Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Tall!

Talking Too Tall!

I am 6 - 1 and in heels, well you can do the math. I am currently looking for a nice pair of flats for around the house while doing chores but I do like a nice pair of heels while wearing skirts and dresses. So my question is, how do you deal with being tall while trying to be passable at the same time?

Im 5.12 I was told and I finally believed this forum to just own it and go for it. So glad I did.
    Diane. 🎀

My daughter is about 6 ft without shoes so heels make her pretty tall. She mostly uses flats or low heals as she does not need the height. Regardless, she obviously passes despite being quite tall.

Sandi

You just don't worry about being passable, easy peasy! I'm 6' even and always wear heels (normally 2.5 - 3" for daily things) and my height is never an issue.

I to am six even in bare feet, I wear my heels as needed. normally 1.5 to 2,5 but I have some 4" heels. They go on my feet just fine and get worn as needed. I just bought some size 12 Amazon essential Prime flats at a fair price.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I wish I was shorter. easier to buy dresses that fit and I just want to blend in

I always found tall women attractive. From my 5'7" point of view it was always something I admired in both women and men. So I say go for it, get as high a heels as you like. I'm sure there are many who would find you more than passable

Banned Read only
    I'm basically 6ft5, and have a torso to match. I've given up on the idea of passing in anything other than a headshot or waist down.

There are many women who are over 6 feet tall! Dress your best and go for it! There is a commercial on TV and the couple are dancing! The woman is a head taller than the man! Tall women really exist! Get out there, you won't regret it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I'm 6'5" and have been out in 4" heels. You just hold your head high, and DO IT.

Linda, I'm 6'2, and I know I'm not passing so I just wear what I like. I don't wear 5" heels, but I do wear 1-3" heels.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Around 6’2” as well. I dress to look nice and blend in and often notice other women around my height. Not many, granted, but its rare for me to go out in any busy place without seeing at least a few other women of my height. And besides, I do enjoy being out in the real world.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 09-30-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    re: "So my question is, how do you deal with being tall while trying to be passable at the same time?"

You wear flats. Most really tall women do the same.
    Krisi

Six feet is tall, for a woman, not at all unheard of, but not less than 1 in 100 women are six feet or more. In other words, we stand out. Since "passing" is a myth, and "blending" is next to impossible for a women of such height, embrace and accept. You should be who you are. Honestly, a smile and lady-like comportment are easier to accomplish and far more effective than trying to pass or blend.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Aunt Kelly is right. Passing is a myth. A trans acquaintance says, "I just do it because that is who I am." She is 7' 4", but does not wear heels. Sometimes she must duck going through doorways. I'm 5'8" so you can imagine what it looks like when we are standing and talking, especially when I am in partial male mode and she is in her usual female presentation. Must blow up the male and female expectation of size differences in the minds of people who expect the tall one of a couple to be the male.

I am 6'3" and was in a grocery store today in "stealth" mode, femme shorts, femme sneakers, femme tee and the usual underdressing. A lovely young lady behind me in the checkout line had only one item so I let her in front of me. She was as tall as me so I ain't worried about being tall anymore.

I'm 6' also.
    When I began going out I was very nervous about my height and my love of heels made that worse. It took a little time but you just have to exude confidence. No matter what you wear, no matter where you go you must carry yourself in a manner that says "I belong here". If you are nervous and concerned over your appearance others will pick up on it. You can't be the "deer in the headlights".
    You don't worry about your height in male mode, don't worry about it in heels either. There are plenty of tall women in the world.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

The ladies are right. Look around, there are plenty of 6 foot women around. In fact I know a couple women, personally, that are pushing 6'4" who wear 5" heels on a regular basis.

My concern is not "passable", per se, but "pleasant", so what it boiled down to for me is: I'm 5'11", give or take, and wear a size 12 women's shoe, and I get along with up to 4 inch heels pretty well. I decided I'd rather look like an Amazon in heels, than Frankenstein in flats. Plus heels really tend to make your legs look great.

Hugs
    Meeshell
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

I am not too tall at 5'9" but I do find standard length dresses can be too short for me.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    FWIW...
    Many women even when classy dressed in a nice skirt and blouse, dress, tailored feminine business suit, etc do not wear heels when shopping or walking about about.... like at the mall, etc.
    They wear comfortable shoes.
    Personally I often wear ladies casual low white canvas shoes
    There is absolutely no discomfort wearing them and it is a pleasure walking about and shopping in them.
    If also helps me blend in with the other ladies. .

I wear sneakers and go for a more modern fashion look. Sometimes in the Club i do wear heels but rarely there too.

Bright bubblegum pink 4" platforms with an 8" heels and a latex dress to match! Nobody will notice, trust me!

My sister is 6 foot and she don't blend!

The answer to your question is the same if you were 5 foot nothing. If you wear heels, just wear what any other woman would wear, along with the clothing. Do you best to blend. The bright pink dress I mentioned is probably out of the question, but skinny jeans and a nice top, or a simple dress, or a skirt and nice top, 2-3 inch heels. No 4" platforms with 8" spikes! The crazier your outfit the more attention it will attract.

3/4” heel pumps give you a little wiggle but easy to walk in. A taller guy to accompany you helps!
    Last edited by Alexis00; 10-14-2021 at 06:51 AM.

OMG! The short answer .... You are never too tall to wear heels. Seriously though, if you feel self conscious then wear a shorter heel. There are lots of cute shoes which have a shorter heel.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Thank you all for the very encouraging and helpful advice, especially from all of you who are as tall, or taller, than me! I too have seen many women in the stores that are over 6' tall but notice they are wearing flats, as most women who are shopping. I just write that off as they are wearing comfortable shoes because they are doing their chores and have a lot of walking to do. This is why I mentioned that I would like to get a pair of flats for doing chores around the house. But I really can't resist those heels! I notice taller women when they are "out on the town" are usually wearing flats as well. Then I start to think, are they being self-conscience about their height? Tell me, am I over thinking this?