Thread: Storage/Organizer

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem

Storage/Organizer

Barbara is blessed in that she has a wonderful GF that keeps Barb's things in her garage. Cursed because Barbara can't be out to everyone in the world (its my choice)

When Barbara isn't out in 3-D, she lives in three plastic storage containers. This is convenient in that they stack, keep things dry and clean and are fairly easy to move around. They are not convenient in that they are just large containers. I have been trying unsuccessfully for a year now trying to figure out how to keep things organized. Shoes, dresses, leggings, pants (yes, I do wear pants sometimes ) undies and makeup and all the accessories that a girl needs.

I was at a local Home Depot (large hardware/lumber/tool store for those not familiar) and they had these.
    boxes.jpg

Yes I know they are not girly looking at all, but they seem like it would help organize things better. They would be easy to move around and load in and out of vehicles.

I have looked a bit for luggage sets that would accomplish something similar, but have yet to find anything.

Has anyone tried something like this? Any other suggestions?

Barbara

That's pretty nifty. I just have storage totes where all of my femme stuff lives. Reminds me, I really need to organize things as it is taking too long to find what I'm looking for...
    -Cheryllynn

Reality Check
    You may be able to find them in pink!

I have to feel a bit sorry for those who cannot just hang their clothes in a normal closet, put their shoes under the bed and keep their boobs and wigs on a shelf somewhere.

But, there are all sorts of storage solutions and there are even companies that specialize in storage solutions. A check of the Internet may find better solutions with the ability to hang clothes and keep things in better condition.
    Krisi

I'm a big Milwaukee tools fan. Same kind of stuff but in red. They are called "Pack Out"
    Great idea!

Platinum Member
    Unfortunately, with a DADT wife my wardrobe cannot be hanged in plain sight in our walk-in closet. My wardrobe in stored in 20+ Xerox boxes which are stacked in our converted garage. Of course, there are other stacks of storage boxes with various non garment items. I can remember the time when my femme stuff was stored in my armoire in a large gift box.

That might be a convienent way to do it Barb, the problem is always putting it all back organized. I am lucky enough to hava two extra bedrooms where all of my "other stuff" lives in one of them and if anyone stays over and puts anything in the closet it just looks as though my wife needs extra closet space. I also have a storage closet in the garage = too much stuff; but i hope you find a good solution .......your friend, Debra

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yuck! Storage containers? No way! U need hanging space for most outer wear.

I have a storage room at work, a garage and a spare room at home filled with hanging racks for my crap. And, of course nearly every closet in the house and apt. filled with Sherry's gear!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    I was going to do the same to keep my tops and skirts and other things in a large tool box as well. Dresses and outer wear, and some other things might be more difficult to fit in.

It is fortunate for me that I am able to hang my dresses and such in my bedroom closet, because my organizational proclivities asre such that any storage tubs that I buy will quickly assume their place in the general clutter.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I keep my stuff folded and in BIG plastic Boxes with lids. Which I slide under my bed, in and out like drawers, My bed is an old style with plenty of clearance beneath for storage.

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    You may be able to find them in pink!

I have to feel a bit sorry for those who cannot just hang their clothes in a normal closet, put their shoes under the bed and keep their boobs and wigs on a shelf somewhere.

But, there are all sorts of storage solutions and there are even companies that specialize in storage solutions. A check of the Internet may find better solutions with the ability to hang clothes and keep things in better condition.
    Thank you Krisi, It does suck.....
    I do like your idea of them in pink.
    I will do some more looking. I looked some and didn't find much

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Swindell View Post
    I'm a big Milwaukee tools fan. Same kind of stuff but in red. They are called "Pack Out"
    Great idea!
    I too am a Milwaukee tools fan, but they are so much more expensive for their version. Now like Krisi suggested, if they were in PINK, i would consider it...

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    That might be a convienent way to do it Barb, the problem is always putting it all back organized. I am lucky enough to hava two extra bedrooms where all of my "other stuff" lives in one of them and if anyone stays over and puts anything in the closet it just looks as though my wife needs extra closet space. I also have a storage closet in the garage = too much stuff; but i hope you find a good solution .......your friend, Debra
    Thank you Debra, yes it is a pain, but one that I am currently willing to work around. In the garage where the boxes live, there is a taller closet that my longer dresses and jumpers live in.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    I keep my stuff folded and in BIG plastic Boxes with lids. Which I slide under my bed, in and out like drawers, My bed is an old style with plenty of clearance beneath for storage.
    My problem is I have too much stuff.....I have been able to keep to my own self imposed rule that I will have no more than the three plastic totes, if I get something new, I go through and find something that I dont/wont wear and purge it.