Thread: Report on the class picnic!

Report on the class picnic!

Know that, I went with an open mind, not expecting trouble, but ready to deal with it!
    I was up early and I my normal morning activities! I then packed the items used for those activities and took off!
    First leg was without problems! Then, I missed my turn! I got on the right road and thought "Alright!" Alright lasted less than 10 miles! Huge traffic jam! We were forced to go around thru town! I tried to talk to the police officer but was told, "Go on, Ma'am!" I followed the crowd and came back on the right road!
    I drove on! My car sent me a message! "Do you need a break?" Well, yes! Stopped at a McDonalds and used the ladies' and got a breakfast biscuit! I ate the biscuit in the car! Off again! Then, stopped for gas at $2.88 a gallon! I used my debit card and surprised it worked in Va. Onto US 64 and then Interstate 81!
    I stopped and used the ladies' room at a WVa rest stop! I called my daughter to update her!
    Past Hagerstown, MD to Harrisburg, Pa! I took a wrong turn! Back on the right road! 60 miles to go! On to Lewistown, Pa.
    Reached my destination! I was treated like any other woman by the desk clerk! She loved my nails!
    I unloaded the car and went to a shopping center to a Subway for lunch! First sale clerk was a little short! The older clerk loved my nails but I loved hers! Hers were like white marble with green mossy streaks! Very pretty! On to Giant Foods and local chips and my Lebonan Bologna!
    I drove to the picnic site as I was there once as a child! I came back and checked out some of my old haunts! It is my town but not my time! So many changes! I ate my meals at 2 different restaurants! I was treated as the lady I am! Got gas...$3.62 a gallon! I used my debit card and it was good! I had difficulty with that a few years ago!
    I got up early and went to the picnic site and took pictures like a tourist! I was the first to arrive! They arrived in ones and twos! I got the cookies, brownies, and chips and took them to the pavilion! I introduced myself o a few of them! Others knew who I was! I was accepted by all both male and female! One told me, "You have to be you!" We talked about Toll Gate School, some of the teachers, and Logan Street where I and some others were raised! (including little Lana with the white dress!) I had a good time!
    I ate supper and went back to my room! I stepped out of my room to call my daughter! There were 2 older boys on the balcony and one in the parking lot! I stepped into the parking lot just as one of those on the balcony said, "Dad is taking a sh--!" Then he saw me! "OMG Sorry for the language, lady!" I told him it was OK! He was terribly upset! I found it somewhat amusing!
    I left early in the morning the next day! Pa and Va took forever to cross!
    All in all a good trip/experience!
    (Sorry this is so long!)
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Sounds like a long/big day Lana Mae.
    Glad you had fun though.

Totally unrelated issue, $3.62 a gallon for gas. Sounds like you think that is expensive. Here in Oz, last week I was paying $2.00 a litre, That is $7.60 AUS a gallon.
    What is that old trope about buying a house?
    Location, Location, Location.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Thanks for posting about your reunion adventure

Aspiring Member
    I’m glad you had a good experience lana mae, and things are going well for you!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Lana Mae, that sounds like as normal a trip as a woman could take. That phrase "You need to be you" has become familiar to me as well. I'm not sure if it implies support, but it's not the challenge that I've always expected on coming out.

Peta, a fun day it was! Gas in Africa last I heard was over $10.00 a liter! As you said location!
    Bridget, you are welcome!
    Nikki, yes a good experience!
    Sarah, "you need to be you!" implies acceptance not necessarily support!
    Thanks for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Lana Mae, Fantastic post, I loved it! Thanks
    Crissy

Lana,
    Sounds like a great time. So pleased that it went so well for you.
    I dream of showing up to a reunion as Gracie. However, since I am only out to my wife, that is not going to happen,
    BTW. When I travel, I plan my gas stops to avoid buying gas in Pennsylvania. Their gas taxes are higher than the surrounding states (at least OH, WV and MD are less expensive)

A lot of fun! Great for you...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Sound like a fun trip. Glad it went well.

How fun!
    Thanks for sharing
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

The line from the old Virginia Slims commercial, “You’ve come a long way baby.”

Crissy, I am glad you liked it!
    Gracie Rose, It was very good! I did no planning concerning gas! My car get 59 MPG!
    Devi, thanks!
    Brenda, me too!
    Di. you are welcome!
    Laura, you could say that! LOL
    Thanks everyone for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Nice account. Glad you had a safe, enjoyable trip!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/