Thread: So I went to the bank today....

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar

So I went to the bank today....

So I went to the bank today in order to open a new account for for money I have been saving. Now I have gone to this branch several times as Stacey to cash some checks and get money orders and my account there is still in my guy name but opening a new account requires a whole new level of interaction.
    I had decided last night to do this and this morning when I got up I felt a combination of excitement and nervousness. I made sure my hair and makeup were as good as I could do and I tried on a couple of different outfits and even ironed a blouse to make sure I looked okay.
    When I got to the bank I sat in my car a few moments to calm down and make sure I was ready then I went inside. I only waited a moment before I was called up to the teller and I told her I wanted to open a new account. She then told me to wait a moment in one of the offices so she could help me. After that everything went so great and really very normal. she did confirm what pronouns I wanted then it time to set up the account. Of course I still had to use my guy name and account information but there was no problem. we chatted the whole time about family and where we were from. I felt absolutely wonderful sitting there in the bank as Stacey. I was almost sad for the whole thing to end and it was time for me to go.
    I actually had more stuff to do and I went to the grocery store for some shopping. Again perfectly normal.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Congratulation Stacy those are big steps

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    As long as you are depositing money into their bank, I would expect them to be most accomodating!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How did u account for the difference in your ID appearance?

See what I did there?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stacy, Congratulations.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congrats. As someone who banks a lot. I can?t get away with this. But love to read upon it!

It takes fortitude to do that gurl !

Stacy,

Well done, just remembered it gets easier next time. Do it often enough and it becomes second nature.

You've made a great start, now what else is there you can do enfemme to keep the momentum going?

They asked, early on, what pronouns you preferred. That's a sign that the organization has a woke policy on such things, and values it enough to provide training to their employees. You have chosen well, my friend.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Just another 'Gurl'
    Sounds like a great experience Stacey. Good for you.
    Just another man in a dress