Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costume Ideas for H'ween

Costume Ideas for H'ween

I've been wondering what kinds of costumes could be worn on Halloween that wouldn't make people immediately suspect that the wearer is a CD.
    Other posts have warned that dressing too convincingly as a lady would be a dead give away. Does anyone have some suggestions on dressing up while still flying under the radar?
    I'm planning on being an airline stewardess (pics posted in the gallery section 2 days ago). My thoughts are that this costume is relatively conservative and clearly inexpensive which might indicate to others that it's a "one-time" thing.
    I'm planning on piling my long hair into a high, messy bun and only applying some lipstick and eyeshadow (I'm completely inexperienced with makeup).
    Also thinking that I will keep my 5 o'clock shadow and wear sheer pantyhose that will make it obvious that my legs aren't shaved.
    Does anyone else have any other ideas that you're planning on trying this halloween?

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I am contemplating a kind of "Morticia" look or a "gypsy fortune teller" myself. I have taken test pics and will post them soon. Slightly less than perfect makeup and exotic look is a good compromise between looking "too good" and being true to costume.

If you are a big girl this is a good one. Just do a search of resident evil Alcina Dimitrescu. The bigger you are the more fitting for the character. People most likely think you are a cosplayer than a CDer.

Platinum Member
    Eh, why not use the opportunity to go all out and express yourself rather than dumb it down in an attempt to look inexperienced. No one will know what your motivations are either way.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    I have to agree with kim. On the Halloweens when I did go out en femme I went totally en femme; makeup, Nail polish, wig, dark hosiery (no leg hair anyway), heels and a pretty dress. I've always thought if I intentionally did my best to look my worst it would be demeaning to the women I love. On Halloween I've seen some fairly apelike hairy figures and I did not think it was at all amusing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That is a very realistic and conservative costume, Cec. I don't understand why u would want to ruin it by presenting blatantly as man? R u so feminine looking that everyone won't know you're a man if wear make up?

Won't people that know u recognize u with or without make up? And, if strangers think you're a female why is that a problem?

Since u didn't post pics of your face, we can't guess how u mite look.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would suggest going for as good a time as you can but be aware of your surroundings. If it's a party that almost no one would know you, there is much more leeway than if you are at a neighborhood/work party with people who you interact with often you will likely plant seeds that one day might come back to haunt you (no pun intended!)

I've tried suggesting it but my SO is on to me, knows it will be a Pink Fog event and I might just be too good at pretending, will be trying to find another way to make it happen!

I would be inclined to make it a real costume -- not just a nice dress. I've thought about getting a sexy pirate outfit or something like that. If you are made, it would be a guy dressed as a pirate girl -- the 'one timer' concept.

My hubby always dresses in a women's costume for Halloween. He has lots of them and tries to attend as many public parties in downtown locations as he can fit in. Going just "as a woman" isn't Halloween to him. Oh, and we both wore flight attendant costumes a few years ago, we even had matching flight bags.

Thanks for all of your responses. You all make great points.

I probably didn't explain in my post that I'm going to a party where I will know most of the people. In other words, I will be instantly recognizable with or without makeup.

I'm not wanting to appear as a mockery of a woman (I have complete and total admiration for all women), I just don't want anyone speculating as to my motive (or expertise) because this will be my very first public appearance.

The gypsy costume sounds like a great idea, btw! You'll have people coming up all night asking you to have their futures told! I actually decided on the Stewardess outfit because I think it's also a very approachable costume (everyone loves flight attendants).

Char, I love the fact that you and your SO went to a party wearing matching flight attendant costumes... I'll bet the two of you made a huge splash!

Quote Originally Posted by NjJamie View Post
    I've tried suggesting it but my SO is on to me, knows it will be a Pink Fog event and I might just be too good at pretending....
    As tempted as I am to dress for an upcoming Halloween party, that is exactly what would happen to me. My close friends would issue me a kindly '' and there would be some serious questioning.

I am thinking of trying doing a Minnie Pearl type outfit.
    I already have the dress and shoes. Her hat and nurse white hose will be the hard things.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 09-30-2021 at 02:19 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecily View Post
    T

The gypsy costume sounds like a great idea, btw! You'll have people coming up all night asking you to have their futures told! I actually decided on the Stewardess outfit because I think it's also a very approachable costume (everyone loves flight attendants).

