Thread: The pink fog has lifted

The pink fog has lifted

So today I guess I "crashed" for lack of a better term. After spending the last few weeks going crazy with the desire to dress, spending hours on Amazon looking for wigs, heels, dresses etc etc, spending a lot of time in the shower shaving my body smooth, sitting up at night racking my brain about where and when I could secretly dress for a few hours of Rebecca time. Today I have no idea why but the desire to dress was just gone, maybe the reality of my situation finally set in and I just don't want to deal with it, maybe the change in the weather, maybe the freaking moon phase..... who know's I'm tired of trying to solve this puzzle. All I know for sure is the desire to dress will return.

Is it like this for anyone else ???
    Last edited by RebeccaS; 10-18-2021 at 08:07 PM. Reason: grammar mistakes

It definitely comes and goes. One time when I found some time, I went to go dress up and it felt like a requirement, and I had to force myself to go ahead. But, once I got started, I loved every minute of it. Then there have been times when I really wanted to, but couldn't find the opportunity. Right now I would like to, but I don't feel driven to.

Yup, if you were trying to describe my situation, you nailed it. Just spent two weeks in a pink storm. Ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon, racking my brain for where and how I could dress. Then my wife and I spent the weekend painting the master bedroom. No opportunity for dressing. Also no curtain rods, no curtains. so no drapes to pull to cover my dressing. Somehow seemed to break my mood. Gotta go with it for now. The pink fog will be back.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes! When I first stumbled into CD.com nearly 20 years ago I couldn't do or think of anything accept CDing for 3 months! When I wasn't dressing some weird place I was thinking of what I would buy next!

Then, I completely lost the desire to dress for 3 months. When it returned, as it ALWAYS DOES? I made a deal with myself:
    Whenever the urge hit I would dress! In my car, in a storage room at work, in the middle of nite in the bathroom at home. And, that worked! Knowing I could/would dress whenever I liked? The urge only hit me 4 to 6 times a month after that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Rebecca - I am currently in the middle of the heaviest "pink storm" I have ever experienced. I think it is because of how I can look and I am eager to try it out. I am in the same situation as you, finding somewhere I can dress without having to worry about switching back in a hurry. Maybe I'll spend the weekend in a motel in WI, it may be worth it to be alone, and then maybe I'll have more photos to post! I just hope the "pink storm" lightens up a little bit, I can't seem to get anything else done!

Tomi
    Yes, that happens to me too. The last time the pink fog lifted, I decided to stop CDing completely because I came to the conlusion that It just doesn't worth the trouble like in your case. Everyone says here thet the pink fog always comes back and that means you have to act on it. But that also means that the pink fog always goes away (of cource the nature if the cycle is different for everyone). So whenever the pink fog rises I take a couple of deep breath and when I start to daydream about CDing I try to picture the whole scenario: find a place to hide and CD, pleasure myself, change back, hoping that noone notices the little bag I'm carrying, than hoping that the kid won't open accidently my working backpack at home and pulls out the black lacy bra or that my wife won't see strap marks...and that whole image just destroys the pink fog. At least it did for the last eight months.

Been there done that. I does happen with no rhymn or reason. But once you have been through a pink fog there is only one thing you can count on and that is it will return. No reason to fret its just part of our lives.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Add me to the list of ?pink foggers?. Actually, I enjoy the pink fog. It heightens my feeling that are always there. It just makes it more intense. Having a supportive wife is wonderful, with or without the pink fog. When it does go away, bet your bottom dollar, it?ll be back. Don?t fight it.

I've had that happen too. In fact I've spent considerable length of time in drab as I've had no opportunity to dress but for the first time ever my significant other is aggreable to my dressing in a female costume this year which is beginning to summon the pink fog as I plan my costume.

Ride it out. As others have said the pink fog will return.

Take care

Martine

Very rarely for me over the years and when the fog seems to lift for a few hours or so all I have to do is look at my gorgeous lingerie wardrobe and the fog immediately returns.

Rebecca, I roughly dress twice a year so there is no way I will miss these opportunities. However given the work it represents, I can understand that somebody doing it more regularly would sometimes get weary. In the two occasions where I could do it for weeks on end, I did the full nines several days in a row, starting right after coming back from work and stopping some time before going to bed, even if that gave me just a couple of hours of lounging in serenity (or take pictures ). But I inserted break days in the middle to see friends, family, or even to make the trip during a week-end and meet my wife at the location she was.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

Don't you just love the Pink Fog until it isn't there anymore. I go through what I would considered the typical ebb flow of the Pink Fog. ie: strong urge to fully dress and feel wonderful, to I only want to under-dress with some panties or pantyhose and not think about it... What I've have found after all of these years is I seem to gain something new each time I go through the Heaviest of the Pink Fog, such as: now shave my legs, paint my toes etc. in male mode.

The Pink Fog ebbs and flows. I've managed to keep it at bay by incorporating a bit of girlyness into my day, everyday.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I agree with Robin. The fact I dress daily to some degree?definitely the necessary lingerie, seems keep me in the fog. Having said that, there are days, well, I think you know.

I know the feeling. When I bought my house almost 3 years ago. The when Covid hit working form home. The perfect storm for me. I dressed everyday since I worked form home, for about a year. Then I found out I had kidney cancer and had that removed. Gained a little weight from covid and now from recovering from the operation. Just starting to get back this summer had the gall bladder removed, 2 week later had my knee cleaned up to hold me over from getting it replaced. So now gained more weight. I dress a little here and there But I put everything away in case something happens between all the surgeries. Next month getting the knee replaced since the deductible is paid. So no dressing until I can bend my knee. Hoping 2022 will be the year of no surgeries. LOL All is good for me no moping around. I say it is what it is. Moving on. Thanks for reading.

Full moon, maybe.
    Last edited by char GG; 10-20-2021 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Topic not allowed
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.