Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Costume Ideas for H'ween

A few years ago I was working at the Alabama Space and Rocket Center as a docent. The had a special Halloween night. I went In full makeup, a long sleeved blouse, below the knees skirt, and a pair of 1 1/2 heels. I was apposed by the boss lady and told to leave and turn in my badge on the way out. The reason was that it was a family type of activity. I said nothing. I just did as I was asked and have never been back. I had worked in communications computers with NASA over 23 years and 3 years while I was in the AF.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

CRUELLA is a good choice.

My first "time" for lack of a better word was a Halloween party where I went as Rosy the Riveter. My makeup was awful, and it was an interesting experiment for sure. I've wanted to do something like wonder woman, I have a more muscular build, and feel like that would be a costume where it may be justified, but I probably wont this year.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    The problem is, people aren't going to question you, they will just quietly assume that you really are a cross dresser. No big deal if they are strangers, potentially a problem if they are family, friends, neighbors or co-workers.
    So true. It's not just Halloween. When I was still working there was the annual "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" in the downtown financial/business district. Every year I could overhear the women observing the guys; trying to figure out who was a cross dresser. If a guy walked in heels with no effort they proclaimed the guy had to be one because walking in heels is not something you learn in a day or a week.

I've seen the same thing happening at my local Kroger store where some young guy (co-worker) strutted his stuff in front of his female co-workers. "Yep, definitely. No doubt! Had to be!" Maybe a male observer does not notice the small nuances needed to pull it off 100%, but, the girls do.

I think the word is out that crossdressers take advantage of Halloween. That being said, go for it. You can just say that by shaving your legs you were simply playing the part like an actor would to get into the role. So deny if you like or just have fun with it on that one day at least.

The last time I went out on Halloween was in 2019, I was just wearing lingerie because it was at a club with a rocky horror live performance, and I can tell you I was not out of place with that bunch. We had a lot of fun. Wild times for sure.

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieMac View Post
    CRUELLA is a good choice.
    I thought, for sure, this would be popular for Halloween after I saw the promos for the movie. Lots of ways to express her. Sadly I'm not able to be her.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Could always find a female character mask like I had for my costume prize winning Miss Piggy in a Victorian era walking suit. I used the mask for a Pigs in Space costume for a different year.

Doing a zombie costume may hide the lack of make up skills and still not have to dumb down the rest of the outfit. I did a flight attendant for a zombie walk. Could do a zombie bride, etc

Could also do an 80’s era Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Joan Jett, Cher, Boy George, Amy Winehouse, the lady from Love Shack video, or even David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 10-28-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Hummph, does any one here remember the movie Victor/Victoria. A woman pretending to be a man dressed as a woman. Maybe it wouldn't go too far but worth a try. Or you could be the opposite number, the obvious man dressed as a woman pretending to be the lead. It got laughs and some catcalls but after awhile one can only try to understand. I like the second idea more than the first myself.

I don't do Halloween here at home or out and about.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    OMG, Victorian Miss Piggy??

You win Photo of the Week, hon!!

Photo of the week? That is photo of the month, and perhaps of the year.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)