Thread: Boxes Ticked

Boxes Ticked

Nearly.....

Regular readers will know Helen is off on one of her weeks away in November and as ever I was looking for new things to do enfemme. I was looking at the offerings at the local arts centre where I'll be staying and there, on the week I'm on holiday, the Australian Pink Floyd tribute band is performing. Been looking to go see this band for a while now so what better time to see them and to tick another box and go enfemme to the theatre.

Web site: Click to book tickets; stalls or circle; circle, no seats; stalls, no seats. %$?*"*! I do wish if something is sold out they'd tell you up front.

Oh well, it would have been nice going to the theatre enfemme. I was planning what to wear as I clicked away. Just have to be another time (sigh).
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen, I know the problem with booking for Australian Pink Floyd, such a great band. Tickets at my nearest venue were sold out within 24 hours of going on sale.

All in all it’s just another tick in the stall…

Stay home and become comfortably numb.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

"
    So ya thought ya might like to go to the show? To feel that love and beloved confusion -that space cadet glow?
    I got some bad news for you - Pink isn't well , he stayed back at the hotel..."

Saw the PF Experience some years ago - they were great - had a remote pig flying around during the Animals portion of the show.

Helen, Over here there are several ticket reseller sites where people who cannot go or just want to make a profit sell their tickets. I would think it would be similar over by you. Just a thought
    Crissy

There are folks on this forum just too clever for their own good! You can always rely on the knowledgeable crowd here to come up with witty replies.

Crissy,

We did have re-sellers over this side of the pond but they were ripping folks off price wise so many tickets now are sold with a named recipient and you can be asked to prove it's you at the door. Bulk buying and re-selling at prices above what you'd pay from the actual venue is now banned but difficult to enforce.

However I did look and I found a ticket at the correct price. Problem is it could turn up as late as 48hrs before the concert and I'll have left home by then. Dilemma!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi Helen, long time no-see!
    There's always the Uniquetg Christmas Party at the new venue in Prestatyn on Nov 25th?

Ok let's keep it rolling: Don't fall into the dark side of the mood. I'm sure the band wished you were here.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Concerts in the US say they're sold out all the time but they rarely are actually sold out. Several large groups of tickets are each distributed through certain channels. About an hour before the show all those different channels return their extra tickets and they become available at the box office. Not many people know this. Not many people feel comfortable going to a sold-out concert without tickets. I do this all the time here in the US and it's wonderful you get a great ticket for a fair price. I've sat next to people that paid $600 for a ticket and I paid 200. That was an expensive one. Britney Spears. Regardless maybe there's something similar going on in the UK. I don't know how they run things over there. Just trying to give you some hope.