Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you dress like a woman your age?

Do you dress like a woman your age?

I'm in my fifties, but I like to dress as if I were in my forties. I also have some clothes I bought many years ago, so I can dress like a young lady just for fun.

How many years are between your real age and the one you look (and feel) like?

I enjoy playing with my look. I have some mature outfits and some with a younger vibe. I guess the only look I don't indulge is casual, college aged girl. Boring.
    I feel very young inside. I love a lot of new music. If I feel it I feel it. I like a lot of new things. And there are some new things that I find boring or just an uninteresting rehash.
    It's important not to be bitter. I see people complain about new stuff and say it sucks when in reality is they who suck.
    Some people get mad because the world changes. I find it interesting.

I'm in my 50s but usually wear clothes for juniors because they fit so well.

I didn't wear shorts until my late forties so my legs look amazingly young.
    I use spf 50 sun screen frequently to avoid sun damage.

I was underweight in my 20s. I exercise enough to still have the same waistline I had in my 20s!

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 09-17-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I really don't know, Tam? I'm 78 but am not sure what age I dress. What do u, (or anyone), think?

Then, I'll know how to answer in the future!

Here I am just back from a club a few weeks ago.
    P1560896 (640x639).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I play with my look all the time (That's what I do is take pictures) I don't go out-
    Last edited by char GG; 09-16-2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Duplicate picture as in photo gallery

I too have various age styles and enjoy a weekend of multiple outfits.

Is there a difference between 40s and 50s?

I'm in my 50s and I dress like I'm in my late 20s. It's what I like and if I have to dress like an old woman (my age), I'd just as soon not dress.

I do not know. I am a beginner in this girl stuff. Clothes confuse me.

But I just bought a knee length jean skirt that is a good look for me. Casual is a look I am going for sometimes.

Natalie

I'm 52, but I look a lot younger so I dress in the range of my late 20's and early 30's.
    I love to wear off shoulder type dresses, rompers, and tops which I get from stores such as Forever 21, Papaya, and Dillards (Juniors).
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I dress WAY younger than I should, but then I am mostly into the clubbing scene. I have yet to have anyone say I should dress my age. One women said ? it?s not fair? when I tell her my real age so I say wear what you like if it does not cause you any problems.

Sandi

I dress 50 years younger that the average women in a assisted living facilities.
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-17-2021 at 05:27 AM.

I suppose I dress about 25 years younger than I am. But then, I dress probably about 20 years younger than I am the rest of the time. I've never really figured out what I should dress like. I have thought about getting a long silvery grey wig, just to see (but I'm not actually anywhere close to that grey on my head).

I am 62 and will dress to blend when out to the mall and other shopping. So probably late 40s to 50s look. at home it's fun to indulge in younger clothes.

I don't want to dress My age, So I dress young. It's a better look.
    SuziH

I think so. I dress like my wife and sister and they are just a little younger than me. And at the upper 60's I think it is a good blending and neat look/style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Aspiring Member
    At home anywhere from 20's to 50's. When i go out I shoot for 40's . Just slightly younger than I really am.
    Sara

No, I may be in the minority but I am 40 but find myself dressing as a mature grandmother type.
    Amanda

How many years are between your real age and the one you look (and feel) like?
    Younger than 10 years dressed...i.e. 45ish
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I dress the age I am in my mind, which is 40 at oldest. When I venture outside, I'll need to be more age appropriate so as to blend in better.

Platinum Member
    Age 74, hoping I dress like I am in my 40's-50's. Actually, I think a knee length dress probably covers 30's to 60's. Heck, Vanna White is 64.

Im a sissy **** that s attracted to other femme sissies. I enjoy wearing a short tight fitting skirt when I'm playing at home. I've never had the opportunity to go to a club or out in public, but I would maybe tone it down a notch. Dressing young and sexy is fun. Turns me on too.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-17-2021 at 01:46 PM. Reason: You already posted the same pictures/no need to post a picture when answering a thread

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Good question. I do dress more appropriate for my age sometimes but most of the time I dress about 30 years younger than I am (66). I didn't start dressing fully till I was in my mid 50's so have had to try things out to see what I think looks best on me and is comfortable. As my wife told me, she had here whole life growing up to wear everything so I should experience it all if I want to.

I'm 67 but people tell me I look younger, and I keep myself in good shape so I tend to dress a few decades younger than my chronological age.

Reality Check
    Not all women of the same age dress the same. So do I dress my age? As a "senior", I know better than to dress as a teenaged girl. I know better than to try and look like a "hot" twenty something woman.

That doesn't mean I dress like a woman in an assisted living facility either. My dresses and skirts are a bit longer than what a younger woman might wear and my shoes are mostly flats.
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    In short, yes, whenever possible.

My style, such as it is, is to dress casually but hopefully in a neat, presentable manner.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt