Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Documentary film

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.Very touching .
    That it won viewers award for the Vail Film Festival is outstanding.
    Is there any news for future plans?
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Hey Di,

Actually yes, the documentary, "Our Dad Danielle", will make its international debut at the Manchester Film Festival on March 19 at 7:50 PM. I do not know what time zone that is. I believe this link will connect you, https://www.maniff.com/documentary-films-2022.

The film won two additional awards at the Portland Film Festival.

A group from the U.S., Texas and Los Angeles, are planning a trip to England for the showing of the film. So far in the U.S. showings have been virtual. I can't go with the group because I am committed to my volunteer work at the Houston rodeo that runs from February 28 to March 20.

Well, the documentary won an award at the Manchester Film Festival also. It was the first public showing because of pandemic protocols in place at the time of the Vail and Portland Film Festivals.

Now the film is an official selection for the Dances With Films Festival in Los Angeles. It will be an in person showing June 18th at the TCL Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard. There will be a Red Carpet Event prior to the showing.

Back in March three members of the film crew flew to Houston from LA, Chicago and New York and spent three days getting additional footage of me. They even followed me to the Houston Rodeo and got footage of me working a shift. Some extra footage has been added to the film now I understand. It will be interesting to see what they added to my small part.

My attendance has been requested for the red carpet event, the showing and some parties and get togethers. The production company has covered my expenses. Danielle is moving from Houston to LA and already has a house there. Efforts are being made to get the other two women in the film out there too. I have not been given an expense account to cover a wardrobe for the trip. Maybe I need an agent.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 05-14-2022 at 07:10 PM.

That is exciting news Jeri

Very exciting news! An event at the Chinese Theater is really something! What date will the film be shown?
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Jenn, I know Jeri Ann is very busy these days because we were chatting before last week about this event in LA, she invited me but I had scheduled my GCS a few days before it but now they scheduled my surgery for July 11th so I'm going to the event at the Chinese theater in Hollywood on June 18th 12.30 pm.

I'd love to be at the red carpet event but idk how to attend it.
    It would be great if we could make a group of girls attending to the event...
    If anybody want and can the theater ticket is just $18 ...get in.touch with me...
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 05-15-2022 at 03:03 PM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Attending the red carpet event just requires showing up in time. No ticket or invitation is necessary. It is part of the movie experience. I just got off the phone with the Producer, Leah Judge, and she said that the cast and crew will arrive, hopefully, at 11:30 AM. I suppose that we will walk down the carpet individually? or maybe in line? I don?t know much about that stuff.

Leah is an amazing singer and musician. She will be performing at the ?After Party? at the Roosevelt Hotel. She wants me to perform with her. I think we have settled on a medley of old favorites. I need to practice.

Unfortunately I planned a trip back to Texas and won?t be here when you are in LA. Enjoy the trip and premiere.

Thanks Shannon. I was hoping to see you again. It?s been a long time.

hi girls,

I want to share with you that I'm so excited going to the movie on June 18th.
    This is the outfit I bought last Saturday just to attend that day In these pics I rehearse everything included my minimum, natural make up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a great look for the event.

I have my dress but waiting on shoes.

I ordered three pairs to decide from and will send two back.

Soon I will start packing.

Nice outfit! Wondering if you'll be chilly while at the movie.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Theaters at California are always chilly with the A/C but outside, for sure will be hot...But you know, be a beauty has its price to pay....lol

Counting down the days Jeri Ann . Only 18 days till the red carpet
    I wish I could be there and show support and hope you know how proud I am.
    Can hardly wait to hear all about it and see pictures.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

Di spoke for me! Wishing all the best! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Down to two weeks from flying to LA and I am more than a little nervous. It is not much time to get ready. The two days prior to leaving are booked with appointments for lash extensions, mani/pedi, spray tan, dog grooming and hair.

The dog grooming is for Obi.
    16FDA1C8-6A55-4593-BCC3-03F979DC40F5.jpg

I have never had lash extensions before but I need to glam up some.
    I have never messed with spray tan either but my legs are so ugly and hopefully a coat of paint will prevent people from throwing up when I step out on the red carpet.
    The hair? I will leave Marissa’s shop and go to the airport.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 06-02-2022 at 05:51 AM.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Yay!! I'm so happy for you Jeri Ann, and just a little bummed for myself not being able to attend the event. Oh well!

I used to do lash extensions for a while. I loved the effect they gave, but they required a bit of care and delicate handling and eventually I decided to start using a lash serum instead. My lashes now are full and lush, but not nearly as lovely as the effect extensions can make. So, enjoy!

Yes Nadine. In about four days you will not give a flip about a movie. Just sayin.

Good luck on your Covid test tomorrow.

It would be cool to have a get together in Hollywood but, as far as I know, only Devi from this forum has plans to attend. Everyone could be my guest at the after party.

Life gets in the way and travel is very expensive right now. Nonetheless, this film will eventually be released on Netflix, YouTube or something like that. It is an important work for the the benefit of trans people.

Jeri Ann, I would love to attend and glam it up with you, being somewhat of a celebrity in my own country! Actually I am quite a bit closer to LA as I am now in San Francisco for the next 10 days. My twin brother recently had a heart attack and will have bypass surgery today. I am here for him. I think you will enjoy the experience!!

Best wishes for your brother?s surgery.

I will be in San Francisco next month, June 11 through August 2, tending to a friend who is having her surgery June 13. We are driving from Houston together but she will stay longer and I will drive home by myself after I take her to her last post op.

I am hoping to see some forum friends while I am in SF but at least two of y?all will be recuperating from your own surgeries and traveling would not be recommended.

Just four days now and my suitcase is packed except for makeup and toiletries that I need for the next few days. Not much planned for tomorrow but the next two days are booked solid with appointments and last minute punch list items.

Obi is moping around. He hates it when I get the suitcase out. Aunt Kelly is going to house sit him. He is a shelter pup and too fragile to board. Kelly?s generous offer to sit with Obi is the most important thing that made this trip possible.

Counting the days along with you .
    So happy you have a wonderful friend in Aunt Kelly.
    I am so excited for you.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

I'm so excited to meet you Jeri Ann. I'm in a promoti g campaing with friends and people around d her socal, friends at IG.
    Dorit, you has been of the referents and an inspiration for my transition to a real life. I'd love to meet you. If for any lucky change in your brother's situation you can make to the movie I'd be more than happy. To meet Jeri Ann and you, wow! what an event would be....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    Just four days now and my suitcase is packed except for makeup and toiletries that I need for the next few days. Not much planned for tomorrow but the next two days are booked solid with appointments and last minute punch list items.

Obi is moping around. He hates it when I get the suitcase out. Aunt Kelly is going to house sit him. He is a shelter pup and too fragile to board. Kelly?s generous offer to sit with Obi is the most important thing that made this trip possible.
    Don't worry. Obi and I are going to have a grand time while you're hob-knobbing with those Hollywood types. He tell me he knows the location of the treats and the liquor.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

It was close to a meet up, but I was not able to be free. I stayed with my brother until our sister arrived and then flew home on June 15. His surgery went well, his recovery has been slow. While this is not SRS, a triple bypass will definitely take some time to recover from.