Thread: How do you deal with the Grizzly Rollcoaster ride of CD?

How do you deal with the Grizzly Rollcoaster ride of CD?

If you've ever been to Great America, you may have ridden the grizzly. It's a shake, rattle and roll you all over ride.
    This week I feel like I've been on that ride. Sat did something new to me. Instead of dressing a few hours, it was from mid morning to after dinner, and only changed as had some errands to run and am not out to local community.

Some observations:
    -- dressing for almost the whole day feels totally new and still working thru how I feel about it
    -- the next day huge, HUGE, angst and yet also peace with it.
    -- couldn't wait to dress again.

Thus this thread. How have you experienced changes in your CD length of time and what after effects have you noticed/felt when you increased your CD exposure?

The first six months or so after I started going out, I experienced a rather profound sadness at having to remove everything at the end of the day. It was the combination of the extended time, the human interaction, etc. all coming to a close. The elation of my newly found freedom didn't seem like something that should have to end, it was grossly unfair! I recall conveying my sorrow to a friend at the time, it truly bothered me.

Time passed and quite honestly, as much as I still am absolutely besotted with the time I spend in my finery, I am also quite happy to hang it all up at night. I have found the contentment of balance.

Silver Member
    In the last five years, I've gone from maybe one outing a week of 1 to 2 hours duration, to being essentially full time. I am dressed in a skirt and heels everyday going to and from work. A skirt is impractical for the type of work I do, so I need to change into work clothes and PPE. My wife will not go out in public with me while I'm fully dressed, so for those occasions, I tone it down to yoga pants, feminine top and wedges. But for any other outing, it's skirt and heels.

It's been a long road to accomplishing that, and has a lot to do with aging and building confidence. As I get older, I realize life is too short to not make myself feel beautiful, I worry less about what others think, AND I realize they don't think about me anyway. Also, I've been coached exceptionally well on how to put together a presentable outfit. And the more I put myself out there, the more I am recognized and people seem to be more and more comfortable with my presentation. That inspires me be even more adventurous. It feels like a truly virtuous cycle

I've noticed I'm more comfortable with the idea that someone might see me. Last time I mowed I wore a pair of short shorts even though my neighbor was out and my in-laws could have looked out and saw me, other times I'll do stuff in the yard in a skirt and camisole, with the wife-approved attitude of "it's my yard, don't look if you don't want to see."

I've even stopped for gas a few times wearing a skirt and a girly top figuring so what if someone sees?

Wouldn't have done any of that 10 years ago!

I've noticed that I have turned it up a notch in the last year. In the past, I might find occasion to dress up maybe twice over the warm summer months. This year it has been like eight times since late May. I'm debating on doing it today. Any time I get a new idea, I like have to try it out. I really should settle this down for a while, I know, but it's too much fun.

For years I considered myself ?just a cd? when I finally accepted my transgender status the ebbs and flows ceased. I cannot dress full time nor transition. However being at peace with my true feelings has changed from a rollercoaster to a flat road.

I have been doing it more since covid. I also seem to need it more.
    There has been some improvement in style, in my opinion, but deal with it i dont. I try not to think about it too much.
    Not so easy but hey.
    Great at the time though.
    We all have that moment when everything else pales in comparison.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Donna, I've been dressing for about 25 years and I'm 78 now. The 1st 10 were spent completely alone and in private dea;ing with thots I'd never had before.

Then, I came out here and my dressing world opened up amazingly fast!

Comparing where u r now to Sherry's rollercoaster ride? I'd say u still have an hour or more in line before your ride even begins!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I used to experience lower lows if I'd drink too much during a CD experience; alcohol is a downer after all. When I first started I felt drinking was the only thing that would give me the courage to allow myself to dress and act gurly. Ultimately my experiences have been WAY better if I don't imbibe right off of the bat. Doing some work to accept that I enjoy dressing and creating a feminine persona as a part of myself, even just sometimes, has really helped me avoid any guilt or lows. It has also helped me to not Purge for years now. Cultivating acceptance also allows me to budget and invest in some higher quality tools (decent wigs, makeup, heels) because I know it will be worth it and feel worth it even the next day; not just some objectified, disposable, 'destined for the trash' experience. Sometimes I even feel like I'm really lucky to have the curiosity to experience this side of myself outside of the general 'masculine' experience we're brought up to value and strive for.

I don’t have any next-day blues because I dress every day. But I understand your feelings. I had them once myself. I eventually realized that presenting as female was a necessary, natural and normal part of my life. I got off the rollercoaster years ago. Now, I’m riding a jet on a never-ending trip through the stratosphere. I hope you get off the rollercoaster soon.

I used to have the up and down emotional ride.
    Dress for a few hours and be so happy, then have to change and hide and be regretful and full of shame, then be so eager to find those few hours again.

Once I came out to my wife and she became fully supportive that ended. I dress all the time and if something arises that forces me back to drab there's no emotional effect as I know when that sequence ends I'll just be me again.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Hi Donna , I just hang on and Enjoy the Ride, >Orchid**!!**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Had similar vibes in my 20s, at 60ish, through the years, the more I dress the better I feel. Sleeping in a nightie is more comfy than not.

But, if I do not dress on a more or less continual basis , I will get angst too , it took me years to put together an increase in irritability - not a lot - but for sure there - with no panties on hand.

And if my travels take me away for 2 weeks + with no opportunity to dress, I still feel that incredible surge of emotional relief and joyous freedom when I am able to be my full self again by dressing as a woman.

It has been this way all my adult life.