Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Female Walk

For me it's not about a female walk or mannerisms but about being elegant.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Having a bit more wider hips than the average male, walking feminine seems natural for me.

One thing to keep in mind..
    When waling, it is said that men lead with their knees.
    However, females lead with their hips.

BTW, the sexy female walk is something many females have to learn also
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-17-2021 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Many of these suggestions are great. There's a lot you can do to fake it. The results will be okay. What I've learned it's that it's better to let it happen naturally the way it does for women. Let me explain. Men keep their abdomen muscles tight and their bodies more rigid. This connection between the hips and the upper body changes the way we walk. What needs to happen is to loosen the muscles in your abdomen. When it happens right your whole walk changes. The best I can describe it is if you think about sucking in your gut to hide your belly well do the opposite and let it out almost like you wanted to show the biggest belly ever. But you can't be forcing it out you just have to be relaxing it out if that makes sense. we wear name tags at work. I've noticed on women around the office the name tags just sort of rest peacefully on their chests and pretty much stay put . I find when I walk like I normally do it keeps bouncing off my chest. when I'm able to loosen up it just sits there because the movement (of my walking?) doesn't transfer to my upper body. my upper body is kind of floating on top of my hips if you will. I wish it was easier to describe and also easier to actually do. I get brief moments of aha that's it but they typically don't last unless I really concentrate and even then they tend to be fleeting moments. I've tried to find articles about losing muscle memory. I know there's a lot about how to create muscle memory but nothing talks about losing it or changing it. We've walked a certain way for all our lives, how do we do it differently now? Not an easy one but I can definitely say when I get it right you immediately know. I wish there was a better way to describe it. I guess it's like describing color to a blind person you don't know it until you see it.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 09-11-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Genifer, actually your description is very good and rather interesting concept wise. Hopefully you reverse engineered the female walk and just wrote the missing manual for it!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    Genifer, actually your description is very good and rather interesting concept wise. Hopefully you reverse engineered the female walk and just wrote the missing manual for it!
    Thanks for your kind words and encouragement on my description. I guess it shows how much I thought about it and tried to figure it out. I remember watching my three-year-old nice walking for some of her first times and she already walk the way women do. It comes naturally to them. Partially due to wider hips which changes the angle the legs come down at and also due to posture which changes the angle of the hips to tilt forward the anterior tilt I think they call it. Both of those things combined make it automatic and I think relaxing the abdomen helps that pelvic tilt happen. I even got a treadmill to practice and also for necessary exercise but it certainly comes in handy to practice walking. I don't always get it right but my walk isn't terrible I actually think it's pretty okay just not up to the standards I'm hoping for. Something else I find that it's easy to overdo it and try to make your walk look like you're going down the runway at a fashion show. that's not how women walk all the time. Like over crossing your legs with each step. 1 foot tiles are pretty common on Floors. I don't try to walk a straight line like a tightrope I try to walk within that 1 foot square, not Crossing but I'm still keeping my legs close. Once you get the right walk happening it's easy to manipulate it and cause it to exaggerate a little bit. Once again hard to describe but when you experience it it's you can have fun with it while it lasts. Then your old walk creeps back in.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 09-12-2021 at 10:10 AM.

There are a few videos on youtube geared toward women on how to walk more ladylike. What I found was not overdo any of it (such as walking with one foot in front of the other). Now to practice!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

One thing that helps with the transition to feminine walking is to cheat with a shopping cart or other crutch, it makes it easier to get in the mindset that I know I need to make as feminine an appearance as possible. I was often "in a hurry", wanting the experience to be so intense, but now going with a comfortable outfit, low key setting (supermarket, mall, etc.) and trying to blend I have a much easier time of getting much closer to a femme walk and physical appearance/impact.

Once you find "it", repeating it will become easier each time. I think many of us figure that the right wig, outfit, makeup, jewelry or whatever will magically make us look the way we want but from so many posts and my own experience, being as comfortable as possible made a huge difference in the final effect.

I have also found that wearing heels and placing one foot slightly in front of the other seems to create and acceptable walk.

One time I was told men walk with their shoulders forward and women with their hips forward. There's more to it than that, but I always remember that short description when I'm out and about.

"Posture, ladies."

Reality Check
    People keep saying to wear heels to walk like a woman. Women walk like a woman even barefoot. It's not the heels.

