We went to a friends new house who relocated for a new job and had a house warming get together.
If started with a man complaining something about a male soccer player who is playing on a female soccer team and how that's so wrong and we are giving the transgender to much freedom. Well we were all into a few drinks now and people are more free and speaking there minds now. It started "I seen one last week it was disgusting", "Thank God my children didn't end up like that, I'd rather have my children coming out gay then that". The circle started getting bigger and more complaints, a women complaining why we should be spending money on transgendered washrooms let them shit there pants if they want to be that way.
My heart rate started to rise listening to this and when they turned to me and my wife how we felt about it. My wife responded very short and said it really isn't any of her business what people choose to do in there lives and she would support her children not only if they are transgender but whatever they decided. I added that transgender isn't digusting but when a parent that doesn't support there children, now thats disgusting to me and sad.
Well I guess they thought we we're supporters and the conversation broke up. When we were driving home my wife said we could have taking it further but all we would be doing is putting a dent in a very large truck. She said it seems like more people are excepting but she has a feeling it's like a women with a lot of makeup on, she tries to look younger but when you take it off it's always the same old face under. In our Itaian culture we have a saying " a wolf chances it's fur, but it never changes its instinct".
I was very disappointed last night and see a long road ahead, sorry if I ruined anyone's day. I just need to vent.