Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A "Strictly at home" CD asks--- "Is it 'exciting" out there?"

I've been at this for almost seven years, been out close to a thousand times. I guess I can best describe my feeling as being "natural". I get no high, but I am almost always filled with joy, happiness. That comes from two things. People are wonderfully accepting and almost always make me feel special. Happened this morning, quite a few times. And having morphed into somewhat of a fashionista, there is great satisfaction to an outfit well done. We are all snowflakes here, every one of us coming at this from a very different angle. My advice, do what makes you happy, as long as you do so safely.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I think I have heard the term "underdress", and I think that's what I do. It does excite me. I will wear bra/forms/ stockings, and even high heel boots under jeans. I have been to the mall (straight in to Torrid, then back out), and the local adult stores ( totally non judgmental!), but that's as far as I've taken it so far. I think my next step is an out of town bar. Not ready to be recognized , yet.

Kandi,

Great advice! BTW love your column, read it every day!!

Davina

Reality Check
    Is it exciting out there?

I suppose that might describe the feeling. Certainly it's a bit different after one gets more used ot it. I don't get out often, perhaps a couple times a year so it is exciting but a bit more normal now that I have been out a half dozen times or more.

I think we all have different reasons for going out and we approach it differently. I know some people go out as "crossdressers" and get a thrill out of that. Me, I go out as a "woman" with the hopes of being seen as one. It's like I am playing a part and going out in public is my test of how well I am doing at it.
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    I'm six foot and 200 pounds which is great in guy mode. In girl mode; not so much. When I was younger I did the Halloween routine of getting totally dolled up and venturing into grocery stores and a doughnut shop. I do go out fully en femme in dresses and heels to satisfy the urge; made up short trips and long strolls. After awhile the stroll gets boring because all I am doing is nothing. I have no desire to force any interactions with other humans. I tend to compartmentalize things I do. And, I have nobody to share this side of me. I rather be dolled up at home and getting something done around the house.

Since I've barely begun my journey, I'm no place near being able to take my persona publicly. But, as I continue, it looks like that is a goal. I find I have fantasies about this - where I would go, what I would wear, appropriate makeup and the like. In the past, I always would look and shop for the prettiest or sexiest outfits to wear at home - now I find I'm looking at good-looking casual attire as well...items that are flattering and feminine and yet appropriate. In short, items that I could wear, get and project the same feminine feeling, and yet be out in the community.

Does that sound exciting? You bet! I'm going to try to get there Some of you describe having gotten used to it...I hope I never do on any level. I'm enjoying all of this WAY too much!

I'm totally new in crossdressing, started with a furnace down at home, working on the computer it was not a pleasure. My wife gave me a pair of her winter stocking and she smiled with an interesting look, "nice legs baby" her words. One night I sneaked in bed with her stocking, she was interested but a little surprised. We did more times. Another night, she was late from work, I prepared dinner all dressed up with her little shoes (painful next day). What a night, she never stopped to look at me.
    Another night, I'm a beginner, a bought my first dress but it was small and she gave me her ( too big for her) and we had dinner at home, we are talking and we decided to go out for the first time. We went to a LGBT bar, she drove, she bought me the drinks, we talked all night and when we left some guys and girls give me compliments for my dress and compliments to my wife. The final surprise, she opened the door, drove back at home touching my leg. Yes we were more than excited, nervous at the beginning but really excited back at home.

It's funny, but before coming out to my wife last year, I never even considered going out in public dressed. I was lucky to find enough time to do it while she was out, and back then I didn't have much of my own clothes or makeup to play with. But now that she's accepting and supportive (and I have an entire wardrobe and lots of makeup), I have a totally new outlook. She's even said she would go with me! But the challenge is to find the appropriate place to go. (My area is known for it's progressive, accepting culture, but I haven't been able to find any CD-specific clubs, bars, etc. I'm not sure if "LGBT-friendly" would always include CDs.) In the meantime, I'm "testing the water" by going on walks in my neighborhood with my hair (past shoulders) not hidden in a ponytail, a little lip gloss, women's sneakers and socks, and/or leggings. I know some of the people I encounter regularly (just to say hi; no names), so it will be interesting to see, as I increase my femme appearance over time, what their reactions are, if any.....

Oh, my...I'm a new crossdresser, terrifying, nervousness..with my wife decided to go out for the first time. We were both terrified and nervous. At the bar she bought me drinks and opened the door of the car when we left.We where so excited to go home asap. She so great that we are going out again soon.

I'm kind of jealous of open CDers, but I have a hard enough time just leaving the house in general. Maybe the stars will align some day and I'll find a partner or friend that encourages me to show this part of me to the world. I've always felt like cosplaying at some kind of gaming convention would be right up my alley. Combines some of my interests and there would be lot of people in costumes.

It is exciting to me! Jump out of that closet and come on out into the daylight.

You bet your sweet bippy it is!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Showing your age You bet your sweet bippy - Rowen and Martin - Laff In 1963. I always wanted to get painted like Goldy, or tell one liners on the laff wall.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I just went out for the first time this summer and can say that it is definitely worth it! I live in a liberal community so it may be easier, but stepping out of the car the first time in a wig, makeup, skirt flats, etc. is not easy. I just held my head high and owned it and met two of the most wonderful girls that helped me relax. It was definitely worth it!

I don't know about exciting. I would describe it more like nice. With a large dose of anxiety at the beginning which is pretty small now that it is normalized. It is nice to be able to wear an outfit I like vs man clothes I hated all my life before.