Thread: I should have known then

I should have known then

When I was very young (like eight?) I used to get Disney comics digest, a Readers' Digest size Disney comic book. There was a story in one where Huey, Dewey, and Louie went skating, fell through the ice, and had to retreat to a nearby house to dry and warm. The lady was a sitter for their female cousins. All she had for dry clothes were black dresses with white lace trim. Lacking other options, they wore them and tried to sneak home to change. Now, mind you, I know there wasn't a lot of difference between the dresses and the sweaters they were wearing before (ducks don't wear pants either way), but it excited me to no end. I might have worn out that book going over the story so many times.

I suppose that's when I should have known I was going to be a cross dresser.

That's stretching it a bit. But it is amusing to find some common stories had more than one level.

Geena, I love it! I feel there is no doubt the CD’ing theme drew you back time and time again.

Thinking about it the Sears catalog was similar for me
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 08-30-2021 at 05:42 AM.
    Crissy

Same for me where it comes to the Montgomery Wards or Sears catalog. I would often revisit the women's sections but never thought anything about why. Looking back I would say the same thing " I should have known". But we were just kids so I didn't question it really at all. I don't recall ever asking myself why but just enjoyed being me then.

Geena, I do not have a similar example to share from childhood (except maybe a real life similar experience at 5), but I very well understand the troubling feeling of crossing boundaries. Unfortunately I find it very hard to explain.
    The point about the rather small difference between the clothes before and after is crucial I think. No matter how close the clothes may look, the simple fact the second are designed for females triggers something very potent for some dressers. Which is a testimony of the power of symbols for some of us, and food for thoughts when discussing the signification of clothes, stereotyped female clothing etc.
    Last edited by DianeT; 08-30-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    When I was very young (like eight?) I used to get Disney comics digest, a Readers' Digest size Disney comic book. There was a story in one where Huey, Dewey, and Louie went skating, fell through the ice, and had to retreat to a nearby house to dry and warm. The lady was a sitter for their female cousins. All she had for dry clothes were black dresses with white lace trim. Lacking other options, they wore them and tried to sneak home to change. Now, mind you, I know there wasn't a lot of difference between the dresses and the sweaters they were wearing before (ducks don't wear pants either way), but it excited me to no end. I might have worn out that book going over the story so many times.

I suppose that's when I should have known I was going to be a cross dresser.
    Little known fact, AKA trivia. Their cousins names were April, May & June. Yes, I'm a Disneymaniac.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Lol I get this. I loved it when Bugs would dress up too

There was also another comic where the girl cousins tricked the boys into wearing thier dresses that was quite funny ! I could try and fine it if others are interested

I also loved when George Jetson would hit the HER button on the Auto Closet and he would end up head to Toe in Jane's dress ! LOL

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Walt Disney's Comics And Stories #671 - Page 33.jpg

Here is the comic I was refering to jetsons.jpg

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    This is the one I remembered! But, to be honest? I think it was the bondage and "forced fem" aspects that got to me!
    15.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It is interesting how many comics and cartoons incorporated crossdressing into their stories. I remember a lot of comics I read as a child had the occasional storyline that required some willing or otherwise victim. And of course there were all the Bugs Bunny, Disney and even Tom & Jerry cartoons that dabbled in the dark arts!

The one that is seared into my memory the most was produced by the Woody Woodpecker people and involved the classic wolf and flock of sheep scenario. The wolf, in his relentless attempts at procuring a lamb roast, first does a sloppy job at pretending to be a shepherdess (presumably Bo Peep) and gets laughed off the pasture by the sheep. So the wolf goes and does a meticulous job of dressing up. The animators spared no expense in showing how the wolf transformed himself into a very attractive girl! I was about 10 or 11 at the time I saw this and my brain was doing fireworks! It was incredible to see something that fed directly in my deepest darkest secret at that age. Sadly I only saw it ONCE and have never found it online or mentioned anywhere again!

I know this outs me as a sentimental pack-rat, but I found the comic. It was from 1971, so I was 11 or 12. The story had Donald wanting to blackmail his nephews when he saw them.

Captions: 1st panel. Mrs. Storkley "Gracious! Such things as I have are much too long for such small boys!" Girls, "Huey, Dewey, and Louie are just our size, Mrs. Storkley."
    2nd panel. Girls, "They can wear these extra dresses Aunt Daisy made us bring along." Mrs. Storkley, "DRESSES!... Well beggars can't be choosers, I guess."
    3rd panel. Mrs. Storkley, "If you boys can swallow your pride, these garments will get you home -- and maybe nobody will notice!"
    4th panel. Huey, "DRESSES!" Dewey, "DRESSES! Nobody had better notice! We'd be voted out of the Junior Woodchucks.!
    5th panel. Huey, "If we stay behind fences and sneak along the railroad cut, we can get to the alley back of our house." Dewey, "Unwept, unhonored and UNSEEN we hope." Louie, "Thanks, girls and Mrs. Storkley."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Geena75; 08-31-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Wow that book is older than me, I am sure someone will buy it or collect it.

Great comics but i can't make out the words ! LOL I can see DRESSES in bold but not see what else the boys are saying
    Can you provide just the wording on the lady giving them the dresses and their reaction ? Thanks

Like Joyce, I,too, was drawn to the Women's section of the Sears catalog at an early ago. By the time I was 11 or 12, I had dreamt of being locked in the Sears store after closing hours and finding myself alone in the Women's clothing section trying on all sorts of wonderful feminine clothes. This experience never went away.
    . ..

I have the same dream being alone in department store( not just sears).