Thread: Female Walk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    People keep saying to wear heels to walk like a woman. Women walk like a woman even barefoot. It's not the heels.

It's mostly a swaying of the hips. And other things like how you swing your arms and your posture.
    And even at a very young age.
    It's very hard to explain something you won't understand until you experience it. I discovered SOMETHING NEW! It's helping me get the fundamentals right. My strategy as previously explained is to understand what makes women walk that way and do it the same. Don't just try to fake it to look the same.

Explaining how to separate the hips and upper body is difficult. Then I came up with this. Imagine you pick up a gingerbread man and you're going to make it "walk" across the table. There are no joints so the whole body would rotate with each step. It would kind of waddle. Maybe like an old time gunfight when the do that slow walk.
    Now the change you make is to only do this from the waist down. Your hips rotate but your upper body remains still. This is a good start to practice separating hip movement from your upper body. The walk/hip motion is not quite right. Don't focus on that, just on walking from your hips and legs. Not using your upper body.
    Maybe all my previous work made this easier for me. It helps me switch up my walk . Still have to work on it but getting there. Hope someone finds this useful.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 10-22-2021 at 10:38 AM.