!
    That's what happened to ME when I dressed as a Gypsy Fortune teller at my Adult Sunday School Halloween Party, some years back. ALL the ladies wanted me to tell their fortunes---Lucky for me a had brought along a Tarot deck for a prop. Hey its a great way to meet women---a bit radical though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 09-30-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Reality Check
    Personally, I would have a hard time going out and not being the best woman I can be. It would be obvious that I dress as a woman more than once per year.

I would say if you can't "dumb it down" (and that would be no fun), dress your best but go to where nobody is likely to know you. A bar might work (make sure they are celebrating Halloween though) or perhaps a big outdoor event like a concert.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    The trick is to dress in a way that suggests that you aren't trying to hard. Perhaps a character that is comedic or a parody of a type of woman, like a gypsy. Although, you may run the risk offending the United Gypsy Front of America through your thoughtless cultural appropriation. After all, everyone today is eager to be offended.

It's the one time a year that you can go all out. Why go half way?
    If someone questions why your makeup is perfect then "I had a friend do it for me". Why are your legs shaved then "in for a penny, in for a pound".
    Just wear something you want to wear, it's your one night to shine.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Always thought a witch costume along the lines of Elvira would be neat.

Krisi, that actually happened to me once. I went with friends ,dressed to the nines in an Ivory disco dress, heels and a red wig. It turned out the club we went to wasn't having a Halloween party! I got groped a lot and by the time we left I was so stressed out I had to go home and change before we went to the next bar, which, ironically, WAS having a Halloween party.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Always thought a witch costume along the lines of Elvira would be neat.
    I like that idea too. I even went shopping yesterday and found a costume dress that would fit, but I wasn't going to spend $40 for a dress, and $10 more for a wig and a few more dollars for other accessories. I have the large breast plate so it was very tempting, but we are not celebrating Halloween so hard to justify just for fun. (Like that has stopped me!)

If we were going out I would have had to think about it.

Gone a number of times as an ?aerobics instructor.? Leotard, tights, headband and leg warmers. Maybe a belt.

Depending on body shaping, wig and makeup, you can be completely over-the-top, or someone coming home from the gym.

Tried both but the over-the-top style is most fun, because huge bombs! it?s Halloween!

Still pondering this year. Maybe Taylor Swift.

Silver Member
    So this question comes up every year. In your case the moment you open your mouth the cat is out of the bag. Your friends will detect your voice. But so what? How fun is it going to be doing the double costume. If you do a nice job, and you are svelte enough, people will be astounded. My suggestion is a costume like witch, zombie or devil which calls for heavy none flesh toned make up where you can use deep contouring, not just cheeks, but neck, clavicle, etc.IMG_20201031_220957_05.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

A couple of covert Ideas: I went successfully as a member of Pussy Riot (the badass russian political punk band). Skirt, leggings, ripped up shirt, ski mask lipstick. Drew the line at eye makeup but I probably could've pulled it off. Not SUPER womanly though.

You might also go as 'Brienne of Tarth' from Game of Thrones. A Woman knight with dudely-features. Still might give that one a go!

~AW

Alana - clever!

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Krisi, that actually happened to me once. I went with friends ,dressed to the nines in an Ivory disco dress, heels and a red wig. It turned out the club we went to wasn't having a Halloween party! I got groped a lot and by the time we left I was so stressed out I had to go home and change before we went to the next bar, which, ironically, WAS having a Halloween party.
    I did that also, way back before I considered myself a "crossdresser". And yes, it was a bit embarrassing.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    It's the one time a year that you can go all out. Why go half way?
    If someone questions why your makeup is perfect then "I had a friend do it for me". Why are your legs shaved then "in for a penny, in for a pound".
    Just wear something you want to wear, it's your one night to shine.
    The problem is, people aren't going to question you, they will just quietly assume that you really are a crossdresser.

No big deal if they are strangers, potentially a problem if they are family, friends, neighbors or co-workers.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    The problem is, people aren't going to question you, they will just quietly assume that you really are a crossdresser.
    Krisi, that's exactly my line of thinking. Looking too ladylike or expertly put-together at a party might elicit unspoken assumptions and private gossiping.

However, a cheap costume, combined with slapdash makeup and visible leg hair under pantyhose, would likely result in nothing more than some good natured teasing for the next few days at most.