Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Female Walk

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    People keep saying to wear heels to walk like a woman. Women walk like a woman even barefoot. It's not the heels.

It's mostly a swaying of the hips. And other things like how you swing your arms and your posture.
    And even at a very young age.
    It's very hard to explain something you won't understand until you experience it. I discovered SOMETHING NEW! It's helping me get the fundamentals right. My strategy as previously explained is to understand what makes women walk that way and do it the same. Don't just try to fake it to look the same.

Explaining how to separate the hips and upper body is difficult. Then I came up with this. Imagine you pick up a gingerbread man and you're going to make it "walk" across the table. There are no joints so the whole body would rotate with each step. It would kind of waddle. Maybe like an old time gunfight when the do that slow walk.
    Now the change you make is to only do this from the waist down. Your hips rotate but your upper body remains still. This is a good start to practice separating hip movement from your upper body. The walk/hip motion is not quite right. Don't focus on that, just on walking from your hips and legs. Not using your upper body.
    Maybe all my previous work made this easier for me. It helps me switch up my walk . Still have to work on it but getting there. Hope someone finds this useful.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 10-22-2021 at 10:38 AM.

I completely agree with Genifer.

I'd been living more than 2 years as a woman and always pay attention to just do short steps and trying to keep knees the closest when they are moving, so avoiding that balance knees out some do like in purpose, like saying "see what's hanging between my legs, is huge" lol. At this point I have yo say that I got orchiectome June last year so those things not longer bother me.

We go to camping all time and last time I use a camera to do some hyperlapses of our life there. I paid attention to myself and I look great, as a woman but sometimes I balance the upper body, opening my arms, like distancing my elbows from the body and pull shoulders to the front and down.

So I did those corrections, that, I confess, is hard to keep but you must concentrate. It's like voice training, you must do exercises and practice, the most, the brain will learn. For that's been the clue, I'm a woman in the world now but you, crossdressers, how can separate your real life from the weekly or monthly "hobby" of being a woman?

Kind of dangerous. I remember years ago when working in a furniture store as a sales person, sometimes they would call us from through the speakers. One day they call Vanessa and I reacted to that...that's no longer my name but be careful how you train your brain...I just say...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    When you consider the male to female gender spectrum, I crossed the mid point a long time ago. I jokingly say I'm not a working girl. By that I'm saying I don't dress as a woman at work. Fun way to put it. Otherwise everyone only knows this side of me. It's a most of the time thing.

Easy. I already walk like an old lady with terribly arthritic knees, cane and all.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The first thing I was told, or maybe read here, men walk like they are falling forward, thus they lead with their shoulders. Women walk with their legs and thus lead with their legs. I try to remember this and use in when Sarah Lynn gets to show herself. A slight bend in the knee when placing your feet down aids in "the look." In all the videos I see of women walking naturally they seem to put the leading foot down flat to the floor rather than heel then ball of foot. They are pulling themselves forward not pushing or falling forward.

Men the opposite. To confirm this, look at your man shoes and compare them to your wife's. If hers are worn at the heel then she is walking more like a man then a woman. I doubt many of you will see this on your wife's shoes. Yours will likely have a warn spot on the outside quarter of the back of the heel. This indicates a heel first with the toes pointed outward from the line of walk. Like we were taught in the military, feet at a 45 deg angle to the line of walk. It would be best if when we were youngsters we were taught to walk in a fem manour.

Another thing you can do is place (balance) a book on your head and then walk around the house. Don't forget to use stairs if you have them. The idea is to move in such a manour as to keep the book on top of your head all the while you are moving. You will find this helps in taking smaller steps and in moving just the legs, not the upper body, when walking.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Lots of great hints and tips and it sounds like practice makes perfect. What I have found is that the weight distribution of my silicone hip pads and silicone breast forms changes my centre of gravity and helps to naturally give me a more feminine walk without even thinking about it.

Oh, as Devi SM commented, I also find a tight but comfortable tuck makes it easier to take those smaller one foot in front of the other foot feminine steps without the "boys" getting in the way.
    Last edited by DanielleDubois; 10-26-2021 at 07:40 PM.

I'd love to see comments on this: When I'm dressed I feel my spiritual center shift downward from just below my rib cage to where a woman's womb would be. This is partly natural and partly conscious. I do feel my walk improve when it happens. If you've not experienced it, try to imagine it.

A couple (or maybe more) of things to add to my earlier posting. I've been thinking about how I did it way back when. Since we do this trip with small steps first there is the beginning for everyone. Instead of trying to master "the walk" all at once here are some first small steps. These are things we can do regardless of whither we are wearing shoes or not. If it helps you in any way, wear a pair of flats or very low heels, just something to get yourself in "the zone."

#1. Practice walking with your toes pointed forward not out to the side. This step is really hard for most of us older girls because of a lifetime of walking the other way. It won't be long and you will not have to think about it. Remember legs forward pulling yourself forward not falling forward.

#2. Once you have taught yourself to walk with your toes pointed forward place something between your legs in the delicate area where the thighs touch, then walk toes forward. I used a travel size bottle of shampoo for this step as I had lots of them from all my travels. This will teach you to keep your legs together, and taking smaller steps when walking. If you need to, put some kind of elastic something around your legs to keep the knees together. A really tight skirt might help. BTW, A long time ago, when I was much younger, my mother taught me this because I would walk like I saw the men in the westerns do. More of an amble and like I was bow legged from riding a horse. She didn't do this to make me walk like a girl but to make me walk like a confident man.

#3. Continue to walk in this fashion while balancing a book on your head. Small steps, legs together, toes forward, knees slightly bent, putting the legs forward, pulling the rest of the body in the direction of travel. Again, something my mother taught me.

Wow, we are almost there but still some things to work on.

#4. So the next step is placing one foot in front of the other while wearing heels. Seems like this should be an easy step but remember it's all about "the look", and walking in heels is not all that easy. Start low and work up. Even kitten heels or a 1" rise is a good place to start, just make sure to have a good solid and wide base to the heel when you first start. And it doesn't have to be directly in front but it should not be way off to the side. Step 2 will help with this because you can't walk with your feet off to the side and keep that item between your legs. Do not attempt to walk like you are a model on a runway. They exaggerate the one foot in front of the other by over stepping and placing one foot over and beyond the one already on the floor. They do this for the buyers of the fashions. It has caused more than one broken ankle.

As I think of other aids I'll update this thread, so keep an eye on it.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

I honestly think this is a mindset and how you connect to your inner woman. Women?s bodies are built differently than men?s so we have to compensate for the lack of. Sometimes that looks clunky at first but the more you practice the more you can adjust to your body to make it flow more naturally and gracefully.

interesting I wonder if my walk has ever given me away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Just another 'Gurl'
    I gave up trying. Just like when I talk. These days I am just a dude in a dress. Or a dude in drag and I love it.
    Just another man in a dress

Aspiring Member
    If you really want to know how women walk, go and watch them.
    Find a bench in a public place and sit and watch the world go by. Or sit in your car and watch them if you want to be more discreet.
    I rarely see women of any age walk with one foot in front of the other. It's the sort of thing that fashion models do on the catwalk.
    Having said that, a lot of women wear flat shoes nowadays, except when they're going out for a night on the town, and the catwalk walk seems to come about when they're wearing heels.

Women's hips have a more pronounced sway to them, and heels definitely seem to make that easier for me.