Thread: Transition Update

Transition Update

Have not been here in a while, but received a brief message from a long time member asking after me, so I thought I would post.

While I was never a super active member, I am a longtime member, and this site stood out for being normal and accordingly brought a sense of normalcy to the deep internal conflict that was ever present in my own life at the time.

Some of you may remember that I am a public school teacher. I did transition "in place" at my school and felt comfortable to do so there with support from many friends and colleagues. Yes, there were losses along the way. They hurt to my core and even now still foster sadness. But living, and I stress living because I did choose to live, through that pain as me was far better than the alternative. Eventually the happiness as me surpassed the loneliness and isolation we have all felt.

So yeah, just an update and a check-in. There is life and happiness to be your authentic self. It is not perfect, but dealing with those imperfections is so much easier without the distractions and isolation of not living your authentic self to begin with.

with humble appreciation
    Christine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

Silver Member
    Good for you Chrissi, I remember you and am happy to hear you are well. As I recall you had a boyfriend or SO. Hope that's all good too.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Thanks for the update and smiles Chrissi. I recently noticed that my dysphoria had gone missing and challenges in life had one less factor to consider. I hope your path continues to be one that rewards your authenticity with smiles, respect and love.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Chrissi , welcome back, i remember you , you look so happy, glad you checked back in with an update, dont be a stranger you can be an inspiration to the new members

It is good to hear that you are doing well.

Aspiring Member
    Christine,

It is so good to hear from you. Congratulations on all your accomplishments and amazing transition. Your beautiful smile reflects lots of happiness in your life. Brava!

Best wishes!

Glad you are doing well! "There is life and happiness to be your authentic self." I love this! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Welcome back Christine.

I can understand that we start our real life and so many things distract us from here because "being your authentic self " is so entertaining that I'm most of the time busy but not forgetting great friends I did here really admire those that decide to be a teacher. It's the most dificult thing to try to get in other's mind and try to seed ideas, concepts and knowledge..

You look great!
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Your update is so encouraging for someone like me who is just getting started on this journey.

I admire you for transitioning in your current job and the administration for allowing you to do so.

Please continue to update us on your further progress.
    Jeri

Thanks all. I presently find myself documenting my days on another site, but I do recommend here for trans women who are starting to question and explore their identities, whatever that may look like for them. I found the collective knowledge here, especially with respect to HRT and body image issues to be invaluable. I just wish this site had a different name as I really don't identify as a crossdresser.

I have met a new guy and summer dates have blossomed into a romance that is strengthening into something very real for me. We all know how difficult it can be to meet people, at least those of us who were single. Couple that with the fact that I am very picky about who I am interested in, and then the pandemic...this led to many years of singleness. It was to the point that I was truly afraid that I would have difficulty being with someone again because I had grown comfortable being alone.

I won't post a picture of us, as I don't know if that will violate the rules here, but I will post a picture from last week headed out to the symphony...we, as well as the musicians, had a wonderful first evening back to adulting since the pandemic broke. (I am glad over the safeguards they took too with masks and proof of vaccination or negative test being mandatory).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chrissi; 09-25-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

Your sunny, beautiful disposition is perfect for holding the attention of your students!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/