As a CDer that has never really been serious about dressing until recently, I am learning how difficult it can be to dress and be passable at the same time. So I am buying items one bit at a time to learn what it takes to use the items properly and all the work involved with using them. For example, press-on nails. I purchased a set and found the first time I tried them was a disaster, they kept peeling away and didn't stick very well. I watched a YouTube video on how to apply them and it worked great, they stuck really good. However, I painted them on a paper towel before putting them on thinking they would look better once I had them on but they didn't look very good because they kept moving around on the towel and they picked up a lot of lint from the towel. I stuck them on my fingers and tried touching them up. Made a bit of a mess on the fingers but found it is easier to paint them on the fingers than a paper towel. I then decided to try and repaint them. So I used acetone to remove the old polish and learned that acetone will eat through the press-on nails too! DOH! Next time I am going to just stick them to the fingers first and then paint them.

I know what you are all thinking but I want to remind all of you, I am just getting started with this and have never tried any of it before. So please, any advice that will help be more presentable would be appreciated. This is what has drawn me to this site, all the support I have seen so far.

So with that being said, what have you found is the hardest part of getting dressed and making it look right? So far for me, almost everything! LOL!

P.S. How does anyone type with nails on? It's impossible!