Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too Tall!

Reality Check
    They have retail stores in many cities so if you buy something and it doesn't fit, you can return it to the store rather than shipping it back. The stores have some large sizes in stock but it's pretty random.
    Krisi

Michelle - My point exactly, most women wear flats nowadays. I just love those open-toe heels though!

Over 6' here....Always wear heels/skirts and go out often!! Ya just have to hold your head high...And own it!!!!

I have seen any number of women who are my height or taller (6 feet) with the tallest woman being 7 feet 2. Being tall isn't necessarily the sole factor of being rumbled as a cd/tg etc There are many factors that can influence people's perception of the image you are presenting

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    A combination of humor a splash of confidence and the right attitude work for me.

If it looks good on you, wear what you like!

Assuming you can find it in your size. There's nothing sadder than seeing tons of fabulous footwear on a shopping site, then filtering by your size and the only things left are sneakers, flip flops, and Crocs.

Jennifer - That's for sure. I sure wish they had these in my size. Very cute!

https://www.amazon.com/Feversole-Mac...KKMHJXNSQGPQBY

Linda -- That's a shame. Those look very cute and comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeshell View Post
    My concern is not "passable", per se, but "pleasant"
    ^this.
    As far as height goes, I'm six foot four, my sister is six feet tall even. Currently she wears a size 13 women's shoes, so she's worn men's sneakers and penny loafers and such androgenous casual footwear for most of her life. Zero heels; she had a pair when she was in I think 6th grade, but as she was close to her adult height by age 14, never again for heels.
    And you'd never mistake her for a guy, no matter what she's wearing. Likewise, you'd never mistake me for a woman, no matter what I'm wearing, unless of course it was during a blackout, with no moon, during an eclipse, in a coal mine, from 100 yards away... and even then, just maybe.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lexi - I am curious about your sister's decision to stop wearing heels. So my question for you is, what is the reason your sister stopped wearing heels? Did she feel self-conscience about being taller than men? Did she feel less feminine? Did she feel like she stood out in the crowd? I will have enough difficulty not being noticed while I am en femme, I just don't want to have my height draw unnecessary attention to myself.

Simply by understanding and accepting that there are plenty of cisgender women who are even taller! Own it, and rock the ‘tall amazon look’.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Most women don't shop wearing skirts and heels these days.
    They've become more casual so flats and sneakers and such are the norm.
    What is wrong with them Cheryl?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K. View Post
    Jennifer - That's for sure. I sure wish they had these in my size. Very cute!

https://www.amazon.com/Feversole-Mac...KKMHJXNSQGPQBY
    Amazon Basics has ballet flats up to women’s 15 and men’s toe shoes up to men’s 12.5.

Whether those sizes/colors are available right now I don’t know. I wear 3/4” heel pumps which are usually available up to 11 or 12 women’s.

i knew a girl in college who was easily 6' 5" and she was just plain beautiful She stood out as a beacon of beauty and never, or at least I never saw her in anything but jeans. I approached her several times but never got more than an hello. At that point in my lsions ife, 70's, I was deep in the closet but lived alone and was dressing a lot and maybe making it out to the local drag bar on occasion. I wish I knew what I know now about cding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I am six foot six, and wore size 16 4" heels. There are not many people in the farming region i live in. Almost no tall women! i have seen only a few. If i ever go out dressed in public around here, ALL eyes will be on me!! And word really gets around fast. I oved in the Seattle area a long time in the past, though, and noticed a fair amount of tall women. But, i noticed many were married to me sorter than them. The area i live now is devoid of tall GGs near my age, 67.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I have seen only a few really tall women in my small town and farming region of wisconsin. Like one said, some teens are very tall., but in my age range, at 67yo, i almost never over six foot tall women. Only one that i know of and shes married to a shorter man. I never really had a chance to date a really tall GG. And if i go out as Alice, i will be like a giraffe here., at six foot six and heels.

The beautiful thing about heels is they are made for strutting. So what you do is strut into the place like you own it. Confidence is the best thing for passing. Yes the right outfit helps but if you aren't confident people will notice you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal;4543795
    A combination of humor a splash of confidence and the right attitude work for me.
    Shaken, not stirred. LOL.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K. View Post
    I am 6 - 1 and in heels, well you can do the math. I am currently looking for a nice pair of flats for around the house while doing chores but I do like a nice pair of heels while wearing skirts and dresses. So my question is, how do you deal with being tall while trying to be passable at the same time?
    Hey Linda. From up close it may make a difference. But from some distance and without a wife or GG friend to compare with in the immediate vicinity... No!

