Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress like a woman your age?

Platinum Member
    Hi TamT , I am almost 79 and I don't dress my Age, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I don't need a LifeAlert yet, but of that age. I never have dressed to my age and do not plan on it as long as I'm able to dress with fashions that I like.
    Life is good, go out and enjoy and remember age is only a number.
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

Banned Read only
    I'm in my 40s and I dress depending on the circumstances and mood I'm in. If I am just going about my business during the day and want to blend in, I absolutely dress like any average 40-something woman. Mostly skinny jeans or leggings with a nice top.

If I want to look or feel sexy or attract more attention, then I wear things that most women my age do not wear. This usually means tighter, more revealing clothes purchased at stores whose target customers are half my age.

I'm pretty much conservative and dress my age, not flamboyant at all and I sometimes find myself dawning the appearance of June Cleaver. What would the Beaver say to that?

I try to dress the way fashionable women my age dress, which is somewhat younger than our age. But not too much younger.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I am in my fifties and dress more like a woman in her thirties or forties (but from the seventies or eighties ). I don't go out hence can do as I please.

I often explain myself as having a 23 year old brain locked inside a 55 year old body. Sometimes that brain wants to do active things and my body is like, 'you're gonna regret this later' and sure enough, I do. For a long time I put that down to the cause of my Peter Pan Syndrome - I'm just a little boy who refuses to grow up. But then a few years ago I realised that the 23 year old inside of me is actually Sandra. My dress sense is somewhere in the 20s. I like skirts that are above the knee, yet still modest; and I like heels that most women my actually age would pass on (although, again, my body wants to challenge the wisdom of this).
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    I don't need a LifeAlert yet, but of that age. I never have dressed to my age and do not plan on it as long as I'm able to dress with fashions that I like.
    Life is good, go out and enjoy and remember age is only a number.
    This. At 74, I wear my strappy short sundresses with with sandals or flip flops. I don't really wear heels anymore and my only make up for the few years is lipstick!

Allie

PS: I do not act my age either, and have always preferred to associate with younger people.

Definitely not. I'm in my... yikes, 40s, and dress like a recent college grad coed haha

Denise
    Right on

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Attachment 323364 It depends I guess I do.

To all you girls out there! Act your shoe size and not your age! Life is too short. Just be who you feel like who you are. I?m 49 going on 25 years lol

In my 60's and dressing like 30's..I like to be sexy in my head and not trashy..

I always said age is in the mind.
    Perhaps though its a bit different when dressing..
    That said i dress about 10 years younger i guess?
    Who knows.

I dress for what is comfortable and appropriate for where I am going. For me its not as much as "the age" as it is the look and the fit. In my view the younger styles don't fit my body. My 70yr old male gut is much to big to look good in a figure hugging sheath dress of the younger set.
    So, if it looks good, wear it. If it doesn't, then don't.
    Molly

I didn't know there was a difference between fifties and forties as far as women's fashions go. All I know is that I don't go for the frumpy look. Put me down for 30 years younger than I am.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I go through phases, currently I'm rocking the "trailer trash" look (short shorts, fishnets, etc), which is probably at least 30 years off from my age. But it's fun and my wife and I are the only ones who see me, so who cares?

I try to look like a woman my age would look, but a really hot one LOL

Why on earth would I want to dress my age??
    Well, I'm close to 70 and I refuse to dress like it. I would say my look and style are about that of a woman of her late 40's or early 50's, Maybe?? I don't feel I look my age and I'm not going to wear clothes that make me feel my age.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I quit thinking about my age a long time ago.
    Can you wear a gray wig with a pink snap crotch pink onesie?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'm 68 and i dress about half my age. No reason to look like a grandma.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Hi Tam. I'm 37, almost 38..... I dress conservatively, maybe a little younger than my age sometimes, but I sure don't wear skin-tight or skimpy outfits, with my butt hanging half out and acting like I'm the hottest thing that ever walked the face of the Earth! LOL (Not saying you or anyone else here does), but I certainly don't dress like I'm in my 20s. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Silver Member
    I have always dressed like a conservative middle aged woman, even when I was in my late teens. Never really cared for what the young women were/are into. I miss the ladylike fashions of the 80s...

Silver Member
    At my age that is not a problem. Most of the women around me don't wear dresses. We all wear jeans, tops and golf shorts.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    No intentions of going after the "Beverly Hillbillies" Granny look.

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    Dress my age!? Ugh! As if! I'm 39 and dress like I am in my early 20s, maybe late teens with some of the skirts I have.