In my effort to take off some weight and improve my health, I have been walking 5 miles during the early morning hours 5 days a week. I leave before sunrise, and get home just as it's getting light.
I have a nice selection of running skirts that I usually wear while working out inside. I recently purchased a new skirt (skort) that is extremely comfortable, and feels great on my legs while walking. I would love to wear this on my morning walk, however I have a few reservations....I walk in my home neighborhood, and I often pass people on my daily route, and there are a few cars driving by me. I am only out to my wife and a friend, so I really don't want to be "exposed", so to speak. I have a bad ankle, so I walk with a very distinct limp. That, combined with all the security cameras everywhere, makes me very hesitant to go for it. These days, many would say "if it makes you happy, go for it....I fear the ones that would be at the opposite end of the spectrum....the last thing I need is to see a picture on social media of "the guy walking in a skirt". I have worn capris under shorts when it's a bit cooler. and black leggings when it's really chilly.
I love the comfort of the running skirt, the way it feels on my smoothly shaved legs, and it's cooler than wearing shorts. I wish that more men would realize how comfortable skirts can be.