Thread: Changing Minds, One at a Time

Changing Minds, One at a Time

I recently had the opportunity to walk the runway at Ohio Fashion Week?s Black Tie Gala. There I walked for three designers and had the opportunity to interact with a few people associated with Project Runway. But for me, there were two very memorable opportunities to change minds, to touch others.

One of the designers I walked for was Victoria Henley of Project Runway fame. She was so delightful and very focused while at the same time, so kind to everyone, including yours truly. I was not scheduled to walk for her, but when we met, she tossed me a dress and asked me to walk. Watching her work a show backstage was incredible. In and out of an outfit in seconds. Me, not so much?..

Victoria travels with two principal photographers, her mother and Maria. Maria was born without the two hemispheres of her brain being connected. There were questions if she would ever even walk and talk. Well, twenty-two years later, she is working for Victoria. For some reason, she was quite taken with me. You can see from the pictures the genuine fondness we had and have for each other. Something tells me our paths will cross again someday. Kindness given is returned one hundred fold.

After a long day on site, which began at about 9:00am and concluded around 10:00pm, I was walking through the hotel parking lot to my car, lugging my model bag and purse while smiling from a wonderful time. I was wearing the boots that were part of the last outfit I walked. A woman was outside the hotel, catching a smoke. She sees me and asks how I can walk in these boots. I stop and chat with her, telling her I actually find heels comfortable (I do). She was at the hotel, up from Tennessee, to watch her cousin race at a local speedway. Me, well?you know. Two more different people we could not be. Long story short, we talk for at least ten minutes and part company with a great big hug. Changing minds, one at a time?..

Stories soon at https://www.kandis-land.com/!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Kandi, Another great adventure! If there is anyone that can change anyone’s mind, about anything, it is absolutely you!
    Crissy

That is awesome. I'd like to share my changing minds one at a time. If not ok it can be deleted. I drive a tow truck and I am out as transgender at work and everything. I got a call to tow a Ram 3500. Called said I'm in my way guy starts about this is the third person hope you can do it. I asked if the truck can be moved at all due to space to get in front of it. Said if not just a bit more work but will get it done. He started about how the others didn't ask to move it and if I know what I'm doing it and if I can't do the job just go on. So I load his truck from where it was chain it strap it and say I'll see you at the shop. He said I owe you an apology I thought being what you are you couldn't handle it but you certainly proved me wrong. I said never send a man to do a trans women job. He laughed at tipped me $40 at the drop.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-19-2021 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Topic not allowed

Jennifer, Absolutely share! This is how we all learn the world is more accepting than we think. Certainly it is not perfect, but stories like this show the progress we are making. Thank you!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

What a very nice post Kandi