Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accidental "tells" while in male mode

Accidental "tells" while in male mode

I had to laugh at myself a bit yesterday.

I was at home, dressed outwardly in male mode (shorts and t-shirt) when it happened.
    As I went to sit down on the couch, I found myself automatically reaching behind my butt to smooth out my skirt as I sat.
    OOPS!
    Fortunately for me, my wife saw the humor in it too.

Now I wonder what else I do without realizing it.

How about you? Do you catch yourself doing something like that?

I've done that exact thing on more than one occasion. I also found that I have a tendency to carry my laptop resting on my hip rather than down by my side.

SaraLin, yes this is something that i have done as well.

When seated these days , I find I almost always cross my legs in that ladylike yet oh-so-alluring fashion you see the women TV commentators and guests use on TV, often with folded hands placed on one knee. It does not matter if I am dressed or not, I just do it. I often find I adopt "the walk" (we talked about this in a thread yesterday)whether I am dressed or not. I don't think anyone has noticed - yet.

Banned Read only
    I also sit with legs crossed with femme body language - never been one for "man spreading"

Can't say that I do a skirt smooth when I sit - I guess it's because I only wear a skirt for about 4 hours a year!

I do a lot of those little tells now. Back before I accepted the strong female-like and intentionally mimicked men I was much more male-like in those ways. I catch my wife looking at me and apparently examining the way I am sitting or the way I use my hands in a style that women do. Now, I can't stand to keep my hands fairly motionless the way men often do. And sticking my hands in my pockets for me is a strict no-no. So many men do that. I don't understand it. Maybe it is a way to avoid showing girlish emotionalism which, of course, many males are taught at a young age not to do. Fortunately, that seems to be changing a bit.

I'm far from dressing enough to get any sort of female memory muscle, but that is a funny story.

My problem is reverse. I was totally male for near 60 years. I am just starting to acquire the feminine ways. so often when dressed I slip back into male posture and actions. But I am learning, the hardest is, when seated, the male leg spread.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    In all my 15 years of going out dressed I've never done that, Sara! I guess always wearing tite skirts pays off!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The feminine actions, and poses have always come naturally to me since a very early age. It was the GUY mannerisms that took some time to learn. Like, not stand too close to another guy, not expressing affection for a 'buddy', or expressing soft emotions about things. EXAMPLE" In grade school, my class went to see the movie "Old Yeller". At the end, all the girls, and one boy were crying. I'll give you 3 guesses who the boy was, and the first 2 don't count.... LOL

Also in grade school, I had a 'crush' on another boy, but couldn't dare express it, being in a Catholic school, and was extremely jealous of the girls who were hot for "my guy"!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Since I wear skirts/dresses 98% of the time, I do catch myself doing the skirt sweeping motion even when sitting in shorts and pants.
    I notice after wearing a corset I sit more upright afterwards even with the corset off but really doubt this is a tell to anyone besides myself.

Oh I?ve always had feminine traits from a child; the way I walk, stand on one leg and ?pop? my hip out with one leg in front, reactions to chick flick films?.

I have the thing where if spend time with someone I start to copy their expressions, accent and general demeanour. So I guess it?s only logical that half the time I?m channeling some sort of femininity!

I?ve crossed my legs for years and have a very feminine walk. I had to hide those for a long time. Now, more confident in my femininity, I've returned to my natural mannerisms.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 09-10-2021 at 05:19 AM.

I've never done it myself, not by accident, but brushing the skirt under the butt on sitting down seems to be a common habit!

I wonder, do women have the same habit even if they wear pants most of the time?

As a male, I tend to cross my legs when seated rather than "spreading" them, but I don't know if it's in a "feminine" way or not. There may be a difference.

Also as a male, sticking hands in pockets seems just a comfortable way to park hands when they're not doing anything useful. It could be that women keep their hands out because they have an instinct to express themseves more by gesturing. However, I suspect the real reason is more pragmatic: that women, unlike men, don't usually have pockets, so they're not used to having anywhere to park idle hands!
    Last edited by Di; 09-09-2021 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Just edit if you want to add more instead of constant posting

I remember being taunted at school for crossing my legs 'like a girl' while I ate lunch. It was never a conscious imitation; simply something I did. In fact, I'm doing it now.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

I?ve definitely caught myself walking with a feminine gait whilst at the office

Fem walk lol and singing in girly voice

I often sit with my legs crossed, and my hands also crossed on my knees, or with my knees together and my ankles apart. Standing my legs and feer are together, or with my legs slightly crossed.

Legs crossed, yes. I'm not a "man-spreader."

I also find myself sometimes putting one hand up to my chest - about where the opening of a blouse would be. I especially find myself doing this when on the computer and thinking about something - like what I'm going to type into a post. You know, like now.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    A typical 'tell' is while standing feet are apart almost like a military at ease pose. Women tend to keep their feet together and often one foot slightly in front of the other while standing. Another 'tell' is the hands and arms, it's like what do I do with these appendages. Guys stand with their arms straight down at their sides, or crossed, while most women hold their hands in front of them, or while seating have their arms close to their lap with one hand over the other. Appendages are the greatest give aways.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I think I pay more attention to my nails than I should and play with my hair too much, but other than that my tell would be how I stand when waiting for something. Hand on hip, hip thrust out, things like that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A few years ago, there was a guy that made a remark about me sitting with my knees together.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    When you stand up reaching to fix the lower back of your top which often rides up and needs to be straightened/ pulled back down.

Platinum Member
    I have developed the habit of sitting with my left leg crossed over my right knee. It's not to mimic a woman's alleged sitting stance. A physical therapist suggest I do it to relieve pressure on the left side of my spine. With the leg crossed over in that manner it opens the spine and relieves pressure on a nerve. It works.

For me, sometimes when I?m walking I slip into a more feminine walk and stance! If it?s late enough I will just keep walking as Olivia! But if I hear anything I just switch back as quick as I can!