Know that, I went with an open mind, not expecting trouble, but ready to deal with it!
I was up early and I my normal morning activities! I then packed the items used for those activities and took off!
First leg was without problems! Then, I missed my turn! I got on the right road and thought "Alright!" Alright lasted less than 10 miles! Huge traffic jam! We were forced to go around thru town! I tried to talk to the police officer but was told, "Go on, Ma'am!" I followed the crowd and came back on the right road!
I drove on! My car sent me a message! "Do you need a break?" Well, yes! Stopped at a McDonalds and used the ladies' and got a breakfast biscuit! I ate the biscuit in the car! Off again! Then, stopped for gas at $2.88 a gallon! I used my debit card and surprised it worked in Va. Onto US 64 and then Interstate 81!
I stopped and used the ladies' room at a WVa rest stop! I called my daughter to update her!
Past Hagerstown, MD to Harrisburg, Pa! I took a wrong turn! Back on the right road! 60 miles to go! On to Lewistown, Pa.
Reached my destination! I was treated like any other woman by the desk clerk! She loved my nails!
I unloaded the car and went to a shopping center to a Subway for lunch! First sale clerk was a little short! The older clerk loved my nails but I loved hers! Hers were like white marble with green mossy streaks! Very pretty! On to Giant Foods and local chips and my Lebonan Bologna!
I drove to the picnic site as I was there once as a child! I came back and checked out some of my old haunts! It is my town but not my time! So many changes! I ate my meals at 2 different restaurants! I was treated as the lady I am! Got gas...$3.62 a gallon! I used my debit card and it was good! I had difficulty with that a few years ago!
I got up early and went to the picnic site and took pictures like a tourist! I was the first to arrive! They arrived in ones and twos! I got the cookies, brownies, and chips and took them to the pavilion! I introduced myself o a few of them! Others knew who I was! I was accepted by all both male and female! One told me, "You have to be you!" We talked about Toll Gate School, some of the teachers, and Logan Street where I and some others were raised! (including little Lana with the white dress!) I had a good time!
I ate supper and went back to my room! I stepped out of my room to call my daughter! There were 2 older boys on the balcony and one in the parking lot! I stepped into the parking lot just as one of those on the balcony said, "Dad is taking a sh--!" Then he saw me! "OMG Sorry for the language, lady!" I told him it was OK! He was terribly upset! I found it somewhat amusing!
I left early in the morning the next day! Pa and Va took forever to cross!
All in all a good trip/experience!
(Sorry this is so long!)
Hugs Lana Mae