Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iam having a problem...

Stephanie47...

Yes, we are close in age...Nothing that we can do about that.

I do not plan or have any desire to dress sufficiently well enough to go out clubbing anymore. There are several reasons outside of dressing for my reasoning behind not going out.

I've come to realizing or understanding that I'm probably going to have to work at going back to the basics and start from square one and work each process of the "art of doing makeup 101" and go from there...Hey, I've got the rest of my life to do that and my schedule is extremely light!!!!

There are some of the profile pictures of other girls that look absolutely total female and it's all due to one's makeup be it applied by a professional or by themselves ...doesn't matter other than it came out great. That's what I want to archive and it's going to require me to get out of the "parked spot" of my life and get it into gear and move forward.

I know that I'm not going to look 20 or 30 or even 50 years old...But I want to look as good as I can.

My profile picture was taken when I was 63 years old. I clubbed when I was 58-63 years old and generally, my age was around the late 40, early 50's by those I asked when the topic came up. So I know I was able to pull it off back then but I'm sure that I've gathered a significant amount of rust in my techniques and trends have changed as well. So that's what I need to work on and I need to get off my butt and get going.

So tonight I will shave up and down and then sit down and start with Youtube videos and basic conditioner, primer, foundation, and concealer. I will do that process for the next week or two until I get it done to the point I'm pleased with it. Go on with the next process like brows or eyeshadow etc until I get it all together.

Some days being home I'' do just average makeup and days when I feel like "sparkling" I'll go for a more glamourous look ...I'm a woman and I can do however I want to look.

Just got to get this going to perk up my life going forward...

But I must say this...I miss my lovely wife far more than I ever imagined I would. But I'm glad that I didn't die on August 11th, 2019 and my wife would be going through what I've gone thru...

Sorry for the loss of your wife.

Don't worry about the make up, it will come.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Stephanie 334: As other girls here are, I'm so sorry for your loss, especially when it's one so close and special; that kind of grief -- while natural -- is also naturally ongoing.
    I have to say that, while reading of your challenges in this thread, I'm so impressed by how you came up with such a well thought-out plan. I love the idea of gaining makeup experience facial section by facial section, all the moreso since the method had never really crossed my mind. I have no doubt you'll do really well, Stephanie.

Marissa...

Trying to find the ambition going forward...hopefully, if I can do that, then I can bring that to the "fun" level for no other reason than to make it fun.

I'm not planning on going out anymore...those days are long gone. It's strictly for my own satisfaction. I've got a few wigs that probably need some trimming out...guess who's going to get that done??? ME!!!!. No need to get them done at a hair salon, because I'm not going out. So another thing in the dressing process. If I screw it up, so be it. I'll just go from below the shoulder wig to an above the shoulder wig.

This whole dressing thing is going to become a fun hobby for me going forward...some go golfing, some go fishing and I'm going "femme"!!!

Tell me I'm wrong...LOL