Thread: Too Much Fun?

Too Much Fun?

I just recently had my first crossdressing experience in 25 years. It was wonderful - euphoric, sensual a "high" to be sure...yet a bit scary. First, I cannot wait for the opportunity to do it again and it dominates all my thoughts. Even a trip to the drug store to buy pantyhose was a high. I fantasize about my next experience. Feels almost like I'm becoming addicted...or maybe I already am. Is this just the overreaction of a newbie or does this over the top obsession recede with time? Or something else? I know one thing for sure...I don't want to stop!

Reality Check
    I'm curious: What prompted you to suddenly decide to crossdress?

And did you already have the clothes, wig, boobs, etc.? Tell us more about your experience. What you wore, what you did, etc.

As for the obsession, some of us keep on dressing, sometimes every day, some just do it occasionally.
    Krisi

I am with Krisi and am very curious what triggered the desire to crossdress after such a long time?

I am sure there are some that are addicted, but for a very large majority it is not an addiction. It's sudden appearance is somewhat more like an epiphany that connects your consciousness with something very deep in your sense of self. That said it can increase to the intensity that it is like an addiction for awhile before it tends to find a place where it just exists as a part of who you are as an individual. Be aware that female-like self can still come and go; keep in mind that if that happens then it follows that your male-like self also must come and go. And it is not unusual for them to blend together where both are present.

Platinum Member
    One could argue that there is a significant addictive aspect to cross dressing. The words you choose to illustrate your experience could be used to describe the high experienced by a drug user or gambler. That “high” makes a person especially vulnerable to any self-deceptions that might encourage repeating the episode.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 08-17-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Hey Kris! I'm with Kristi and Gretchen in asking, what took you so long?

Having said that, just know that it's never too late to enjoy the euphoric, sensual high you describe in your post above. So, just have fun as you shop, experiment, and improve not only your look, but your femme self-image and confidence. Let your fantasies become realities.

At your age, you have earned the right to just do what pleases you as you seek to make room in your life for this new source of fun and pleasure. There are thousands of us on this site who have been where you are, so feel free to share you questions and experiences with us all.

Regarding this recent cross dressing experience and how it made you feel, I would generalize that one answer is, "all of the above". Many, if not most of us have felt all the things you are feeling. Over time, many of us have seen our needs and obsessions come and go. However, the one answer that seems NOT to change is that the pleasure and need to cross dress almost never, ever goes away.

As for not wanting to stop, there is no need for you to stop as long as you make reasonable accommodation for other factors and other people in your life.

I look forward to seeing more posts from you as you continue to evolve in your love of femininity in the form of cross dressing. Let us know if and how we can help, or just enjoy sharing your experiences with us.

Like you, most of us know one thing for sure, we don't want to stop either!
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Sounds like you were bitten by the same bug as I. Yes addicting is putting it mildly for some of us. Interesting things start to happen when dressed up - like going to a bar and finding out all of your drinks have been paid for by some unknown admirer. It is really something else for sure. Have fun and be safe out there.

Sandi

Welcome aboard this ship sails world wide. We have all sorts and degrees of madness/addition/etc. You will find whatever you are looking for.. some of us will come forward, while others will just hide in the shadows and listen.
    Remember this: The PINK FOG may seem, at times, to go away, but in fact it just ebbs and flows but do not go away.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

IZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you all for responding, and making me feel very welcome. I'll try to answer some of your questions.
    To the "Why so late" inquiry: I think I was held back most of my life by societal norms and stigmas...pressure that a man must be a certain way, and wearing womens clothing was somehow wrong or perverted. Problem was i was always curious about it...loves the feel as well as the look, and wanted to try myself.But it was wrong, so i didn't and bottled up my feelings. Shortly after my wife and I married, I would sometimes put on her clothes - we were close in size so everything actually pretty much fit - It was great fun but really sneaky and I didn't like that feeling, so i stopped and back down deep the feeling were buried - until recently. With my wife out of town I gave in FINALLY to my persistent curiosity, shaved my legs (pretty exciting) put on toenail polish (even better) got some panty hose at Walgreens and bought some nice high heels (WAY over the top now) and put them on. Obviously having my own stuff small though it was made the difference. I have been flying ever since.
    I do not have any of the accoutrements yet, but I'm enjoying looking the catalogs...that's probably coming, but dresses first - and the shoes! As I think about your comments and ponder myself, I'm thinking that the way forward must be one of balance with reality, succumbing to the "pink fog" monster only at specific times, like when I'm alone for an extended time, and putting it out of mind as much as possible the rest of the time. What do you think?

For now it will work. The Pink fog will work it's way on you as time passes.
    You will accept the fact that it is there. The next big hurdle. Should you tell the wife? Unless you hide your stanch well, she will eventually find it. She will also sense a change in you. Things like noticing more about fem clothing. You can get away with it for a time saying "I am looking for you" but your style and hers do not normally match. Sizes, colors, style tastes are different. That I never bought clothing for my wife after the first two attempt failure. It is a very personal thing.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    IZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]
    As I think about your comments and ponder myself, I'm thinking that the way forward must be one of balance with reality, succumbing to the "pink fog" monster only at specific times, like when I'm alone for an extended time, and putting it out of mind as much as possible the rest of the time. What do you think?
    Just my opinion, but I think you are on your way to having lots of fun. To help us provide better advice it might be helpful for your friends here to understand any limits, barriers, time constraints, financial issues, are in play that can either help or hinder your CDing interest.

Examples: Are you in any relationships that make your CDing an issue? Another thing you might share is what would be the most fulfilling thing that you have thought about doing, or fantasized about doing? More examples: shop dressed? Have a GG girlfriend or spouse? Go on a date with a guy? Pretend you are a beautiful model in a fashion show? Have bedroom run dressed as Kris? The list for most of us is usually pretty long.

You might find it easier to just think about one of those type of examples that may have been bouncing around in your mind for a long time, and then taking action, step-by-step to turn it from an idea/fantasy to a reality. Of course, people on this site are not shy about offering suggestions and tips.

Stay in touch. We are so glad you decided to join us and let us in on what CDing fun you have had so far. The more you tell us about your CDing hopes and dreams, the more the members of this amazing site will be able to share their suggestions and how to make it happen.

Teresa
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kris, I think u r like Alice looking down the rabbit hole!

And, it sounds like she's about to jump in!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Does the over-the-top obsession ever fade? Oh my gosh! I certainly hope not!

Seriously though, it doesn’t exactly fade, but it does change over time. You’ve opened a door to a new aspect of your life, and everything beyond that door is new, exciting and wonderful. The newness will wear off. What happens after that depends on you. For me, the feeling changed from new and wonderful to normal and wonderful. Female clothing became my new normal, and I love the feeling of normality. Male clothing became the disguise and the female became the real me. But it’s different for everyone and how you feel about crossdressing ten years from now depends entirely on you.