Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress like a woman your age?

Not in the slightest! But if you were to meet me, you’d swear I could be no older than my early 40’s, and on a good day, I can pass for being in my 20’s. (I seriously got carded for buying booze with a meal, just last month!) So my clothing choices are suitable for a much younger woman - someone in her 20’s to early 40’s.
    Last edited by Ceera; 09-20-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Very much so. I'm 40 and I dress like I'm in my 30s-40s.

Since I'm still an only-at-home CD, a good percentage of time is spent over-the-top in terms of skin shown, tightness, et. al.; so I'd say I'm definitely dressing outside my age bracket. I'm refining, though.

No, but I've seen some pull it off great and look classy!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I dress more to my body type than to my age I guess. I love legging and skirts as well as long sweaters and tunics. Always try to cover my arms as I have a great farmer's tan and I think my arms are a dead give away and don't make it possible to blend and fly under the radar. With my wig and makeup I think I look younger than I am as a male with my shaved head. So to answer your question no, I guess I dress about 10-15 years younger. Having said that, my wife is only 2 years younger than I am and she can dress like a girl in her 20's because she is smokin hot !!!

I do NOT dress my age. I don't own a wheel chair, nor do I wish to dress my age, what ever age it is.

I like to wear colors and clothes some of my younger grand daughters might wear.

Guess that is the artist blood in me.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It is complicated. My wife qants Tina to show off her legs, so when she buys Tina a skirt that barely covers her butt, that's what she wears. It's a deportment challenge, but a fun one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceera View Post
    Not in the slightest! But if you were to meet me, you’d swear I could be no older than my early 40’s, and on a good day, I can pass for being in my 20’s. (I seriously got carded for buying booze with a meal, just last month!) So my clothing choices are suitable for a much younger woman - someone in her 20’s to early 40’s.
    Around here, EVERYONE gets carded, no matter what age you look like. Look at my picture and you will know I am no spring chicken. I even make the local Cougars look young. but I still get carded. I once asked why and they replied, "its the law and the law is strongly enforced,"
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I'm 48 and dress like 30s

I like to dress like the 30s too, 1930s that is! grin
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

More or less yes. All of my out and about clothes are age appropiate for a senior.

I dress all ages. I have 3-4 nice, "normal" dresses, something a middle aged woman might wear out to church or a upscale but no formal function. I do have one formal gown, of course with the slit up the leg to show off my stockings and garters. But then I have a few poly, faux leather skirts plus some bodycon dresses, that I would expect college age women to wear out to a party or dance club.

Since I intend to blend, I dress similarly to other women my age. Even at 67, that doesn't mean that I dress like granny (even though I have grandchildren), and neither do the other women my age.

I'm wondering how everyone determines the "age" they dress? What is the difference between 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's.... in your opinions?

My grandmother used to wear shapeless "house dresses" but I don't think those are even made any longer.

Actually , Char, if you look on the internet, because of Covid, the voluminous, modest house dress is sort of a thing right now, even among younger women.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    I'm wondering how everyone determines the "age" they dress? What is the difference between 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's.... in your opinions?

My grandmother used to wear shapeless "house dresses" but I don't think those are even made any longer.
    Probably that most older women don't wear tight, short dresses, and most younger women don't where knee length, up to the neck dresses. As women get older the tend to dress more conservatively. Sure there are exceptions, but not many 60 year old women can wear a tight bodycon dress and look good in it. Gravity tends to take over. On the other hand some 20 year olds can't do it either.

My wife had some very hot bodycon dresses she would wear when we were dating and the first few years of our marriage. She still has a collection of sexy dresses, but they are for my eyes only and will not wear them out of the home, even though most of them look really good on her. Her nice dresses now are a bit looser and a bit longer than she would wear a few years back. She is 5'2" and 100 pounds and will not wear a bikini swimsuit either, but she did a few years back.

@Char Now, now, are you subtly questioning the pertinence of crossdressers' tastes in all things female attire?
    Seriously, I look at me in a mirror or photo and try to imagine if women my age could be seen in the street, at work, or at an event wearing a similar outfit. Some outfits say "fifty ok, as a mundane attire", others "thirty or fourty, work place". So far none say "whatever age, couch, watching tv with a Ben & Jerry's ice cream pot", too bad since I'm sure this would be my wife's pick for me.

Banned Read only
    Darling, you were carded because some people card anyone who looks under 70. It's one less thing for the employee to have to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceera View Post
    I can pass for being in my 20?s. (I seriously got carded for buying booze with a meal, just last month!) So my clothing choices are suitable for a much younger woman - someone in her 20?s to early 40?s.

I mostly wear clothes given to me by my daughters (they have good modern style choices), sometimes I borrow wifes clothes.
    I never wear clothes older than what my wife wears.

If I'm pretending my body is female, I might as well pretend it's a young females body.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I do, but then I'm a little eccentric "for a woman my age".
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I use to dress below my age. It was sexy dresses and a horrible attempt at doing makeup. Now I'm 50 and I've started building a wardrobe that matches my age. Still working on the makeup, but it is more of a natural look than the "over the top drag queen" look I use to do.

No. I have no desire to be a fat, homely old lady.
    Part of my mind still harbors the idea that I am awaiting for the 'great fix', that I will eventually be transformed into the cute 14 y/o girl that I thought I would become all through childhood. So that's how I dress; I shop in the junior's section. Looks weird, but feels quite normal.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Tam, Yes, I tend to dress my age.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

No I don't dress my gender. I'm 74 why would I want to look like a old lady.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I'm 64 and a at home dresser and I don't dress my age. I don't care for old lady clothes.