Thread: Lifetime

Lifetime

I have very mixed feelings about my life of dressing. The first I remember is my Mon forcing me to wear a pair of my sisters pink panties. Her reason I really don't know. My age at the time was barely five. I spent the day staying out of sight behind the barn.Late that afternoon I needed to relieve myself and when I undid my trousers I saw the pink color. But somehow my thoughts changed to "OH HOW NICE! I realized I liked them very much. But I couldn't let anyone know. Later that year my father came back and moved us to the city. He hadn't changed,still a womanizer,but with a full family not so likely to be drafted. The year "1942"! The World at war! As I explored my new surroundings I found a box in the shed that contained a large amount of ladies clothing. I took a pair of the panties and put them in my undie drawer for later. That evening I put them on under my shortie pj's. My sister noticed and quickly pointed it out to my parents! I immediately found out that when my mom forced it, it was ok, but done on my own worse sin! I wouldn't tell where I got the panties, but someone knew as the box of clothing was gone the next time I looked!Of course at my young age I didn't ponder who. I will write more of my life if anyone is interested in my 80 plus years.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Vivian,

Interesting story, and yes I for one am interested in learning more of your story. I can't blame my desire on anyone as I am an only child and was never (that I now of) dressed by any one else.

Thanks for sharing with us
    Hugs
    Jolene

Thanks Vivian for sharing.

I'm 63 i have dressed since 6 years old my mom would give me my sisters panties to wear when i ran out of under ware.my step dad found out and when my mom went to have a baby in hospital he was left in charge. one day as punishment he had me dress in my kid sisters clothes .i had to wear her white socks her black Patten leather shoes then he forced me to put on her panties and her half slip and i had to wear her pink party dress .after i was dressed he had me sit on our front porch all day i couldn't leave the porch. all the kids in our neighborhood came by and made fun of me. but after that day i wanted to be a girl they had it easier than the boys we always got beat with switches or fist.i still dress to this day my wife of 43 years cant stand this part of me.if only i was younger i would leave nd live out the rest of my life wearing my clothes. its lonely with this in our lives its not enough to build a life on you know we need our significant others in our lives just once i wish i had a loving caring women to accept me all of me.i have quite a lot of stories just ask ill share thanks for being there love you all

This pattern is very common with parents and mature family members doing this, primarily to boys it seems. Perhaps they think if they do it then it is fine and won't have any impact, but if the child does it on his/her own then the space-time continuum is fractured. But it often does have an impact and sometimes a powerful one.

Young children that are 4 or 5 years old have just discovered their gender identity at about 3 years old and they are fascinated by it and often very defensive and possessive of their identity, whatever it is. Doing something to a child that is contrary to their understanding of how this gender thing works can be, but not always, very disruptive. If gender variance is a predisposition, as some think, that simple act can activate the predisposition and make the child feel like it is perfectly fine to feel like you are of the opposite gender and need to be that way. The child is not really stable enough to deal with the forced opposite as they see it.

However, transgender children often show signs of that very early when their gender identity is forming at 2 to 2 1/2 years old. Before that they have no gender identity and it makes no difference how you dress them - they are just clothes. If the child expresses gender reversal then it does not matter what sex the child is, it is important to acknowledge and support the child's thinking or they will feel like they are defective. Many will grow out of that later but if they are still identifying that way in puberty or even a bit before get them to a doctor who can plan a treatment plan that the child is comfortable with so they can continue their journey to wherever. In this case the child's needs are all that count and support of how ever they identify is critical.

Of course, back before the 70's this was not known or recognized. Those of us who dealt with these issues back then were severely punished for their transgression. One author said that if you have a child who wants to wear the clothes of the opposite sex, whether boy or girl, and you want to really screw up their life just tell them "absolutely not."

Vivian, I am so sorry you had to go through that, but if it provides any solace a lot of us here that are 60 to 70 or older had to go through the same crap. I sure did and it was no picnic. I don't hold it against my parents because they didn't know, but denying my request to be a girl was not a bright idea. It impacted the rest of my life, but in the end it all worked out. I am not a girl, but I am the next closest thing and am happy with it.

So cool, thanks for sharing, I can relate!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I’ve noticed that stories of being “forced” to wear women’s clothing or underwear as a child by a family member seem to be not uncommon around here, with the majority of them being from older members. There’s almost never a reason or motivation ascribed. I find this odd, because that would put this square in a terrible time to be gay or gender-variant, and I have to wonder how many of these stories are the mind creating memories out of wishful thinking. Anyone who knows a bit about psychology knows how extremely fallible our memories can be.

Silver Member
    I think many here have similar experiences. My mother put me in my sister's panties at 5 because I didn't have clean underwear. The linemen that were putting up a new line and said the panties were pretty. When I went back home I was looking at a comic book that showed Geronimo was wearing what looked like the panties I had on. When my father came home he asked how I liked the panties and I said I wanted to wear them all the time. He said, you cant wear them they are for girls. Growing up I had chances to try on my sister's panties. I could wear my sisters dresses while my sisters and I were at home alone while our mother worked.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 09-14-2021 at 06:44 PM.

I started by wearing a pair of my mother's blue tights (what leggings were called in the 60's). For some reason I was always attracted to them. When I started dressing regularly years later I realized my attraction just scratched the surface and were indicative of deeper feelings. I dress regularly now but leggings are still my favorite.

Reality Check
    I remember my mother sewing dresses for her nieces (she had three sons, no daughters of her own) and making me wear them so she could mark the hems. I didn't like it at the time but she fussed over me when I was doing it.

Later, as she was nearing the end of her life she wrote about her life and distributed this to all the family members. This is when I learned that when I was a newborn, she would dress me (when my father wasn't around) in the "girl clothes" she had been given at her baby shower (this was back when the sex of a baby couldn't be determined until it was born).

So my mother actually "outed" me to the family.
    Krisi

Vivian, Interesting story. Aren't we all a mix of our genetics, orientations, and experiences. When any of these are out of balance with the others, we feel "different" (sometimes good, sometimes bad).

My mother put me in a dress when I was about 1 year old. I saw a picture of that when I was still very young, and have resented it since. Even now it seems like abuse, to dress up a child, outside of the early 1960's gender and cultural norms, for her own amusement. I also naively assumed it led me to my early feminine orientation, and later bisexuality. But now I see that one experience (the dress) did not lead to the others (my genetics, and orientation). It was coincidental.

Hope you are at peace with your life of dressing. I am becoming more and more so, now at 58 years old.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Forced feminization and a pantie fetish? Welcome! I'll think you'll fit in here just fine, Vivian!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!