Thread: Liifetime ending?

Red face Liifetime ending?

There are many years between then and now. Years where I grew into what I am now.! Many good,some quite bad. But I was able to survive it all. The woman in me I suppose. Married,father of two devoted offspring, decorated military man,highly respected business man. And from what I know now, I can admit I owe my long gone mom a "thank you". I have enjoyed my life of crossdressing, in spite of its up and downs! I am in my eighties now and live alone with my thoughts and memories that I consider for the most part "GOOD"!

You have a few years on me. At our age when you can see more road traveled than what's probably ahead.
    If you can look back and take comfort in your journey so far. Well Done!
    Keep up the good work.

Vivian, Being in your eighties and for the most part your thoughts and memories are mostly good is a win win. You have accomplished a lot so relax and enjoy it, you deserve it.
    Crissy

I can relate!

I love dressing and I'm deep in the closet, I'm 63 and was hoping I would loose the desire to dress before I get big-time caught.

I'm finding that difficult. I've been looking for a new dress for a couple weeks now! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Vivian: Enjoy your time here. And I hope you stay in good health. God bless you.
    SuziH

Good for you! I’m in my late 80’s and can relate to everything you wrote. Even now I can look in the mirror and see a vibrant, loving and caring person looking back at me. Even though I’m still in the closet I am happy and enjoy every moment as Jayme. Bless us both!

Sounds like a life well lived and may you keep living it. I'm 74 and the years keep creeping, well maybe sailing by, and for sure there are regrets but all in all it been pretty good some good decisions and some bad ones but I have been lucky so far with more good than bad.
    although I had the chance to go out the past few days, I did enjoy it but the pics I took had me looking like an older lady not the your one I thought I looked like
    BUt my motto is KEEP HAVING FUN!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Jayme,

You are 23 days older than I and I'm 76...I don't need to be pushing 80 yet!

Davina

Another 76'er here. I can remember back many years ago when I looked back on my life as an epic disaster. But since then that view has changed to the "mostly good" perception you speak of. Thanks for your post as it tells me perhaps that feeling may increase over time. What has grown will continue to grow.

But, as a scientist who is curious about everything and, by nature, questions things a lot to get to the roots I wonder if this tendency is a result of selective perception that results from aging. Personally, whether it is or not I really don't care. That perception still allows us to gather together the memories of our lives and pick out the positive aspects and accept the mistakes as learning experiences. Thus we develop, as we near the end of our lives, a different perspective and see the goodness that we did in spite of screwing up a lot of things along the way. That's life. It is a beautiful thing.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Going on 66. Thank you for your service and your inspiration.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    I'm 74. Looking back I accomplished all that society says a guy is suppose to do, and, more. That's the rub. I look at all those accomplishments and I still have to deal with the non acceptance of Stephanie by society. As Rodney Dangerfield said; "I get no respect." Maybe, next time around.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I hope to one day reach your ripe old age, Vivian. Then, I too can look back on Sherry's life.

But, I'm only 78 now. And, have 100's of ideas and plans for Sherry to look forward to first!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You are lucky you have your memories! I worry that I will get Alzheimers and end up in a elder care facility either pinching bras from fellow female inmates or sitting parked in the hallway in a wheelchair, drooling, wearing a pretty pink dress.

Hey Karen. It's amost hockey season.
    Joni

Any regrets hun?
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.