Thread: Continuing my journey

Continuing my journey

Well I did not want to go out dressed today since it was so hot and humid. So I put on my pink nails and grey denim jeggings. Went to White House Black Market and the woman was super nice. She said I could try on anything I liked. It was tempting but I knew if I did my credit card would get a good workout. Next to the supermarket and a beauty supply store. Got nice compliments on my nails and my shoulder bag. A few months ago I never would have dreamed about going out not fully dressed. I?m just feeling so much more comfortable in my skin. Tomorrow a trip to the gym with a pair of pink leggings matching my nails. I?m thinking of going to work with my nails but it may be too soon for that.

I?m glad you?ve had a good day; it sounds like your journey is going well. It makes life so much easier when people are accommodating, doesn?t it. Keep rocking it, girl.

I like that a few months ago you wouldn?t have dreamed of going out not fully dressed - I presume you mean fully crossdressed.
    I would not dream of going out fully crossdressed. Well, I might dream, but I wouldn?t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    I like that a few months ago you wouldn?t have dreamed of going out not fully dressed - I presume you mean fully crossdressed.
    I would not dream of going out fully crossdressed. Well, I might dream, but I wouldn?t do it.
    I find I have thought like this also, but the farther down this road I go, I can feel the desire to perfect my persona and go outside. Having some intriguing thoughts about this. It's going to take time, but it's going to happen. Looking forward to the ride.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Not sure what you mean exactly by not fully dressed. Not all dolled up or not completely a girl? Assuming the first I've gotten into a dress down look going to the supermarket and such and kind of gotten used to it. fortunately for going out I still want to look my best. It's an interesting progression to being comfortable when you're not trying to rock the look. Congratulations on this new stepping stone in your path to wherever any of us are going. As much as I feel comfortable going to a lot of places it's tough when you don't have your armor on. When you look awesome or so you think you can do almost anything. It changes the way you feel and gives you confidence. Being out in a casual less caring way takes that away and creates a different feeling that I found I needed to become comfortable with. It brought this to a whole new level in an unexpected way.

Genifer. No makeup, wig, etc. Just a pair of grey denim jeggings, nails, and a shoulder bag. Was going to go to the gym but was unable to. Tomorrow gym and hopefully work.

Genifer, the casual look does have a special magic it seems. My last time out I was so confident and comfortable that I was able to just walk through a mall and wander into Macy's, something that previously did get second looks from SA's and some customers but this time no one looked, and I checked! Another breakthrough was to try a grey wig, amazing how no one looks at you when you are looking "older". I often went for a more business or classy look and often took way to long to build up confidence to exit the car and enter the store but as I came closer to the "average" the time I needed went down, all the way to just enough to check my lipstick and put the keys in my purse.

So I guess if it is being out in public and blending is your goal, aiming as much towards the middle is key but I also have a very significant part of me that wants to be as dressed up as possible. Until recently, the fabric and style mattered quite a bit in what I wanted to wear and I had to go through a transformation in what I wanted, internally as well as externally, to get where I wanted to be.