Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had A Heart Attack

Lori Ann,
    DI was likely meant to be GI for Gastrointestinal- reflux or heartburn.
    LAD is left anterior descending. Of the three coronary arteries it supplies the largest portion of the left ventricle- the main pumping chamber. A heart attack in the beginning of the LAD causes a lot of damage to the left ventricle leading to the name widow maker.

Yes, DI was private abbrev, sorry. Just shorthand for digestive system. MI is doctor's jargon for heart attack. LAD is left anterior descending artery and that is the one that usually gets plugged and stents are needed.

From experience, drugs and some diet is not enough, so follow medical guidance for best recovery and especially at least 3x weekly of 20 min to 30 minutes of exercise. More than that does not provide cardio recovery, but watch heart rate carefully the first months, they will probably say exercise only to 100 to 110 BPM. [beats per minute]

If you have a treadmill at home, you could put on a swing skirt and make the "workout" more fun.

Thanks for the explanations, folks! "Myocardial infarction" was easy to guess, but I don't know the anatomy of the cardiac arteries, so "LAD" was unknown to me. My problem is with my eyes, not my heart, so I can talk about "IOP" and stuff like that, but that didn't help. My wife and I once skied a slope in New Hampshire called the "Widowmaker," but that didn't help either, since it had nothing to do with cardiology. And of course, I couldn't hope to guess a "private" abbreviation. So thanks for the advice, and I wish everyone good health for the future!

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    I hope it is in a pretty princess dress, which I don't have yet. I have ventricular tachycardia, leaky valves, so I could just suddenly go in to cardiac arrest. We sleep seperately and she doesn't know that I wear skirts and long slips when I go to bed. My first thought is what do I care if its my time.

Banned Read only
    I can't believe how many responses have essentially been "I'll be dead so I don't care", especially from those whose partners do not know.

Life carries on for your family and friends, and you'll never be able to explain this side of you. You'll have left behind a wife who will be questioning if you were gay, if you wanted to be a woman, if you did this all the time, if you ever loved them at all.

I can't believe how selfish people are to simply say it's my turn, who cares about the turmoil I leave behind.

Platinum Member
    There is something I can agree with Charlotte. I think it is one thing for a wife who has never realized her husband was a cross dresser to be found dead totally en femme, and, another thing if his cross dressing was a bone of contention with her for all their marriage. She could play the sympathy card and sit on the pity pot. "Whoa is me! I never knew!" What happens if she is called to the morgue to identify the body? I saw a murder movie a long time ago where people ran around frantically scrubbing down the deceased guy of his makeup and ripping his clothes off. I think some women consider cross dressing to be so bad that it reflects upon her. So, I can imagine some wife removing makeup and nail polish off the deceased husband before calling the coroner. Ah, the Perils of Pauline can be many.

I do run things through my mind. If I predecease my wife I would expect her to get rid of my stuff when she stumbles upon it. It's all in plain site. On the other hand, if she predeceases me that's going to be a can of worms. Since my wife and I wear the same size I could preen my wardrobe down, but.........those size 13 four inch heels? Na! That's not going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    I can't believe how many responses have essentially been "I'll be dead so I don't care", especially from those whose partners do not know.
    Well, partners who do know, even if it's a DADT, can presumably take care of matters well enough. That leaves the others who had no idea at all. Unfortunately I don't know what percentage of these there are.

Life carries on for your family and friends, and you'll never be able to explain this side of you. You'll have left behind a wife who will be questioning if you were gay, if you wanted to be a woman, if you did this all the time, if you ever loved them at all.
    The crossdresser whose wife never knew is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Is it worth telling a wife so late in life, and possibly risk blowing up a lifelong marriage at a time when elderly couples need to stay together to take care of one another? One way or another there's going to be a shock, either before or after death. In any case, even if the husband is not discovered dead and dressed, there's still that cache of girly things to be discovered, as SirDonna mentioned. How to explain those?

Perhaps one solution is to leave a letter somewhere, "To be opened after my death," with an apology and an explanation. With a lawyer, or in that stash of clothing? "No, I'm not gay, etc." Though it's really wives and others who sorely need to be educated on these points, society-wide.

However, I sincerely hope the question "Did I ever love you at all?" should not need to be answered. That should have been demonstrated by the husband's good behavior toward his wife (and others) during his lifetime!

Anybody that I care enough to worry about how they will feel when I'm gone - already knows about me.

What I worry about more is getting so old that I have to go into a nursing home. How will I manage to dress then?
    I also worry that I might be suffering from dementia, and start demanding my dresses and such.
    How will staff / surviving family deal with THAT?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    I also worry that I might be suffering from dementia, and start demanding my dresses and such.
    I've just had a flashback. In his later years, and as dementia started, my grandad was wearing a dress when we visited once. Apparently it was because wearing trousers was too restrictive on his catheter.

