I'm away for the weekend alone, and will be in a hotel with free mornings pre 9am, and evenings after 6pm. Naturally that means that I will be taking away Charlotte's gear, and I had to get all of my clothing and makeup out and packed whilst my wife was out.

I have a guaranteed 15-20 minutes on a lunchtime whilst my wife takes our daughter from childcare to family, and another 30 minutes later when she picks her up to bring her home.

Cue me setting a 10 minute timer and emptying my complete stash across the floor to pick the outfit and extras that I needed.

Unfortunately she came home, and straight up the stairs in order to grab some extra clothes for our daughter, and I didn't realise until she was half way up the stairs. I chucked the wigs and bras into the corner of the room where she couldn't see, and I think she probably spotted me throwing a hoodie over a pile of "something".

She's been longer than expected at her mum's house, so now I am wondering if she's talking to her mum about it, if she's just taking a break to process, or if she didn't see anything.

It's so frustrating to live in this DADT type relationship where I have to continually hide everything. If I could simply have clothing on show it'd make such a change for me.

Wish me luck..