Thread: Too far too fast

Too far too fast

I began wearing denim leggings to work and out to shop, dine, etc. Last week i went to work with a set of nails. My wife, who is generally supportive, basically said that it was a step too far. She said she does not care what I wear when she is not around but asked for some discretion on my part when we are together. Although disappointed I do think she is being reasonable. Life is always a compromise.

Angela,

Your thread is a great example of how communication with our spouses is so very important. I do understand how easy it is for us to take a supoortive spouse for granted. You provided me with a great reminder for making sure that I do not take advantage of my wifes supportive attitude. My wife and I have also agreed to boundaries that are reasonable. But to your point when we condsider new things it is important to communicate with our spouse to understand where a new boundary might be. As you stated we may find some limits are disapointing but once we really condsider them they likely are reasonable. Thanks for sharing this.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

It looks like the arrangement you have with your wife is similar to the one I have with my wife. I am content with dressing when she is not around, but staying in male mode when she is. If there is a change I will suggest the change before I do it to ensure she is on board and in agreement. If it came from her to extend the boundary, better still. Its a compromise to be sure, but one that is equitable for both, and helps keep the relationship solid - which seems so important to so many of us.

It is probably better to reveal your final goal now. Are you trying to inch your way to full transition/presentation?

I guess many of us are in a similar situation to you, my wife is more than happy for me to be dressed as Kelly, even helping to shop and give me tips on which shoes go with which dresses but seeing is a whole different ball game for her. She is comfortable with seeing my toes painted and wearing panties under my male clothes but those are her limits.

While it can be frustrating sometimes, as I would be more comfortable walking round the house in a skirt or dress, I sometimes have to remind myself that it wasn?t all that long ago she wouldn?t even be happy with my painted toes and underwear

Take the latest comment from your wife as a shot across the bow. I think it can be easy for us to screw up acceptance and it can be a long time getting it back, if ever.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    It is probably better to reveal your final goal now. Are you trying to inch your way to full transition/presentation?
    I have no plans to transition. Age and family circumstances do not make that a feasible goal.

I know how you feel and I am in a DADT relationship. I am in husband mode when we are together though I can "cheat" and underdress often.
    I guess your underdressing in a camisole and panties already...maybe try some femme perfume?
    Unisex silky Blouses?
    I have many silk blouses that can look pretty girly and some are so femme feeling on me. She doesnt mind me wearing them when I am with her.
    Gosh if I wore leggings she would ask if my legs hurt but there is not much of an excuse to wear faux feminine finger nails unless your marinading steaks!
    I asked my wife if she wouldn't mind if I got my ears pierced and she told me no after seeing some of our mutual guy friends my age, with pierced ears.
    I can have long real nails(gloss clear polish only, no color...to help me stop biting my nails), hair free skin, wear satin camisoles and womens satin briefs and shapers, wear women's perfume, and pantyhose in the winter and thigh high in the summer for compression...so go figure.
    Working on her accepting me wearing a bra for my boobs and back problems and only time will tell.
    The older you get, the more excuses you have to wear lingerie! Dry skin, hernia, back problems, low blood flow, but not one excuse for pierced ears or faux finger nails! "DRAT!"
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!