Thread: Transgender Mechanic Type

Transgender Mechanic Type

I am an old mechanic. I've worked on everything from lawn equipment to heavy diesel equipment. I've also done some automotive work professionally as well.
    I'm not interested in being transgendered but it occurred to me today that if there's someone who fits this description. It could be a good and fun relationship.
    I'm thinking that if I were to have reassignment surgery I would probably choose a more feminine career but still need the tinkering with mechanical things.
    So finding a relationship like this, question is, how to find it?
    Thoughts?

I believe that many of us are mechancial types. I do not think that this desire to dress has much to do with any specifc occupation. That said I agree that it could be an added benefit to share this desire with someone of your occupation. In general I find sharing my desire to crossdress with other like minded individuals has been pretty satisfying. I am always amazed at how each of our journies with this desire are so similar. Best wishes in finding a kindred spirit.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Platinum Member
    Hi Joyce , The best part of being in this Program is that I get to enjoy the best of Both worlds, >Orchid**!!**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I still wrench from time to time. But even as a transger girl I'm driving a tow truck. I found a very excepting company and I'm very happy doing the work. I do still get irritated when I'm tired but thats really the only time now.

If we ever get to Vegas I will let you know!

I always find the threads in here that deal with labels and categories confusing, we pretty much fall outside norms by definition so I'd suggest that if you want to transition and like working on engines, do both.
    Be true to yourself and do what you love, more power to you.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I understand the question to be how do you find a transgender (male to female) mechanic?

I think you could either ask female mechanics if they?re transgender, or ask transgender women if they?re mechanics. I?d go with the 2nd strategy.

Gold Member
    I am a retired Carpenter, 54 years in the Union. I have been wearing dresses as long as I can remember.
    As a Foreman, I was responsible to hire people as I needed them. On several occasions I hired Women
    as Carpenters. Most of the time, they worked out better than the Male's Did.
    So if a Female can pound nails, she can bend a wrench.

Reality Check
    Women are in the workforce nearly every place. Not as many as men, but they are out there and have been for several years. At least in the USA where it's illegal to discriminate based on sex.
    Krisi

I think you will find this useful.

12.37% of all engineers are women in the UK.
    21.80% women work in the engineering sector (incl. engineers)

Engineering UK report 2018

So tinkering is fine no matter which Gender you are.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I am with you on finding something more of a feminine nature to work with if you transitioned.
    Being you liked to work on mechanical things as a guy, it is pretty messy greasy work and there is NO WAY!" ...you're ever going to keep you natural fingernails long and feminine!
    I have the same problem when I play my guitar.
    But you like to tinker on mechanical things....how about assembling crafts such as lawn art, Macrame hammocks, Assembling sales displays, needlepoint, crochet, or work on a assembly line for non greasy machines? Wearing gloves to keep your hands feminine and aprons to keep your clothes presentable.
    Thinking about your looks should be paramount over what you do for a living but as others said, you can be feminine and still wrench.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Thanks for the statistics, Shelly.

My daughter has a mechanical engineer degree, she worked for a large auto manufacturer. I know many females in the engineering world because of her.

She also likes to tinker. No one gets in the way of her putting together Ikea furniture!

I believe when people say there are male and female type jobs, it is "old school" thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Swindell View Post
    If we ever get to Vegas I will let you know!
    I hear they are always looking for Vegas Showgirls.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

you could check transmissions by lucielle
    http://www.transmissionsbylucille.com/
    Put the rock down, you live in a greenhouse.

I know an out transwoman who is still working as a mechanic, but she is not on this site.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I've been working as an electronic engineer for most of the last thirty years and have loved the mechanical aspects of solving problems related to physical design. being a crossdresser has only reinforced the notion that whatever a male can do a female can do better.