You've got me wondering now though!

You never know, right?
    But yes, any form of skirt is MUCH better if you're stuck with a catheter. I had to wear one once after surgery. (The thing was as big around as a straw!) I just kept a nightie on until I went back to the Dr. to have it removed.
    Not fun, but it did give me an excuse to stay (un)dressed all day. A mixed blessing at best.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-10-2021 at 06:10 PM. Reason: topic not allowed

I would have called EMS but we have a volunteer fire dept. and I was at the hospital before they would have gotten to station. Anyway I'm fine now The wife's not home for 3 days giving me time to dress.
    And she will toss everything I have when I'm gone.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Thank you Charlotte !! Thank you so much for saying this .

I have BEEN a survivor left in a bad position due to this sort of situation .My fiance' was found in a purple thong and that was it and I tell you his MOM told everyone at the funeral and it was horrific.. It was NONE of their business and OMG he would have been so unhappy at all that talking .
    I think about this all the time , I wanted to defend him and I couldn't . I didn't know most of those people and they were VERY straight , I have cried many times over this . I was crushed .. it was like he was just stripped .
    He did have to go to the M.E. like that . This is not a joke at all . I was beyond devastated just totally inconsolable . NO one is going to play any kind of card at a time like that .

And I KNEW all about him... I cannot imagine the devastation if I had known nothing . That would be cruelty on another level...
    I know most will just pass over my post but still I hope someone sees this and knows how much pain and sadness this has caused me . People should care about whats left behind .

And no if you are in that bad of an emergency I doubt if your wives will be thinking about valiantly cutting anything off of you , she may be screaming into the phone for help and hoping help gets there in time or if she finds you that way just no . just no .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Platinum Member
    A friend of mine worked in EMS for 20 years. He shared some of the more unusual calls. Believe me, they would not bat an eye when responding to a cross dressed patient. That is tame stuff compared to what they sometimes encounter.

I cannot imagine why a mother would go out of her way to ridicule her own son at his funeral. Rest assured the reputation sullied by such comments was her own.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I can't believe how selfish people are to simply say it's my turn, who cares about the turmoil I leave behind.
    Charlotte, That might be your situation but in my life and family I would not get that reaction.

My wife knows I dress. My sister knows I dress. My family knows that I am the one that is "outside the box" and will try and do anything. Trust me, Nobody will be shocked or in turmoil.

I bet they all would have a huge laugh and say that (male name here) was a total nut but he lived a great life to the end.

Thank you, Natalie

I'm happy to hear your feeling better and hope you stay healthy.
    I do like going to sleep wearing full slips at times and now with our age creeping up on us my wife has commented more then once about if some medical problem should happen in the middle of the night. Her concern mostly is the time we loss undressing me could be life saving. I told her to leave me alone and don't go crazy trying to take off clothes I don't care how they find me as long as I could be saved. If I do pass I told her not to forget to put pantyhose and panties with the clothes I will be put to rest in.
    Hope you feel better soon

First of all, glad you survived. Secondly, get better. Lastly, remember that the clothes you die in are your ghost clothes for eternity. So make sure you love your outfits and your make-up is immaculate!

Kimmy, doesn't a person became a ghost only when they have unfinished business on earth?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

getting old sucks dyeing sucks worse. Hospitals and doctors don't care how your dressed. GO to the hospital if the need arises If your having a heart attack they will take your bra off and your falsies they don't care and I'll bet have seen it all. Off course if it was me I would be scrambling to get changed as I drove down the road. Not smart I know but thats our curse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    Wow, some horrific stories. It does make sense to leave a note in a stash, which would be easily found.

Glenda, I'm glad you're doing well. I have been to the ER and had to strip down to lace panties, it happens.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have often thought how I would not like to die dressed. Car wreck, etc. I would not want my wife to have to know about, or see that, given that she doesn't want to see me alive dressed. I don't want that to be her last image of me. All that said, I intend to do a full purge, of everything feminine that I own before I die. I hope I can get that done before I lose my faculties, or die suddenly. I don't want her, or my kids to have to see it all, and wonder and worry.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Not the happiest thread i have ever read. Good to hear you are well. DADT is hard some times..

Quote Originally Posted by Julie MA View Post
    I have often thought how I would not like to die dressed. Car wreck, etc. I would not want my wife to have to know about, or see that, given that she doesn't want to see me alive dressed. I don't want that to be her last image of me. All that said, I intend to do a full purge, of everything feminine that I own before I die. I hope I can get that done before I lose my faculties, or die suddenly. I don't want her, or my kids to have to see it all, and wonder and worry.
    If you want to purge before you die start now When your time comes it comes no stopping.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    Kimmy, doesn't a person became a ghost only when they have unfinished business on earth?
    I sure hope not. I have a list I want to haunt!

Kimmy then you have unfinished busness, so a ghost you might become.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.