Thread: Tan Lines and Dr. Appointment

Tan Lines and Dr. Appointment

I have spent a lot of time on the deck this summer in a bikini working on my tan. I have an impressive tan with equally impressive yet odd tan lines for a man. I really didn't think much about them as I am the only one who sees them. Then a call comes from Dr.K's nurse that it's time for a physical OMG I never saw this coming. These lines are not going to fade by October 7. What to do ??? I have to go to renew my BP meds.

I'm just going to act like nothing is out of the ordinary maybe he will too.

I used to suntan in a thong, and nobody ever mentioned it at the doctors office. Of course, if you go to a dermatologist, they might say something about the tanning being bad for your skin. Mine says fry now, pay later. I always liked having a nice tan but I am starting to pay for my fun in the sun.

Sandi

Shirley - Check out the thread on this forum (Busted at the doctor's office) that discusses trips to the doctor while "en femme." You will see some of the experiences others have had to the doctor's office and their reactions. Maybe that'll help you out.
    Last edited by Linda K.; 09-24-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Not to worry; nurses and doctors have seen everything, and at least, to your face, will behave professionally. Will they talk about you behind your back after you leave? Maybe. Maybe not. But you can rest assured that most will just take note of your cross gendered behavior, in order to provide you with the best care they can give you.
    The gossip that occurs after you leave, won't likely cause any problems.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

They are professionals and all will be well.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Over the years on threads like this one I related an incident when I failed to take into consideration the possibility the seams of my mother's open bottom girdle may be engraved on my skin. I had worn my mother's girdle in the morning before an afternoon physical for a job. I kneaded and kneaded my skins trying to erase those lines. "Doctor's have seen it all" may be true now. I am not so sure what doctors thought about it back in the 1960's. It was a different world back then.

Shirley, The. doctor will not care. But if you're still having issues you can use Neutragena build a tan. That's how I get rid of my farmers tan.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Shirley,

I've gone to my doctor fully dressed as a female with makeup, painted fingernails and toenails and in my open toed sandal high heels. I have gone to him since 1964 as a male and only lately as a female. Neither the receptionist, his nurses or the doctor gave any indication that I was anything different than I always have been. They all know me by sight and know me by my name. I am comfortable presenting in public as a female , so I'm sure my relaxed attitude puts them at ease.

Suzi Q
    Last edited by Suzi Q; 09-25-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I wouldn't be concerned about your doctor, Shirley.

But, farmer's tans ruin so many trans and CD's presentation!

To avoid showing horribly discolored and farmer tanned arms I've been wearing skin toned arm covers in my pics for decades!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thank you girls for your support I just have to go and it is what it is. My goal was NO farmer tan this summer I was out today soaking up the last of the summer sun. Fall is here seasons change quickly here in ND. It was a great summer now it's time to put away the bikinis and skimpy clothes and bring back my leggings,sweaters and boots. I do love my skimpy summer clothes.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Oh my! If your annual exam includes a DRE, an embarrassing procedure will be much more so!

As many have said before, "the dr's and nurses have seen it all before". I go to my Dr nand for blood tests dressed whjen my Dr checks my blood pressure and listens to my heart and lungs I have to take my top, off and there i am in my bra and forms. The first time he saw me like this not one little bit of change of expression on his face, no questions asked nothing,. So? its no big deal all round.
    Just go and be yourself!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

No farmer tan for me either! I have been working on re-siding our house and no shirt and just shorts most days. Then in the afternoon I wrap it up and putt on some skimpy little shorts an soak up some more sun. I have a nice white band around my hips and butt, except for where the lower cheeks are not covered.

I am blonde and fair skinned so I don't get very dark, but for some reason I don't burn easily.

Just go they don't care. I just went fully dressed bra panties everything no one said a thing
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I have different tan lines this year than ever before and a physical later in October, but went with a new doc when I started HRT so hopefully it's even less of a deal.

Reality Check
    I suppose it's too late to say that you should have thought of this earlier.

You never know when someone is going to see your naked body. That would be not only tan lines but toenail polish and shaved legs. You need to consider these things in advance and decide if they are worth the risk.

It's unlikely that your doctor or nurse will say anything and you may not even have to take your clothes off.

Regardless, you did it, now you have to own it.
    Krisi

I?ve started tanning at my local gym it?s included in price anyway but I go commando so no one can tell the difference. I just get a light tan and not overdo it

I've been going to Dr appts with tan lines for years and like others have said, it's never been an issue. If you are really uncomfortable, either use a self tanner or go to a tanning booth prior to your appointment.

Shirley Rose hope all is well!

Worked very hard to get “girl” tan lines a few summers. Very sexy! It fades so fast that my return on investment was very low, though….