Thread: Leggings

Leggings

For the first time today I was brave enough to hit the gym with leggings of course shorts over the leggings and a nice Victoria secret thong under the leggings it was so awsome and a cute bra under my Hoodie any one else wear leggings to the gym?

I do every time I go

I do it all the time, no shorts. So far no stares and no issues.

Aspiring Member
    sometimes.

So does the rock.

I've got 8 pairs now, everything from pink to rainbow, polka dot to red snakeskin effect. Paired with a simple vest and go spinning 3 times a week. The class is 99% women. I don't wear thongs as I don't want to create an unsightly bulge.
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

I was going to the gym daily in leggings and all women's clothes, with a women's jacket. As it got warmer I stopped with the jacket and all was good, till I wasn't able to go for the summer. I did it once last week, without the jacket as it's still in the upper 80's. It felt great, but self-conscious starting back up.

Have fun!

Have about 50 pairs of leggings, all colors and patters. I wear them to the gy all the time.

Black leggings, without shorts, are my everyday gym wear, with a t-shirt on top. After five years, all the other gym-rats are used to it.

Loose the shorts over the leggings. I mean it.

I have not worn them to the gym but I have three pair of black leggings that look like leather. I love them.

Oh my I guess I was the only one missing out I kinda have to wear shorts sense I only bought one pair so far and didn't realize they are see through and I wear a thing but still don't want too cause unwanted attention where do you ladies get your leggings from?

I wore 70D footless tights under shorts recently on a morning walk when it was cold and that was enjoyable. Not confident enough to wear them to the gym.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

I wore plain black leggings (no shorts over them) to the grocery store once a few months ago and got a couple of "looks." I know that shouldn't have bothered me, but it only makes me more concerned about going out in the future in even more femme outfits. But I have several other pairs of various colors and patterns, which I enjoy while relaxing at home.

I think this thread is subconsciously affecting me. I ended up buying two pairs of leggings yesterday that are perfect for working out.

I have worn capri leggings and full length leggings to some exercise classes mostly women in the class no shorts and no issues

As an addendum to my previous comment; I also wear denim leggings on a daily basis. I’m sure there are people at my gym and the general public that look askance at wearing workout and/or denim leggings. But the more I wore them the more comfortable I became. Honestly most people simply don?t care.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 09-29-2021 at 07:17 PM.

I don't belong to a gym, but wear leggings to work out all the time, including walks and runs around the neighborhood. Loose the shorts; if you are concerned about the bulge showing, wear a longer t-shirt (that is what I do).
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Go to the gym!?"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    "Go to the gym!?"
    Based on Sherry's many prior posts I'm pretty sure she gets more exercise on the dance floor in stilettos than I ever get using the gym treadmill wearing leggings. She looks better too.

I also tried a wig, but that was just too hot.
    6 months after my membership expired, my gym instructor became a client of my company so we had a nice catchup of gossip.

IMG_20171118_073703.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Leggings aren't something I've ventured out too yet. What brands/types would you guys recommend, or just start out cheap at first?

I've found new joy in not having to wear a dress to feel feminine, but really getting into what I think a lot of women during Covid have done - wear leggings pretty much most days. I had a few cheaper pairs (Danskin, Zella) but recently started buying Lululemon ones (off FB and eBay - they're expensive!). I'm totally in love - I can see why the ladies are gaga over them. Good quality and you feel really confident and feminine with the styles and patterns.
    For at home I have some really girly prints and styles that I don't venture out outside in, but the neutrals - blacks, greys and earth tones - tend to not attract any negative attention. You're just out there getting exercise and it's no ones business what you're wearing as you run/bike by. Plus tights are more supportive and pleasant to work out in.
    Check out this article about wearing Lulus as a guy - I think its implied that theres some stigma that we're over here, but its a good guide nonetheless.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lululemon/c...gings_for_men/

Oh - and I think a lot of looks we may get are around how revealing leggings can be as a guy. I just tuck and wear a supportive thong to keep it smooth and less noticeable!
    Last edited by Darla; 10-04-2021 at 11:38 AM.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I'm definitely not a gym person, LOL. One reason being, I already get a heck of a work-out from my job, basically getting paid to exercise.

But sometimes I'll go for walks while wearing leggings in guy-mode. Typically I'll wear styles/prints that are more bold & girly during those occasions, versus when I'm out & about doing non-exercise type things... Just makes more sense.

Anyway, I get the shorts-over-leggings thing. But IMO? Man up -- and do without the shorts.

I really don't care if my butt gets shown off, as it is a pretty nice one!

Yes, the "male frontal area" can be a concern, of course, perhaps even being the tipping-point between being socially "acceptable" or not. In which case? You can try a number of things to help minimize that concern. A huge factor is wearing leggings that have more of a compression-type fabric. Usually they're a bit more expensive, but oh-so worth it in various ways.

Just a couple quick replies...

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    It felt great, but self-conscious starting back up.
    I hear you on that. I tend to ditch the leggings during the summer, as well. But now that the cooler weather is making its way? Leggings season for the next 9 months!

Yes, it can be a bit tough to get over that whole self-conscious thing at first. Happens every year. But really, it's like riding a bike. So, hop on up -- and simply start pedaling again.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Cassandra View Post
    I wore plain black leggings (no shorts over them) to the grocery store once a few months ago and got a couple of "looks."
    Yep, some people are gonna look sometimes. Nature of the beast, with leggings. Doesn't matter if you're a GG or otherwise... People are gonna look!

It's like, whatever. Don't turn it into a big deal in your head -- and others won't, either.