Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Documentary film

Ladies I'll try to be short (everybody knows I use a lot of words and my English is not the best...)
    If you remember, I was planning to attend to the presentation of the movie at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood, Ca. after dropping my wife at LAX. She is traveling to Chile to visit her 93 year old mom. The flight schedule changed and instead of a 9:00 am drop off at the airport we now had to somehow make a 2:00 pm drop off.

The change in plans now involved attending with wife. We were lucky to arrive 5 minutes before the movie started when I saw a beautiful, sexy, tall lady in a long red dress walking towards the entry of the theater, I called to her, "Jeri Ann", her greeting was so warm, more than I could Imagine. She gave me a tight hug that lasted forever for me...I even forgot to introduce my wife witch I did later while movie was running.

The movie is amazing. I hadn't had the opportunity to watch it but was great to see it in the theater. My eyes were wet with some scenes that sounded like my own life scenes.
    To watch the interview of Jeri Ann was so touching for the same I mention before and wife, seated at my right, while Jeri on my left, encourage me to help Jeri Ann when she started crying. I mention that because my wife, after several years, hard years for both, finally is showing abundant acts of support, acceptance and embracing my transition.

Unfortunately, we had to leave before the end of the film, to drive to LAX 50 minutes away, not 30 minutes as I had planned. At LAX I had to deal with extra baggage, get my wife checked in, then drive back to Miceli's Italian Restaurant where the cast, crew and special guests were celebrating. I finally met Jeri Ann while eating delicious Italian food, drinking my favorite Cuban drink, mojito...

Later we moved to The iconic Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to keep hanging out in the hotel's famous lobby bar. A lot of people wanted to talk with me to get to know me better. A couple from Italy, Silvia and husband Mateo, shared with me about a trans girl friend that needs some help. I met Becky, Dannielle's wife who invited me and my wife to have dinner at their house in LA.

I dropped Jeri Ann in her hotel and couldn't resist to give her a tight hug. I got home around midnight after driving 70 miles.

That day was like a dream but wasn't a dream, was real...Jeri Ann is real....lol

Pictures: first is me while waiting Jeri Ann changing dress at her hotel, second both at the theater, third, Jeri Ann performing on her Harmonica, the song Over the Rainbow at Miceli's restaurant, fourth, Danielle's wife, Becky and me at the Roosevelt Hotel, last, Jeri Ann and me at the hotel lobby bar.

(Jeri Ann, feel free to edit...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 06-21-2022 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Permission from Devi to tweak her translation into English.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

The trip to Hollywood was hectic to say the least. From leaving my house to arriving back home was only 75 hours. I would have extended the trip but Aunt Kelly was already going above and beyond by house sitting with Obi while recovering from illness.

Flight delays and LA traffic resulted in getting checked in at the Hollywood Hilton later than expected and allowed for just a light supper and drinks the first evening at a wonderful restaurant with outdoor seating in
    a beautiful garden area. I honestly don't know why I do not have pictures of that evening.

The plans for Friday got altered too when the director and producer got slammed with urgent work issues. They do contract directing, producing and editing in the film industry in addition to making their own films. They sent a limo to bring me to their house to hang out until they could get free. Our plans to go to the film festival were aborted that evening and instead Sarah King, the director and CEO of Melba Productions, coordinated dinner and drinks at El Condor in LA for us and her extended family who also traveled from Texas for the film showing. This is, from left to right, Leah (producer), Karen (Sarah's sister), mwah and Sarah.
    20220617_204741.jpg

Saturday was the big day. Somehow I was ready when the limo arrived at 11:15 am. It was just about a half mile to the TCL Chinese Theater. In this photo I am on the famous carpet which was green, not red. I think they try not to clash with the background.
    20220618_143805.jpg

The documentary has been featured at three previous film festivals in Vail, CO, Portland, OR, and Manchester England. Many people had seen the film and quite a few traveled to Hollywood for the first in person showing in the US. Those people knew me through the film and it was humbling to have so many people want to meet me. I am not a star and do not have much in the way of talent. The film just tells my story.

There were many people involved in the making of the film. One of my favorites was Mateo, the original videographer from Italy. Also in this photo is Sasha Simmons who is also in the film. Sasha is from Honduras and rescued by Danielle from prison, certain deportation and probable execution.
    20220618_143128.jpg

One of the high points of my trip was meeting Devi. We had been friends here on the forum as well as Facebook, email and text messages. This picture is at the theater just before the film began.
    image000000[20556].jpg

The after party was at the historic, seventy three year old Miceli's Italian Restaurant in Hollywood, in the basement with grand piano, open bar, buffet, it couldn't be more perfect. The party was for the cast, crew and special guests. I invited Devi to be my guest. As Devi has already posted, Leah and I performed "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and a short while later we did an encore by request, "What a Wonderful World". She has already posted one picture from that event and I will post another when I have time to get pictures organized.

