Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else makes their stress and unhappiness go away when wearing women's clothes?

Who else makes their stress and unhappiness go away when wearing women's clothes?

I'm curious as to who else besides me just seems happier when crossdressing. Yes I know we all get enjoyment out of it, but I'm talking about when you're just pissed off at the world or simply having a bad day. This happens to me quite often, and when I dress up, even if its just a bra and panties, my stress is reduced by more than half. I seem to feel at peace with everything, and I calm down. Probably 1 reason I feel this way is because of the smooth soft silky materials rubbing against your body which feels so good. I might still be upset at whatever it was that made me mad, but I am definitely calmer and more relaxed.

Platinum Member
    You are experiencing and describing an endorphin rush. Our minds are pleasure seeking machines, and the definition of pleasure is the release of endorphins. Its literally all in your head. After all, whether silky or coarse, the feeling is just nerve response sent to the brain. Fabric only has the power you give it!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Definitely me, on those stressful days, it sure does help.
    If I was home, today would be one of those days
    Stress a little high today
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

That is an interesting topic. For me, when the stress levels are brought on by factors not related to crossdressing, yes the dressing brings on a calming effect like what others have mentioned in many posts. On the other hand when the stress is brought on by the dressing itself, it is far more complicated. I am just speaking for myself not others. It becomes very conflicted then. That is probably one reason I choose to dress away from those who could cause stressful interaction.

Sandi

I'm always happier when I'm dressed up girly witch is about 75% of the time

Judy, I mean ME!
    Unless I think someone will come home unexpectedly, then it can be stressful!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

It's not stress exactly that is relieved. It's more like a gap in my psyche that is being filled. I feel great emotionally when I dress, When I am not dressed, the notion that I can keeps me very upbeat. And its fun to do CD related activities too, like looking at women's clothing catalogs and talking about it to others - like here at the forum.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    ME TOO---It's like a "Vacation " AWAY from MYSELF---if only for a few hours.---I get away from myself and become another person, leaving all my stress concerns and worries behind, and ALSO the stresses and responsibilities of "manhood' too.---I can completely relax and unwind. The release is even greater than the erotic element. At the same time I derive extra pleasure in knowing I am "Pretty". The feel of the clothing just serves to remind me that I am not ME and enhances the effects.---------Now I realize that there are some CDs who feel the opposite-----"Becoming one's true self" rather than getting AWAY from their self.---But I think is more of a case of identifying with a woman---a kind of "transsexualism" in that case. not the "escapist" CDing I and others experience, but CD is used for several different reasons.

Definitely me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'v been telling of this experience for so many years I can't even remember how many. My 1st wife didn't understand but she did participate, we were both very young. My 2nd wife fully understood and encouraged me and supported along with participating. My current wife understands and supports me and she to takes part. We are older now and realize there is no redo on missed opportunities. We want to help each other with whatever makes our life better or happier. And my CDing has always made me happy but within the matter of the 1st year of it I found it calming and therapeutic. The time I spent in Fran persona was vacations from my problems or stress and felt relief even when I came back to male persona. Many times with a fresh perspective on my current life and situation. The cost was negligible considering I was enjoying dressing and was going to anyway.
    Last edited by franlee; 09-30-2021 at 08:04 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

When I'm dressed I always feel relaxed and any stress melts away, as long as I know I can stay dressed without interruption for at least a couple of hours. I think it's partly because of the way the clothes and makeup make me feel physically (which often includes erotic feelings), but mostly because I'm happy that at this point in my life I've finally allowed myself to fully explore my feminine side. The feeling of freedom is quite exhilarating! The other side of the coin is when I've been unable to dress for some period of time (even a couple of days) - I feel the stress build up and anxiously await the next opportunity to dress. Even though my wife is very supportive, I don't want to overwhelm her by dressing too often. From what so many others on this forum have said, I'm afraid she will turn cold to my dressing, and then who knows what will happen?

Count me in as well. Psycho-metrically speaking, I think kimdl93 is right; endorphin rushes are real and do much to explain the rapid mood change which can cause stress to magically vanish. Since I live alone, I rarely have to worry about getting caught in any act, so I'm relieved that little stress is created during my en femme periods. But I've found that additional actions (outside dressing) that cause my brain to fire off similar magic endorphins work nearly as well: actions such as walking in a more feminine way up and down the stairs, or talking aloud a bit to myself (don't worry girls, it's healthy) and practicing a more sweetened voice, or even placing my hands and mimicking more womanly -- even feline -- movements whilst typing at my desk. Placebo, perhaps. Needless to say, it works for me and momentarily attrites any current stress.

I do feel better but it also reminds me of one of many short comings too.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

When I'm dressed I feel like I'm ready for anything
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Absolutely! At first crossdressing was exciting and a turn on, but often I just feel relaxed- can?t think of a better word. It reminds me of the feeling of backpacking all day and then the relief of taking off the pack and boots. Ah, this feels good.

Maybe more national and international leaders should wear panties and bras, and worry less about synthesized problems.

Platinum Member
    Before I retired I had a job that was very adversarial. Dealing with our "customers" and management was always a source of potential conflict. Add to that I had to deal with combat related PTSD from the Vietnam War. Basically, wearing women's clothing is a change in personna for me. If I were to have a serious discussion with my wife I'd ask her if she would rather be married to a guy who self medicated with drug or booze. I bet there are many wives you rather deal with a drugged husband than a cross dresser. I belong to a combat PTSD support group. I am the only guy who has not self medicated with drugs and alcohol. Cross dressing has not been injurious to my physical health. It has helped dealing with mental conflicts within myself. Now I have to deal with other people's problems of non acceptance; not my own.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy No, it doesn't do that for me!

But, what dressing DOES DO is make me so preoccupied with Sherry that all that other shit disappears for awhile!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Most of the time if is very relaxing. It seems like we wear these clothes as amour.

However yesterday I had a outing that left me off. Not sure why and that had never happened before.
    Sara

👋 love it. So does my wonderful wife.

This is a great thread, when i was younger and very confused about my desire to dress I thought maybe it was being caused by stress. I would dress up and get instant gratification from it but then I would feel guilty, confused and depressed for a few days after and swear to never do it again. Now that I'm older and accept the fact that I'm a CD and (maybe) that's just how I was wired at birth I do feel totally destressed when I'm able to dress and enjoy being Rebecca for a couple hours now and again. However being married there is always a little stress over getting caught but that's far less and very different then the stress I felt in my youth which was caused by confusion and guilt.

Absolutely. there is always a unique and special joy accompanied with dressing and a range of feelings. Sometimes the freedom feeling, sometimes just serenity.
    Especially love waking up in the summer in the nightie, forms bra & panties and dolling up for coffee etc.

One, I am not really unhappy and B, I do not have that much stress in my life anymore. But dressing does make me feel good and probably on some level creates significant stress of a more enjoyable kind! 🥰

Don't really get to unwind, always worried someone will come home

Totally me. Its a major way to relieve stress by escaping my reality.

No stress or unhappiness, but dressing brings my feelings to a whole new level. Just love it