It's all about the HBR (the super-famous Heels Body Ratio). The division of the body's size by the height of heels.
    Let's assume 1.68 m (roughly 5'6-5'7) as the average size of women in USA. That's 66 inches. When wearing 4" heels, the heels represent 6 % of the total size, in other word HBR=6%. For you, measuring 73 inches, it is only 5.5 %, which would be 3.6 inches for an average woman.
    But did you notice that there are more Eva Longorias than Ekaterina Lisinas out there wearing high heels ? At 52 inches, Eva's 4" heels are a whopping 7.7% HBR! That is more than twice your HBR Linda
    So while from a short distance no magic will prevent you from being a sexy giraffe, from a medium distance, you will find it more useful to compute your AHS, or Apparent Heels Size, which is your heels size weighed with the ratio between the USA's ASOWAWHADWO (average size of women ACTUALLY wearing heels all day when outside) and your own body size.
    Supposing an ASOWAWHADWO of 52 inches (Eva Longoria), the formula becomes:

AHS = 52/S*HS

with S being your size in inches and HS your your heels size

If you are 6'1 (73 in) and wearing 4" heels, AHS = 52/73*4 = 2.8 inches. Yes, are almost in flats!

The rule of thumb : the taller you are, the smaller the heels look (but beware the headroom).

Quote Originally Posted by Diane426 View Post
    Im 5.12
    From a Diane to another Isn't that 6'0?

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    i knew a girl in college who was easily 6' 5" and she was just plain beautiful
    So, if my calculations are right, as tall in flats as a 6'1 girl wearing 4" heels. That's encouraging.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

Diane - She blinded me with science!! Is that your way of saying, "Just wear the heels?" LOL! I already bump my head enough as it is without shoes!

I'm 5'10. I was wearing 2" heels concerned about my height with heels. While out at a bar one night I was talking with a girl at the bar and asked her what i could do to look better she said that's easy, wear higher heels. I went to 3 1/2" and love them they look so much better.
    Don't worry just do it.

Your so pretty just wear the higher heels.

I love wearing heels, though they generally rub the skin off my toes in no time unless I protect them with plasters (band-aid for our US cousins!) first. I'm 6'5", but whatever I wear I'm never going to pass. It's rare that I get a chance to go out (or dress at all) these days since I'm never away from home, but when I used to go out fairly regularly, most of the time I was fully dressed as a MIAD: without makeup or wig. I did spend a few days away in a hotel a couple of years back where I took the opportunity to spend all of each day fully dressed with makeup and wig. I took a lot of care over my appearance, though there's was not a chance in hell anyone was fooled. I can say with certainty that, for me, there was a big difference in reactions from others every time between when I wore heels and when I wore flats. Wearing flats, even overtly feminine ones, no-one paid me much attention whether in makeup and wig or not. But wearing heels would draw occasional smirks and stares in either mode - to a lesser extent with wig and makeup, but still noticeably more than with flats. And I never wear heels higher than 3 inches. I don't recall anyone laughing at any of the flats. Having said this, I'd still wear heels if the mood takes me. Life's too short not to!

I was saddened by the closure of Long Tall Sally during the pandemic. I used to depend on them for tops and occasionally shoes. The tops had beautifully long sleeves and were really good quality. Now they've been bought by some larger group and the clothes don't seem to be anything like as nice as they used to be. Evans used to be a decent outlet for my sized ladies shoes, but their selection in the large sizes has gone very drab in the last couple of years. Thankfully nicer heels in large sizes (even up to UK 13) seem to be becoming available from various Eastern sellers via Amazon.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    ^this.
    As far as height goes, I'm six foot four, my sister is six feet tall even. Currently she wears a size 13 women's shoes, so she's worn men's sneakers and penny loafers and such androgenous casual footwear for most of her life. Zero heels; she had a pair when she was in I think 6th grade, but as she was close to her adult height by age 14, never again for heels.
    And you'd never mistake her for a guy, no matter what she's wearing. Likewise, you'd never mistake me for a woman, no matter what I'm wearing, unless of course it was during a blackout, with no moon, during an eclipse, in a coal mine, from 100 yards away... and even then, just maybe.
    Well I can 100% understand where you are coming from now. Being 6ft 4ins myself and having a sister who is 5 ft 12 ins tall. So she has always said. My sister choose to exploit her height and looks when younger and was reasonably successful as a fashion model, competing on the Paris Tokyo London circuit for several years. It's not just our physical build that makes us who we are, as we all know. What's inside is a huge part of it. But society dictates that physical build is a huge part of who we can be. To ignore that takes more strength and courage than I have ever had. Having a wife I adore and who loves me (Though mostly the male side of me) keeps me sane and enjoying a very good life. If I could pass as a woman, I am pretty sure my life would have been very different. But I never could and I never will. So to all of us out there, just make the best of what you have and enjoy life. Only one go at it.
    Last edited by Jane G; 11-15-2021 at 11:49 AM.

I'm 6'6" in my bare feet. I LOVE heels. Just own the moment girl.
    Joni

I'm 6'4" and when heels best complete my outfit, then heels are what I wear with that outfit.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Aspiring Member
    Stana, who writes the Femulate blog, is six foot two. www.femulate.org She does in public everything that GGs do in public. Her blog discusses the issue of height. She has assembled a long, impressive list of female celebrities, sorting the list by height. It is worth reading her blog to understand and deal with height as a cross dressing issue.