Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who else makes their stress and unhappiness go away when wearing women's clothes?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Walking on the moors is where I go to relieve stress. Nothing better that I know. Once after an awful week at work I packed my climbing gear, walked to the heart of the moor and abseiled down a tor there. Options:- forget work and focus on what I was doing there and then, or fall off and die. Worked a treat for me.

Happily I am now retired, so very little stress in my life and far more dress, in my life. Though dressing has always helped me feel content and at one with who I am, I don't think it directly helps me personally with stress.

Dressing is my own private personal spa. I concentrate on myself and the outside world dissolves for a while. Immersing myself in a good book can have this soothing effect too, but the sensation of feminine clothes hugging me is yet another ecstasy level. Aren't we strange beasts.

Basically, crossdressing relieves the gender identity dysphoria for me; I guess I'm lucky that is all it takes. So yes, it relieves some stress, and the unhappiness that accompanies it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Tho there are many things that will cause stress in our lives... one for me is when I don't have the opportunity to dress! Life can be grand but if I haven't had any feminine time... ugh!

Banned Read only
    It's not that the act of dressing relieves stress because I am dressing, it's because I'm not pretending to be my male self any more. That's the stress relief.

I don't need to be dressed to feel that same relief - if I am with people who know my trans self then I am also more comfortable in ring myself with them.

I've just bought myself a new sports bra, yoga vest and leggings. I can't wait for the stress relief I will get next time I do some yoga!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I am the opposite....

If I have occasional stress (not related to CDing of course) I do not feel like "dressing" as much
    Although, I do more or less dress and live as female at home. 24-7

Anyway It's when I have no stress is when I feel like dressing and being totally female the most. .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 10-07-2021 at 12:37 AM. Reason: spelling

BINGO! You have nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    It's not stress exactly that is relieved. It's more like a gap in my psyche that is being filled. I feel great emotionally when I dress, When I am not dressed, the notion that I can keeps me very upbeat. And its fun to do CD related activities too, like looking at women's clothing catalogs and talking about it to others - like here at the forum.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

I definitely feel less stressed and an increase in happiness when I am dressed. It has help me get over some rough nights at work.