When our four hour reservation at Miceli's was up, the next stop was the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to hang out in the massive lobby bar but not until I did a wardrobe change. Devi drove me to my hotel where I opted for a more casual outfit, black jeans, red sneakers and a halter top. It was a great time visiting over drinks and snacks. Here we are at the Roosevelt.
    devi.jpg

I have a few more pictures and information to share when I have time.

Devi, how wonderful I am so happy you got to attend. As hectic as the day ended up with the flight.changes and all it ended wonderful with your wife getting to join in as well.
    I love how you described everything…..made me feel I was there

Jeri Ann
    what a weekend to always remember. Magical barely covers it.
    Stunning in your beautiful red dress ….I am speechless ( you know that is rare lol)
    So happy for you and so proud of you.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

It all sounds very exciting and glamorous Jeri Ann and Devi. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

There were many photos on ?the carpet? at the film showing. This is some of the cast and crew.
    228B0450-0AF6-4633-9ED6-84F2FBAE2CF9.jpg

I never dreamed that I would be performing in Los Angeles. Well ok, it was in the basement of a restaurant, but still...

I even hit most of the notes to ?Somewhere Over the Rainbow ? and ?What a Wonderful World?.
    45C96E7D-CA36-4B73-9751-9C226E75FF52.jpg
    I did instrumental breaks and Leah Judge did vocals and accompanied on guitar and piano. She also composed and performed the music for the film.
    0D3A9651-1DBB-46D5-A88F-8B948B693148.jpg
    These two humans have become part of my chosen family. I love em a lot.
    CF488390-8820-41E0-BC53-F607529A1C1C.jpg
    When I stopped pretending to be what I perceived others expected me to be, and began to live authentically, I experienced a freedom that I didn?t know existed. I am told that people living authenticity exude an energy. At Miceli?s Italian in Hollywood last Saturday there was an energy exuded by three trans women that was barely contained by the brick walls.
    83B1FCC4-B8C7-46F1-90A2-9EBB41240AF6.jpg

very kool....pictures speak thousands of words....great share....kudos to all....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

When I stopped pretending to be what I perceived others expected me to be, and began to live authentically, I experienced a freedom that I didn?t know existed. I am told that people living authenticity exude an energy. At Miceli?s Italian in Hollywood last Saturday there was an energy exuded by three trans women that was barely contained by the brick walls
    The picture and the above words really brought tears to my eyes.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

My heart hurts for you Di. If only. 😔

Wow! What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

So sorry I could not be there! So happy it all worked out for you all! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The documentary was recently featured at two more film festivals in Atlanta and Charlotte. It was on the big screen Saturday afternoon in Charlotte and yesterday was the last day to view it online.

The film was edited prior to its showing in Hollywood. More footage was added that included scenes at the rodeo, making cupcakes, working out . . .When I watched it again the other day I realized that my little dog Obi is in many of the scenes butis not listed in the credits. Hmm.

After six film festivals and many awards I think the festival run is over. It may be released at some point in the future but I have no information about that at this point.

In case anyone saw the new edited version, and wants to comment, I will leave this thread open for just a couple of more days.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 10-03-2022 at 05:03 AM.

Just watched the trailer, soooo need to watch this. Would be extremely grateful if anyone see's it released somewhere to reply or post about it

I can't begin to imagine how much fun the Hollywood event was
    Last edited by DaniellaUK; 10-03-2022 at 05:18 AM. Reason: spelling!

Daniella, the film had its first public showing at the Manchester Film Festival last March.

Unfortunately I cannot find anywhere online to ppv from the uk using any means. I will keep a lookout, really looking forward to viewing this. I never knew you was so famous Jeri Ann

"Our Dad Danielle" is a powerful documentary. I sincerely hope that it finds it's way to general release so that many more people can see and hear the moving stories therein.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Well, I spoke too soon.

I received an email from the film festival and the documentary will be available for virtual viewing an additional week.

The link is info@outonfilm.org.

There is an opportunity to rate the film at the end.

Finally got to see this movie.

Wow what a journey it was watching this, I could not recommend highly enough for anyone to watch it, compelling viewing. My seven day pass expired tonight or I would have watched again!

Such amazing friends Danielle has. I won't say too much so as not to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen the movie.

Was super seeing Jeri Ann in there too I sooo want some of those jeans you had on Jerri Ann, they were ace o mundo.

If this is ever on general release I cannot wait.

Finally thanks to Jeri Ann for brining the thread up again or I would not have had chance to view.