Thread: I could not make this up.

I could not make this up.

On Friday 20-08-2021 my sister Maggie called, at my request, for a chat. I was nervous leading up to this but better than I thought, boosted my two previous meetings with ladies of a certain age. I intended to begin by revealing my passion for lingerie history and gently moving into more detail. I was only going to reveal that I wore the items as well depending on how she reacted. I told her that I was slightly nervous about what I was going to say and probably embarrassed as well.
    The first thing I did was ask her what the word petticoat meant to her and she replied it was an underskirt to make the skirt fuller. I told her that it had great significance for me and related the story of my primary school teacher, which is documented in another thread. I began by saying it opened up a new chapter in my life and my study of 50s and 60s lingerie. Her answer took me by surprise. That explains why I saw my sisters ball gown hanging in your wardrobe and described the gown. From that point the conversation carried on as if I had told her that I wear women's clothes. In such a short time we were at a point that I thought would take ages to reach. I was totally surprised by my sister's reaction and highly relieved. I told her that I preferred the 50s style underwear of girdle. stockings and slip and loved petticoats. Turns out she likes petticoats herself, especially with lace, and we discussed various styles. I said that I had quite a lot of clothes, bought over the last 20 years, and if she wished she could see them. She is the first person to see my clothes collection.
    When I opened the dress closet doors she kind of said wow and started picking out items to view. One red dress with lace sleeves she particularly liked. Since she liked lace I showed her my lace dresses. I said they were so comfortable to wear and I held it for her to feel the fabric. I could not believe what was happening. Here was my sister and I discussing the merits of dresses totally at ease with each other. We moved on to skirt suits and skirts and then I said you must see my slips. I mentioned that slips are one of the reasons that I dress. I showed her some of my Van Raaltes and Vanity Fairs to which she remarked you go for the good ones. I replied that they were so hard to refuse and so lovely to wear. I said that when I wear them the chest area doesn't look right lying flat so I wear a bra and forms which I showed her. I also showed my girdle and stockings. She then spotted two framed photos that I have, one in a chiffon dress and the other wearing a skirt suit. Oh you are wearing earrings she remarked and I explained that they were clip ons, no piercings as yet. She suggested that I should style my wig in different ways and even said where I might buy some and that I could do something with my eyebrows. We talked about make up and at the end she said that I made a lovely woman. Was I ever so on a high at that point. Here was I and my sister, who I had not met a lot over the last twenty years, talking in a way that I had dreamed of for years. I showed her a dress of hers, that I had kept from the eighties, and she barely remembered it. She thinks that she wore it once and didn't like it so she never wore it again. This dress fits me if I don't wear my forms and originally I didn't think much of it, but I quite like it now. Yes she said some of these are coming back in fashion.
    I had already admitted to her, and apologised, for going through her clothes back when she was at home. She had a waist slip and pleated skirt that I particularly liked and wore a few times. Now being totally at ease I asked her if she still had them and, if so, could I have them. She didn't recollect them but she still has a lot of her clothes and I can have them if she finds them. Before we finished viewing my clothes I had to show her my wedding dress. It is tea length and lace over a satin under layer with a net fitted petticoat. It also has a corset style under bodice. She loved it and looked at all the detail. I explained that I would wear more petticoats under it, including a hoop, if I wanted more flare. I asked but she couldn't recall if she wore a petticoat under her wedding dress. Funny thing is I can't remember either.
    I then asked if she would like to see more photos so we ended up viewing a lot of my collection. I showed a wide range of pictures from my own to women in everything to men in everything femme. Nothing phased her in any way. I was totally happy and glad that I asked for the chat. She has put on a fair amount of weight, since she married, and she can't wear some clothes she likes. She said she has wanted to do so for a while but has not yet started. I then gave her a challenge. I said I would buy her a petticoat, in a size she would like to get to, if that would be an incentive. I will get one exactly the same and we will wear them together. This may happen. I could never have believed that my sister and I would connect in this way. We know each other's dress and lingerie preferences and we will become a lot closer. I could never have made this up and never ever thought it could happen. My only problem now is what am I going to do next. These last eight days have been so out of this world for me, how am I going to follow that. Dressing with my sister would be one step. The great thing is that I am now not alone and I believe my sister will benefit as well.

So good that you have become closer to your sister

Being able to share with someone close to you is such a wonderful thing. Glad for you.

A very inspiring story. Do not rush to it, but I expect we will soon be hearing stories of you and your sister going out shopping together. She will realize that she now has a sister and that you both need to make up for lost time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Very nice story and you now have not only a sister but a best friend and adviser.
    Crissy

What an incredible and beautiful experience. It is amazing. I wish you both the best in this new direction with someone very dear to your heart.

Wow! What a lovely story. I'm very happy for you. If only we all had your courage! ��. Beverly

You are sooooo blessed to have a sister, all I have is older brothers.
    I have this transgendered friend who's sister is in the know about her older brother and she goes out with us once in a while to TG GNO's and parties.
    We have gotten to be a little more than good friends as we admire each other a lot.
    I think she wishes her brother could be more like a sister in that she could talk about intimate things with him like she does with me.
    Maybe she is a bit worried her brother may get the wrong message or touch him wrong when admiring a dress or piece of lingerie.
    That long past history you both have with each other will never go away but having this new chapter in both your interactions will ultimately bring you closer together.
    Let her borrow whatever she might like, it will pay dividends!!!
    Lucky Girl!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Thank you for your kind comments. I am still on a high. I hope when she has time for all to sink in that she will not change her mind. I don't think she will. We swapped so many little details, such as shoe sizes and dress sizes, and her comments and little remarks were so kind and understanding that we must carry on. I have two sisters and I told the other one a few years ago and she supported me fully. However we communicate at least every three weeks but she will not comment on the subject. I thought that telling my second sister, who is actually the older of the two, would be a more difficult affair. I could not have been more wrong. I will be communicating with her a lot more often, from now on, but I will let her set the pace. I know I am a really lucky guy.

What a delightful story! Luckily your sister is not your wife, so she doesn't "need" you to be a "man" for her, and is free to appreciate you as you are. Now you can enjoy being sisters together! I never had a sister, but I would have loved one like yours, reveling in enjoyment of the same clothes together! A fantasy come true!