It's mostly a swaying of the hips. And other things like how you swing your arms and your posture.
    Krisi

1. Wrists forward, elbows backward
    2. Imagine you're trying to hold a golf ball between your thighs
    3. Sway the hips and shoulders more than normal

I found that the more I wear my heels, the more feminine I walk. My posture seems to automatically change when dressed. I love that!

Platinum Member
    Hello I have been in some form or an outher dressing up as my Wendy slef for a wicked long time my first times as Halloween then more Putin my own.. all the trying to look walk and be as feminine and girly... all good but just walk be relaxed don?t over think it if your passing game is ok worst thing anyone might think is god she walks like a guy

So get out and just walk ..

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K. View Post
    I found that the more I wear my heels, the more feminine I walk. My posture seems to automatically change when dressed. I love that!
    I have a pair of shoes like that as well. If no one is home, I have them on - and feeling great!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Start with all of the above with 2 additions: 1) do it every day if you can even if only for a few minutes, and 2) the stronger your core muscles are the more control you will have over your walk, especially in hels.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Observing ladies at the mall etc..

Many, particularly the younger ones walk very much like a lot of males.... not particularly feminine.
    The one difference is if they are wearing a skirt or a dress and their walk is a bit more refined and feminine

However, the older female tend to walk rather feminine no matter what they are wearing

So is walking feminine more of less a learned experience for them and is not a natural walk?
    Ahh....... but you say a female walk is the result of their wider hips ..
    No so, I have known ladies with relatively narrow hips and and butt and they still walked like a lady..

Wendy - Agreed! I saw a video on how we should walk and it was too hard. I spent more time trying to emulate the walk than just walking. I found that once I was dressed, I was more relaxed and it just came naturally.

Kris - I am not sure if the higher my heels the more feminine my walk is but I do know that once I put my work boots on, forget it, I'm in guy mode again! LOL!

Silver Member
    When I was a teen I started to be teased about my walk. It went along with guys pinching my boobs which were bigger than some of the girls. When I showed my Aunt my wardrobe she said I walked like my mother and. She also said that I could pass.

Two things:

Remember ALWAYS to bring your knees almost touching each other when they are close while walking, of course. I don't mean to walk with your knees not moving. I hope it can be understood.

Second, the movement of balance of the hight part of the body for men is for the biggest mass of weight there up, in women the weight travels on the hips. So avoid that balance of the arms and shoulders.

The last is to tuck in a good way, not hiking on hide them but to do not feel the twins in between that are the responsible of make men open the legs. When I got the orchiectomy I could immediately feel the difference.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Avoid the ape walking (all too common) but also do not go overboard with hip swinging!

One of the best things you can do is make sure you get FULL extension of the leg when you walk in heels (you want the leg to be straight as it goes back, no bent knees) otherwise you look like you are climbing a hill. This will also naturally add a bit of roll to the hips.

Angela: That "Ape Walk" thing is what I seem to do, and hunched over as well. Not a good look and I need to get it down. Good news is I can walk and climb stairs in 4"
    " heels. SuziH

I find it looks most natural when you try to keep your legs slightly pressed inward. Obviously don't over exaggerate it, but more so than usually walking in guy mode.

All good suggestions about gait, leg position, etc. However, my observations indicate that men tend to walk with their heads jutted forward and a slouch position of the shoulders. If you can get that posture straight, the gait should be the next thing to think about.

Great point, char GG. You're so right about male walking tendencies. The irony, of course, is that men who walk with straighter posture (chest out, shoulders back, head high) exude the same confidence and attractiveness as do their female counterparts. That posture of confidence is an interchangeable element. Exactly as you state, the gait needs addressing after that.

A few Halloweens ago I went to an outdoor event in Michigan. My footwear was 4.5" heeled boots. Now these boots were Goth style, that means rectangular heels and round toes. I spent over 6 hours in those boors outside, and walked miles in them. I expected my feet to be killing me the next day due to the severity of the heel height and the fact that I don't dress that far very often. I woke up the next morning, and lay in bed thinking that I got away with no pain in my feet because of the previously mentioned boot style. Then I stood up..... My feet were still fine. But in my attempts to look as feminine as possible I had spent the entire night walking as ladylike as I could. Swung the hips and one foot in front of the other. My hips were very angry with me. I could not walk a straight line for hours. Walking so differently for so long, without much practice, tore my hips apart. I still hurt three days later. So, if you want to walk like a lady....practice before you fully commit to an evening. Your body will thank you for it.