Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first bra..

Bought my first bra..

I've really been wanting to buy a bra but was worried about the sizing..I finally ordered one online with the right band size but there was too much material in the cup and just did'nt feel or look right..So after an hour of lace origami and a little two sided tape it looks and fits very well...I'm amazed at the great feel of looking down and seeing a pink lace bra that looks and feels comfortable and VERY feminine/sexy..Had to share here..
    Missy

Congrats, Nothing like your first Bra.

Hi Missyathome,

Congratulations! I was really nervous my first time as I bought it at the local Target about 2 miles away from where I live.

Marion

Well done - took me lots of trial and error to get the size right

So exciting, isn't it? Congrats. You are hooked now. Like Marion, my first bra was purchased at Target. Was that an adventure!! I felt like everybody was staring at me and thinking, "Oh my, that guy is going to hell."

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Ordering a bra online requires lots of fun with a tape measure but having a bra that fits it a wonderful experience.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

bought my first years ago at a target or similar store. It was a thrill. Now I love buying them dressed or not. It doesn't matter. If I am not dressed often I'll get a comment If I am sure of the sizing or something and I love giving a wise ass comment back. Like I have different size falsies or I have several this size. It shuts the up and leaves them wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Congrats a necessity and fun one at that for feeling feminine. For my first bra I was lucky to have a shop near by and was fitted for a bra and tried on several styles at the suggestion and with help from the owner. She was very supportive and had a few customers like me.

Getting your first brassiere which truly fits, adjusting your straps and realising that you now need to wear it forever for shape & lift is a wonderful feeling.

I knew I needed support for some time, but was afraid to go for a bra fitting. I was confused about band & cup sizing advice and bought several bras online. The initial advice I got was to measure the underbust, then add 4" for the band size. This was presumably based on old fashioned cotton bras with no elastane stretch.

I then found that with modern stretchy bras, you measure your underbust, and that is your band size directly. Then the increase across the boobs gives the cup size: plus 1" is A cup, plus 2" is B, plus 3" is C etc.

Working on this, and buying cheap pre-loved bras on eBay, I refined my size, finding that I needed a smaller band and a larger cup than I imagined.

To my delight, I fit a 38" band and a C cup!

My bra drawer is now full of wired plunge bras, bustiers and unpadded bralettes, with my favourite colour being black lace.

Congrats on your first bra purchase. I remember my first I was 10 years old I got caught wearing my older sisters bra for the second time after my mom and me had a talk and I said I enjoyed and wanted to wear them. She toot me to the store and I had to buy my own I bought to that day a black and blue one

If you want to eliminate the trial and error step, just take yourself (and your breasts or forms or enhancers) to a reputable lingerie shop and ask to be fitted for a bra. My first time was an enlightening experience and I learned a bunch!

i bought my first bra at a dress shop with dress and full slip and matching panties and garter i had to put it on layway i was so hard to wait to pay it off but when i got them i was so happy. love the feel of a bra

After taking all my measurements, I ordered my first bra from Amazon. It fit good but would leave impressions for days after taking it off. I actually cancelled a physical therapy appointment because the marks were still there the morning I was supposed to go. It was tight but not uncomfortable. I bought a bra extender and I must say it fits perfectly now and the marks only last an hour or two. I guess I need to remeasure myself! LOL!

Went through the trials and tribulations of getting a bra that fits, all my life. Starting with my sister's, (which fit fine, since I've had gynecomastia since I was about 8), I always was in the 'trial and error' phase. Still am. When I find a bra that fits, I order a bunch of them, in assorted colors, since I know that most don't stay in production very long.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K. View Post
    After taking all my measurements, I ordered my first bra from Amazon. It fit good but would leave impressions for days after taking it off. I actually cancelled a physical therapy appointment because the marks were still there the morning I was supposed to go. It was tight but not uncomfortable. I bought a bra extender and I must say it fits perfectly now and the marks only last an hour or two. I guess I need to remeasure myself! LOL!
    Hi Linda and everyone. I'm hardly a expert here, but I've noticed the same thing in bras that I've noticed in other articles of clothing...a wide variation in sizes that are labeled the same. A 38C in one brand might equate to a 40B in another. So, my guess is that you measured correctly, but are coming up with differences between brands-sometimes in the same brand. Style variations can make a difference also...I have found I prefer a wider strap for comfort, small. skinny straps tend to dig in to the skin. I think as time goes on and you buy more bras (which is kind of fun in itself) you will develop favorite styles and even favorite individual bras. In just my short period of time CDing, I have.

Missy, Good for you. Enjoy!
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Missy, a great accomplishment. Congratulations. Like Bridget, I?ve tried several brands and cup sizes. You?ll know immediately when you?ve found the right one. I particularly enjoy underwires, something my wife rolls her eyes about. Actually, I fit an a cup perfectly, but prefer a b cup. Have fun.

I remember an early purchase at the Salvation Army thrift store. A cute girl of probably African American heritage helped me. It was for Halloween --wink--wink! Out on the sales floor in public she said, "Hold your arms out."
    When I hesitated, she said, "No problem. No one is looking!"
    She slid it onto my arms over my shirt--and fastened the hooks. Later I bought lots of items with her help. She was always so nice.
    The next year I bought my first new bra, padded, 36-C at Big Lots, 8 blocks from my house. On sale. The woman in line behind me said, "I hope that is not for you!"
    I said it was, and we talked for 30 seconds. She asked if I were a drag performer. Of course not.

Missy, you've just crossed the threshold into the wonderful world of bras, which happen to be my absolute favorite thing to wear. Nothing makes me feel more feminine and girly than a bra does! Congrats to you, and I hope you enjoy them! Be wary though, you could wind up owning a whole bunch of bras and have a strong desire to buy more, so don't let the obsession get out of control.

I bought my first 5 all at once yesterday just walked into vs and asked for the size and colors got then and left my heart was pounding

Thank you all for sharing your stories..I am really liking the feel of sitting around the house wearing a bra and panties..I do keep the shades pulled but if the weather is nice and it's dark I will go sit in the back yard wearing a chemise over the bra and panties..I believe I will be adding more to my collection as time goes on..

Bras are fun! So many choices. Now that you bought one, you can get another, and another. So many styles, materials, colors, various padding.

Mermaiden, I agree. For me, comfort and are paramount. Next, my bra HAS to be pretty. Even if it's plain black or beige, if it's not pretty, it isn't coming home with me.

Reality Check
    The simple solution to sizing is to buy a stretch bra. Genie Bra, Ahh Bra and similar bras. These bras are very flexible and you can easily figure out the proper band size (SML, XL, XLII, XL III, etc.)

Once you have the correct size, the bra will conform to your "bust" size. I can wear mine with or without forms and it still fits.
    Last edited by Krisi; 09-28-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    Krisi

Excellent idea I'll see what they have..Thank you!!