Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiking

Aspiring Member

Hiking

Went for a 5 mile hike. I wore a bra and tank top, black opaque pantyhose (like leggings) and a pair of flowing shorts. It was so much fun. I had on small forms so there was some shape and the black tank was figure hugging. First time hiking en femme. Now I want to do it in a hiking skirt.

Always a good idea to combine interests. Also sounds like great low impact way for someone beginning to venture outward...and great fun besides. I'll be trying it

Aspiring Member
    Did you meet up with any other folks?

Coincidentally, I hiked 5+ last weekend, en femme. Lacy white beach dress. Bralette. Mesh short shorts. Saw very few people. Very relaxing hike.

thumbnail.jpgthumbnail (1).jpg

Did get the usual wide eyed smile from the women. And the wide eyed, "I don't know what to make of this" look from the men. All said hello, nicely.
    Last edited by Julie MA; 09-29-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Julie, you look amazing !!!!!

I have been thinking about taking a hike sometime myself.

I don't do much hiking, but you two girls have me tempted. 5 miles is no joke, Sheri! Congrats on doing it for the first time en femme.
    Love that lacy dress, Julie!

Sheri, Your outfit sounds cute. Any pics?

I chose a trail that was rated as "lightly trafficked". I also recommend a "loop" trail vs "out and back". You will encounter less people, and won't have to see the same people twice, assuming anyone makes you feel uncomfortable.

I would like to find a place for some naturist hiking. But I don't want the concern of offending anyone.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

My exwife told me to take a hike. So I did

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My T friend, Cindi, dresses to the 9's for tennis, golf, and long bike rides. All her sports r with regular men and women!

She warns new golf and tennis partners that she's going to come dressed!

I'm too old for all that stuff!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I?ve been hiking with a kilt/skirt but haven?t taken it all the way . It sure sounds like fun.

Aspiring Member
    Sherrii asked: Did you meet up with any other folks?
    I passed one older couple on the trail as my pace was faster than theirs. I was a little nervous but smiled and said hello. They did the same. Was wearing a crossback sports bra with the halter tank top but also had a small hydration back pack so I'm not sure if they noticed my attire.
    Yes this is a loop trail and I saw no other people.

Banned Read only
    I have a more pedestrian question. How in the world do you keep your hose from being snagged by twigs, branches, debris, etc while hiking? Seems wildly impractical to me.

Aspiring Member
    The hose are black and opaque so quite tough. It's no different than running in black tights which many do in cooler weather.
    If you are a hiker, you know that many trails are traveled enough so there are not a lot of things to snag the hose on. This is one of those trails. I had to be careful in only a couple places.

Now that I'm retired, I've decided to take hiking back up (been a looong time). Doing it as Lori Anne keeps popping into my head.

Reality Check
    I would keep in mind that women are less likely to hike alone than men because of the fear of being attacked. If you are hiking, dressed as a woman, this could be an issue for you as well. Be aware of your surroundings.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Thanks Krisi, Valuable advise, your thoughts are heard. Girls often do hike with alone with their dog, although that probably doesn't qualify as hiking alone.

This is a great idea! Most folks out hiking should be kind and understanding anyways. I'm an avid hiker/backpacker and I can't tell you how many times I've come across folks that're just completely naked out for a hike (I think that's a bad idea, to be clear), but I don't think anyone I've hiked with has had anymore than a 'That was interesting!' kind of a reaction to it.
    I've only gone out with nails painted, but I've always wanted to do the small forms and go for a trail run in some leggings and a sports bra. Here in the Northeast there's a ton of rural parks/trails no one ever really uses; check out 'Alltrails' app for good ideas on where to go.

Aspiring Member

I did it - hiked in a skirt

I did it. Put on a black short sport skirt and went for another hike in the woods. This is another 5 mile hike. Sports bra, tank top, skirt and yes, pantyhose - I need the pantyhose to make my legs look tan - not sure if someone would actually notice the hose. There was a couple coming out of the woods just as I was about to start. I waited for them and then took off. What a thrill.

So exciting! Well done, girl, and very inspiring!

Aspiring Member
    I've gone on several hikes in a dress, skirt, skorts, or women's shorts. It generally seems pretty safe, The isolation is worrying, but most people I've come across have been nice. Last week I hiked with a female friend. I asked if she would mind if I wore a skirt. She had no problem with it.

Early in my history of going out in public, I would take a morning walk on some walking trails near my home. I started wearing a skirt when I did this. I was just a guy in a skirt. After encountering a few people during my walks, that a man in a skirt is OK. I came to understand, after doing this several times, that I did not need to present female to wear the pretty things. I think I never tried to pass as female after that. (I had only gone out a few times before that and felt that I had to present female to be able to wear the clothes in public.)
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Aspiring Member
    Same for me jjjjohanne, I go out as a man wearing a skirt. No wig, no make-up, but often a hat. And I find hiking on a trail in a skirt very comfortable.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Such fun and something i have done several times. If you enjoy hiking, then hiking dressed is just even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysue View Post
    My exwife told me to take a hike. So I did
    Last edited by Jane G; 10-02-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Awesome! Hiking is a great pastime, I wish I did it more! Keep us posted if you do it again.