Thread: Male Femininity

Male Femininity

I replied to an earlier post about what female thing makes you more feminine. It got me thinking is there anything in male mode that makes me feel femme. For me I?d say a pedi (enough said ☺️) or my long hair (I can brush it, put it in a pony, twirl it).

I own a few pairs of pink male undies.

Sienna, welcome to CD.com. It is a tremendous resource for people like us.

It really doesn't matter what you do to validate who you are so much as doing something that sends an affirmative message that you are who you are. A pedi can do a lot to affirm yourself. Painted and nice looking toenails is a very distinctive thing for women and can be perceived within you as a very strong message that you are configured correctly with regard to your identity.

I love pony tails. Unfortunately, you have to have some hair to produce one; I have a forest around the sides of a summit that is unfortunately treeless. I love those kinds of mountains, but I definitely do like being one. I am envious. If a pony tail affirms the existence of Sienna then pony tail it should be.

I am growing my nails out. My wife, who is generally supportive, only asks that I paint my nails or wear fake ones when I am with her. Not a problem. Just growing my nails longer gives me an awesome feminine feeling.

Banned Read only
    I'm not allowed long nails - apparently long nails on a man freak my wife out. I've fallen foul of letting my nails grow out a few times and getting the "eww, cut them, they're gross" response.

For me it is my hair. It is on my shoulders now. I also color it kind of blonde. It would be silver if I let it be.

For me, it is when I am in the kitchen cooking food. I was taught a lot of dishes by my mother and I enjoy cooking the way that she, my aunts, and my grandmother used to cook. Especially on family get togethers!

Many if not most most classical/fingerstyle guitarists - male and female - grow the nails of their "picking" hand to more efficiently pluck/strum the strings. I am such a guitarist, and I have at times seen folks look at the nails on my right hand with a quizzical look. Although I file them to achieve the best tone, I guess they are kind of femme looking to the uninitiated.
    A friend who has very brittle nails that break as he plays goes to a salon for nail appliques. They work great! Although they are not fancy colors or designs, they are still quite pretty.

Hi Sienna, this is a great thread! I also have long hair past my shoulders that I can play with, but quickly put in a pony tail for male mode. I keep my fingernails just a little longer than before getting into crossdressing as much as I do, and occasionally apply a coat of clear polish. Very feminine, but not too noticeable. Oh, and like Natalie, I have to have my hair colored (light brown) or it would be all gray. Maybe someday I'll let it go, but I'm not ready yet! I really enjoy being in the salon for my coloring. The girl who does it doesn't know I crossdress, but maybe I'll tell her next time (I'm overdue now!). Anyway, I feel like I'm one of the girls while I'm in there!

~Larissa

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My image in the mirror. My avatar may help explain why?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    I'm not allowed long nails - apparently long nails on a man freak my wife out. I've fallen foul of letting my nails grow out a few times and getting the "eww, cut them, they're gross" response.
    Coincidentally my wife mentioned that to me today. I must have jinxed myself after my post. Oh well. They?ll grow back.

Yes, what it is about having longer nails (and I'm not even talking about long talons) that is so off putting for women and seen as feminine?
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Platinum Member
    My male appearance ranges from looking very dapper with dress shirt and tie, slacks and shined shoes to a scruffy-needs a shave guy wearing totally worn out jeans and tee shirt. Perhaps, it is my manner of treating the world as observed by others. When one of my male cousins died I sent a note to his widow. She did not know me from a hole in the ground. When my oldest cousin, brother of the deceased, read the note I had sent, he said where he lives (south) that type of letter is called "light." He said the manner in which I wrote and expressed myself was more in-line with how a woman would convey her thoughts. His description did not make any sense to me because that is the manner I have always expressed myself.

The question makes no sense. Male traits are, by definition, masculine. If your walk, for example, is feminine then it's feminine. What's left of my beard is not feminine. I could go on, but you seem my point.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I get Mani/Pedi with color every two weeks. I only wear panties. Winter time I wear stockings/suspender(garter belt) also.

When I do male mode I still like to have a bit of femininity mixed in. I have grown my hair out, my toenails are almost always painted, and if an outfit feels too masculine I might add some bracelets or necklaces.