Thread: Its hard being a woman.

Its hard being a woman.

I was packing for my Metropolis trip thats when I noticed something funny. In guy mode my packing consisted of my small toiletry bag with the essentials, a change of clothes or 2 and sleep bottoms. It would all fit in a duffel bag I was good for a weekend like that then I had to pack for Brandie. I did not realize how much stuff I needed toiletry's Nair, lotion, razor, makeup, wig, 3 pairs of boots and a pair of flats, 4 outfits and their accessories just to name a few. When I got done laying out everything I needed I had to use my luggage that I hardly ever use. When I was there I took a hot shower and Naired everything then shaved what I missed including my face when dried I had to lotion up and wait til that dried. In the morning I had to wake up an hour early to shave and do my makeup and get my outfit together. On my way out I grabbed my small wallet and then realized where do I put my car keys??? Oh and driving in heels well thats a learning curve in of itself. After my weekend and walking a mile in a woman's heels I appreciate what they go through everyday. Would I do this again......Hello yea I love being a woman if for only a few days.
    Huggs
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

How right you are! Not to mention time consuming and expensive. And it's worth every minute and every penny.
    Now that I'm following this path myself, I will never be annoyed at my wife for taking such a long time to get ready again.

It was posted in a thread some time ago that you'll never hear a CD'er say, "Aren't you ready yet?"

I love doing it.

But there is a lot of work being a woman.

Yes, dressing allows a unique perspective of what women have to do that we ad men don't think about. I have grown my hair out and I have a new appreciation/understanding for ladies with long hair.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    How right you are. I pack way more for Jolene than I ever did for me. But well worth the time IMO. I pack more makeup than my wife does but I need it a lot more than her so there's that.

OMG !, I only go away for one night, I have a large luggage case and a ruck sack, even though Im only going to dress casual for shopping, then one outfit for going out at night, It unbelievable !!, and shoes !!, lets not go there !! 6 pairs for a day away

Yep, you are not kidding. That is why I will always only be an occasional crossdresser. When flying somewhere, I find that fitting all my things into one 39 lb suitcase difficult, so I know what you mean.

Sandi

Reality Check
    It's mostly hard to be a woman if you aren't one.

My wife can roll out of bed and she is a woman. She looks and feels like one. She throws on a blouse and skirt or shorts, brushes her teeth, brushes her hair and out the door she goes to the gym.

I, on the other hand, have to shave, apply beard cover and lipstick, put on my boobs, put on my hip and butt padding, put on my wig and brush it out and put on my earrings and other jewelry.

But yes, if you are travelling, you have to take a lot of extra stuff with you if you plan on "being a woman" when you get there.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    Krisi is right. As a CD/TG/whatever, there is a lot more you have to do. Wigs, nair, 20 extra makeup items? Yeah it's a lot. Purse vs wallet? If you're not used to it, mistakes and double checking happen.

IRL, women do have a few extra things to manage but the amount of things depends on how high maintenance they are.
    In the mean time they have developed a routine and become more efficient. If you were full time, you would do the same.

Does this slow me down? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 09-15-2021 at 09:28 AM.

We did a girls only vacation about 10 years ago and OMG the trunk of the car was stuffed...LOL.
    My makeup bag, a suitcase with outfits for 8 days, a bag with shoes and a garment bag with dress clothes for dinner at the hotel restaurant.
    But it was sooo much fun.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I would love to do that and never complain.

I know what you mean. Hard not to bring your whole entire wardrobe and all.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Platinum Member
    Not to rain on everybody's parade, but, not all women pack like they are going on a round the world year long trip. When my wife and I go away for a two night stay she has as little or as much as me with the exception of her packing an additional bra or two. When I traveled for business, especially for a trip with five nights/six days, I packed for two people; myself and the "inner woman." I was surprised the front did not ask about the unregistered woman staying with me!

My partner laughs at me. She can pack for a weekend all in a small rucksack, I on the other hand have everything including the kitchen sink.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U didn't mention how long your trip was for, Brandie? I'm preparing for another marathon T girl "convention" in Vegas next month. 7 days and nites of events that require completely different outfits and costumes for each one!

I usually pack 3 large suitcases and a military duffle bag full of shoes and boots! Of course I drive there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

docrobbysherry
    You are right I did not. I left East TN and went to lower IL When I got to my hotel room on Friday evening thats when I changed into Brandie. I spent Friday evening all day Saturday, Sunday I drove home enfem. So I would say 3 days.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Did u wear everything u brought, Brandie?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Even when I travel to a nearby city for the day or afternoon I tend to pack too much. Next time I have decided 2 outfits only.

i was dressed sitting in a gay bar talking to another dresser about the amount of time we spend getting ready to go anywhere and the lady bartender who I understand has a gorgeous female SO leans over the bar and said "it's a lot of work being a chick" my first thought was "you got that right". Like everyone else I also pack two full size suit cases of girl stuff for a two day three night weekend vs one pair jeans, two tee shirts, daily underwear no extra shoes and shaving kit for the same guy weekend.
    AND like everyone else love it and wouldn't change a thing.
    I concede if I lived 24/7 I would take less clothes and get ready faster because I would be doing it every day.
    If my living situation changed and afforded me the opportunity to live 24/7 I would do it in a heartbeat regardless of the work, time and expense involved. It would take that for me to learn if my preceived desires are what I want my reality to be.

I get to really experience the daily grind. I am taking that 8 night southern Caribbean cruse 30 Oct. plus driving down and bake. I will be stopping over down and back at my (older) sister's place. She has never seen me dressed. She didn't even know I dressed until two months ago. She is a 78 year old school teacher.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Did u wear everything u brought, Brandie?
    The only thing I did not wear was the extra set of boots. I wore my goth outfit that is in another thread to go out and get some food, Leggings flats and a long superman shirt to relax around the hotel, Shorts, ankle boots, sheer black tights, and a Wonder Woman t-shirt for the drive home and exploring the town. Also wore my supergirl suit to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandie.n View Post
    After my weekend and walking a mile in a woman's heels I appreciate what they go through everyday.
    Hi Brandie, I'm sure you are aware that what women go through every day reaches far beyond the very narrow bits that we select (and sometimes fantasize) as crossdressers just saying since wives reading this (like mine) will as they do