Thread: Pink Fog Settling In Big Time

Pink Fog Settling In Big Time

Just had to let my thoughts out. I am getting a severe case of Pink Fog in anticipation of attending Diva Las Vegas here near the end of the month. Seems like yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks. Anyhow my thoughts are all filtered by outfits, make up and shopping. I believe I am going to have a bit of a struggle to contain my thoughts for the next few weeks. I am betting that some of you have had a similar conumdrum. Anyhow thanks for listening. No advice needed but I am interested in hearing about your Pink Fog adventures.

One more thought.............. Last time I attended DLV I brought too much stuff. Whew just thinking about what to pack is mind boggling. And then there is buying more stuff once I am there. They do have a Dillards outlet store there you know. Sigh

Teri
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I have that problem as well. As a guy I was too small and couldn't find stuff that fits. Now that I buy XS clothes I can easily find just about anything.
    Luckily I have plenty of storage space.

Marion

Hi Teri, Several years ago a NFP we belong to, held a social event to raise money. The event included cocktails, dinner and a vaudeville show. I was asked to be one of six guys who dressed as a chorus line. My heart jumped. I know what you mean. The rehearsals were fun. My loving wife got involved which made it all the more fun. Yes, the pink fog grew and grew as the event grew closer. I rehearsed a lot. We didn?t change after the show. Today, even thinking about it, brings in the pink fog. Love it. I know you?ll have a wonderful time. Enjoy.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Teri Ray, I know you'll have a wonderful time, especially since you've been before and sorta know the program.
    As far as the pink fog, just enjoy it. It's certainly better than those times some of us have when it all just looks like stuff.
    Haven't been there in quite a while and, unfortunately, never went to DLV the whole time I lived there.

Oh Honey, Dillard's is so retail. There are multiple Saver's in Vegas and they're always full of great clothes including things that only turn up in Vegas.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sounds like it would be a fun trip. I feel your pain on packing the suitcase. I just got home last night and it literally takes me an hour or more to neatly fit everything into my suitcase, while taking extra precaution to protect my forms from damage. One thing is to make sure anything with hooks like bras are separated so they can not snag the form.

I love shopping at Dillard?s too. One of my favorite stores. Have a nice trip.

Sandi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Packing a week of outfits at SLV/WildSide this year will be the worst, TeriRay! Because there will be twice as many events as usual!

I plan to to start next week. Because I have to do a compete dress rehearsal with every single outfit to be sure I have everything I need once I get there!

See u there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Teri, hopefully we all can get the opportunity to have such a major Pink Fog event!

I had mine this summer when the rest of the house left for a long weekend. It started as I heard the flight reservations being made and the fog only got better(worse?) as the days wound down. As the last few weeks became days I found myself thinking about my time alone almost every waking moment.

With the help of a few friends from here a vague game plan evolved but the biggest thing missing was meeting up with others, looks like you have that covered!

I did manage to enjoy the weekend, spent 3+ days straight as Jamie and knocked a few items off the "to-do" list, even some I didn't plan on, such as buying shapewear at Target. I noticed something in my size did not have a tag on it so I took the item and another one to the register and had the most awesome interaction with the young woman at the register. She could not have been more professional, polite and quickly rang up my purchases, and though I had done my best to be femme, my size and voice make it probably almost impossible. I almost floated out of there, it had been such a hurdle but in the end it was just so easy!

Just prior to that stop I had stopped at Panera, ordered a nice light meal using the kiosk and took a seat near the windows. When my meal was ready the buzzer sounded and I made my way to the counter. They said "enjoy your meal" but I was convinced they weren't looking, otherwise they might have reacted in some manner to a guy dressed as a woman.

Though I was in there for approximately 45 minutes, eating slowly and on my phone (just to blend!) I am comfortable that no one noticed me at all, right up until I went to refill my drink and asked some customers if I could pass by. After that, one of the women I passed by snuck a sneak glance back to me at my seat but that was it, it was so awesome in that it was just calm and uneventful, make sense?

Enjoy the event, hopefully we all get to go to one before too long!

Platinum Member
    I totally get it, Terri Ray. Sometimes, even more than half the fun of any experience is the anticipation and planning. So, enjoy!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Teri,
    If I'm not mistaken, I was standing beside you under that ton of bricks. However the fog was already on high simmer for a couple months since I decided to attend DLV.

I have to admit...it's exhausting. Trying to select outfits has been a chore. Finding what still fits is bad enough, but, then considering if it's appropriate for real life. Many of my fashions are way outdated, because that's what I like, or they are not appropriate for my shape or age. I'm trying to put together outfits that satisfy my preferences and still are appropriate, and I'm realizing I have no modern fashion sense.

Luckily my normally anti-participative wife has sensed my ineptitude and jumped in to help me out. Apparently there is nothing like a crossdressing husband who is about to make a fool out of himself to soften, if not only temporarily, a reluctant yet loving wife's resolve.

I don't even want to think about my makeup talents. In my camera or on a fuzzy Zoom screen, I was feeling pretty good about my skills, but after a couple practices and a couple epic failures, when I started looking at it with a real life eye.. well just imagine GracieLou Freebush when Michael Caine left. OMG!!!

Okay I think I'm gonna go sit in a chair now and do my best Goldie Hawn in Overboard imitation... Buh buh buh...

Hugs
    Meeshell
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Breath in that Pink Fog, Teri in rural Idaho. Presume that you will be driving to Las Vegas, so over packing just adds to your dressing capabilities and the rising anticipation while preparing.

Trust that all of you gals here planning to attend Divas Las Vegas and/or Wildside will share your upcoming adventures as they unfold.

Gawd, I realize that I am about to miss a CD opportunity of a lifetime. Two-fer events at once.

I am going to Fantasia fair on the 17th. I have only ever been to one of these conferences on a 1 day basis, so I am in a bit of a tizzy about what to pack. I will have to admit, though, it's a kind of fun, PINK tizzy; one that involves a major credit card and a lot of watching out for the fedex truck.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

It?s been a long time since I?ve posted on this site, but I read the boards daily. The pink fog has definitely set in for me as I will be in Vegas in a few weeks for wildside. This will be my first time to an event such as this, although I have been CDing most of my life. I am soooo excited that I am thinking about it 24/7, buying way too many things online, and have been mentally packing a suitcase since last week?.I am so lucky to have a great wife helping me prep for this trip!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

It?s been a long time since I?ve posted on this site, but I read the boards daily. The pink fog has definitely set in for me as I will be in Vegas in a few weeks for wildside. This will be my first time to an event such as this, although I have been CDing most of my life. I am soooo excited that I am thinking about it 24/7, buying way too many things online, and have been mentally packing a suitcase since last week?.I am so lucky to have a great wife helping me prep for this trip!