Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm seriously considering this.....

Did you say there are 21 lesbian bars in the US. I find that really hard to believe. I am sure there are more than that I would think every big city and many medium size would have at least one Lesbian bar and I strongly probably doubt they are dying out. I am sure there us at least one in San Diego and probably several more.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I agree most gay bars I.ve been in getting hit on by q guy is rare. They are looking for gay GUYS not trans folks.I have been hit on by other trans folks but even that is rare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    I'm not sure if there are only 21 lesbian bars in the US but gay and lesbian bars are absolutely dying out. The economic strain of the pandemic era has accelerated that process. As mainstream society becomes more accepting of the LGBTQIA experience and younger generations hook up via apps, the traditional bar scene becomes increasingly obsolete.

Hey Kimberly that is a good point. In my recent travels, I found the same to be true in big cities as well. Many clubs are only operating on the weekends now. I guess it is just not profitable enough to pay people on the slow weeknights yet.

Monica is quite right because I seek out new places places when I travel, and the ONLY club I have been to that is designated as lesbian is Blush and Blu in Denver. It is sad but these clubs are on the decline. I do not know who keeps the official count, but when I just looked up Blush and Blu, it says they are now only one of 15 left in the US. I had a nice time chatting with some woman who are a little closer to my age at that club, and it makes me sad to think they could all be gone someday.

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    Did you say there are 21 lesbian bars in the US. I find that really hard to believe. I am sure there are more than that I would think every big city and many medium size would have at least one Lesbian bar and I strongly probably doubt they are dying out. I am sure there us at least one in San Diego and probably several more.
    Here's the source.

https://www.lesbianbarproject.com/

The executive producer is Lea DeLaria, comedian (a self proclaimed dyke comedian) who was a year behind me in high school. She was in speech and drama, and I was in debate. She'd ask (this was mid-70's) whether I was a "Master Debater". It was only a few years later I finally understood the question.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

LGBT bars are the best, they understand, people are open minded. Before crossdressing I was going with with friends never had a problem. Just say no, sorry a friend with you will be the best.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

Well, I won't be going.....

Well y'all, I'm disappointed to say that I will not be gong to an LGBT bar any time real soon, apparently. For one thing, none of them will be open during my days off, (Sunday-Wednesday) and I was able to call ONE bar and speak with the owner just a few minutes ago, (I tried calling three or four of them, but only one picked up) and was told that he has closed his bar due to Covid-19, but will be opening back up later this month..... So, when I go out dressed, probably Monday, I guess I'll just go to a movie. I just wanted to let y'all know that. Oh well, it is what it is. LOL
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 09-03-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Kimberly, you may do better to get away from Kosciusko and go to Jackson, Columbus, Hattiesburg or the coast one weekend.... I would think Columbus would be a good bet, simply because Mississippi university for women is there, and it seems like there would be some thing.
    Life is too short to be boring.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Allison, thanks for your advice. I really never stay in Kosciusko when I go out dressed..... I always go to somewhere in the Jackson area, (Jackson or Flowood, mostly), or I go to Philadelphia, MS or to Carthage, MS. Also, I can't get out dressed on the weekends, because I work every weekend. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.