Thread: The best laid plans ...

The best laid plans ...

I had this great plan for today. The family would be out of the house from 9:00 am until after 1:00. It would be Geena time, and a chance to get out. I wanted to push the envelope and be closer to others, like a social distancing level. I planned to go to a local, nearly closed mall and walk around a bit. Problem #1: The mall is actually closed. So, I get made up (pretty decently, I must say) and decide to head to a neighboring town and take a stroll along the old fashioned main street, with stores on either side. I head out and get about 6 miles down the road and my truck does it's trick. Problem #2: The engine temperature sensor skips out now and then, and when it does, No A/C! Now I have a hot drive. I decide on a change of plans and would head to a not very busy store at that town to enjoy the A/C there. Problem #3: The not-busy store has closed up shop for good. I go back to plan 1, and head for down town. Problem #4: They are having a street festival there today -- the street is packed with people, way to close contact for me at this point. I go to another plan, I drive a few miles out to a nice community college and stroll around the grounds. The buildings are spread apart with an almost park like setting in between. I get there and get out and walk around, confident of my look. Problem #5: Not a soul in sight. It was a nice little walk, but I was wanting to be seen closer up. Not happening. When I caught a glance of my reflection in the windows, I thought I was looking and moving pretty good. I had noticed a nice piece of statuary in town, near the road, and decided to stop there to photo graph it, and take a couple timed photos of Geena by it. Problem #6: There was some guy resting on the bench next to the statue, and, just judging by the looks of him, he struck me immediately as someone who would give me a hard time, whether he saw me as a guy or woman. I chose to pass it up. So, I had a nice outing, if a little warm, but no contact.

Geena,

Chalk it up to experience. Each outing builds your confidence that little bit more. Your chance will come.

The thing is though is you got out. You?ve attempted to make the best you could out of the situation. There were many obstacles thrown out at you it sounds like and you endeared. Smile snd post it in your personal diary as a good day and a great memory to add as well. It does get easier every time we go out our confidence self esteem all goes along with it all. It?s the best we can do. Congratulations to you and a toast to many more to come.

Platinum Member
    Hi Geena , Somedays You just can't WIN, >Orchid**!!**
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-22-2021 at 04:44 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    I think that street festival would have been a good place to go. "Hiding in plain sight." There would be so many people paying attention to the festival that most wouldn't give you a second thought.
    Krisi

Krisi -- You may be right, but it was pretty crowded. I wasn't feeling that confident -- yet.

I added a couple pics from the day. I reconsidered and went with the new summer dress and the leggings, but with the white shoes. I just used my phone to take selfies, and I'm not good at it, should have taken my camera and mini tripod. I took one full length shot at home to remember the look. Good experience, thouh.

EDIT: I removed the images, realizing it was a public forum.
    Last edited by Geena75; 09-13-2021 at 07:45 AM.

I am not a fan of selfie. It made my already round big head even rounder and bigger. I need more distance than in arm length.