Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween - suspected of being a full-time cross dresser?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Lets face it if you can walk naturally in heals. Then it's not a one off. Every woman in the room knows that.

Any time I've seen a guy dressed as a woman or wearing a female character costume for Halloween, I've always assumed they're into this full time. But maybe that's just projection on my part -- I'm obviously biased.

The only Halloween parties I've been to since getting back into dressing are usually tame things with family or coworkers, so I wouldn't dare show up en femme. Moreover, my pride isn't going to let me do halfhearted, thrown-together outfit, so that would definitely out me.

There was a Halloween episode of the TV show "News Radio" in which the station owner challenged them to dress up. Dave Foley's character dressed up as a woman, very convincingly. The other characters commented on how good he looked, but never suggested it was a lifestyle. Of course, it was just a TV show. (But that episode brought the pink fog down on me big time.)

Banned Read only
    This year for Halloween I have been invited to two parties where co-workers will be present. I am going to one as President Biden and to the other, much larger event, completely dressed as Monica with a minidress, hose, ridiculous tall heels, full makeup and breastplate. The plan is to preemptively raise eyebrows and kind of force my own hand into being more open about who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    There was a Halloween episode of the TV show "News Radio" in which the station owner challenged them to dress up. Dave Foley's character dressed up as a woman, very convincingly. The other characters commented on how good he looked, but never suggested it was a lifestyle. Of course, it was just a TV show. (But that episode brought the pink fog down on me big time.)
    The best part was when his girlfriend kept looking him with a mixture of incredulity, awe and annoyance while exclaiming repeatedly "He's wearing my dress!!!"

As they say in “Clueless” - “Nice stems.”

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    One thing you might try is going out on Halloween in a woman's Halloween costume. There is a huge variety to choose from.
    Yep, I've never understood the "I'm going as a woman" costume... Unless it's an obvious "joke" (big fat hairy guy with a bushy beard, really bad wig, gigantic boobs, etc.).

But, people can do whatever?

Personally, when I used to do Halloween, I've always dressed up as a woman -- dressed in a Halloween costume.

And it's really easy to put together your own, using some things you may already have. Maybe grab a few accessories (e.g., witch hat, cat ears, etc.), and you're done!

I guess I am lucky. I will never pass as a woman. I just dress how I want when I feel like it.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    This year for Halloween I have been invited to two parties where co-workers will be present. I am going to one as President Biden and to the other, much larger event, completely dressed as Monica with a minidress, hose, ridiculous tall heels, full makeup and breastplate. The plan is to preemptively raise eyebrows and kind of force my own hand into being more open about who I am.
    That sounds great . Does it means you will go to the office as Monica from now on .

I did it one Halloween, and I have been out several times since. I really don't care what the people that know med think. I am having fun and enjoying myself. If the have a problem with it that is on them.

I get a full body wax often enough that my hair is not growing back that much. Full face wax every 4 weeks (blonde hair so laser is out). I feel I am very comfortable when I go out dressed. I could do a little better on the makeup, but I have received compliments for makeup and hair.

thanks,

I'm about to test this very premise. While I have left the house dressed, it has only ever been to drive around a different town. So far I have only been dressed in female attire on one occasion in the company of others which was at a Eurovision Song Contest party. We were all given a country at random and asked to come dressed to represent that country. I have a feeling the organiser had rigged the draw as I was given Isreal. They expected me to play it safe but I shocked everyone by going as Dana International. I was given help as I had no experience with makeup at the time.

This year for the first time since then I am getting my femme on and dressing for Halloween as a glam goth witch. I expect to get some stares and questons about my makeup and ability to walk in heels. Let them ask away. I don't owe them any answers.

I can't wait. I intend to put a spell on eveyone.

Martine xx

I did one Halloween in a women's costume, complete with wig, stockings, and heels, but no makeup! Several asked me if I had shaved my legs, my answer was "if you're going to do it, do it right."
    Still, I looked like a guy in a woman's costume, and it was a blast.

The crossdressers's national holiday is fast approaching and this question about whether people will be suspicious about you if you show up to a party en femme comes up every year. In my opinion if you show up looking like you put the effort into your presentation like everyone here does the answer is an obvious yes. The shaved legs, arms, and shaved chest to show cleavage, the a little too perfect makeup, the being too good at wearing heels, and all the other details are going to be hard to ignore.

Much as I would love to show up to a Halloween party or fancy dress party ( which is much more popular than Halloween down under) wearing outfits like I show in the Photos section I think people would have no doubt figuring out I was just a little too good and comfortable with all of this. I'm not even sure if wearing a woman's costume would make it less suspicious.

Even if the fancy dress party theme was come as the opposite sex it would be a dead giveaway if you show looking like you have boobs created with a breastplate. No exactly something you go into the local Target or costume store to buy.

I did dress up for a Halloween party we hosted a millennium ago and no one ever mentioned anything but I was trying to hide a moustache with nose putty and makeup ( yuk!) and didn't shave my legs or chest. Plus my makeup skills were not very good so as far as I know people weren't suspicious. It was even the days before my wife knew the real truth about Danielle and she never mentioned anything at the time. However, a couple of years ago we were talking about the party and my wife said I did look just a little too relaxed wearing a dress sitting on the couch with my legs crossed like a woman.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica33 View Post
    That sounds great . Does it means you will go to the office as Monica from now on .
    Jessica, That's not something I'm prepared to do yet. One step at a time!

There are people who are never questioned, because of one thing…. CONFIDENCE.

I’m a confident person, but I wouldn’t be confident dressed on Halloween in public, and people would see right thru it. If you can own it - not go crazy over the top, but have fun…people will laugh, some may suspect (but more in a positive way - and it may even attract some because of your boldness and confidence)…do this and no one will care, and the ones that do, will be ignored.

My wife loves my confidence…she’s attracted to it. And honestly, the only thing she doesn’t like about when I get dressed is that I lose it…and that annoys her. I shut down, don’t tease, flirt, etc. I’m too aware of self and insecure.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    AS I have mentioned it here once, I have attended a Halloween Party ONCE disguised as a Female (Gypsy Fortune teller) I may have very well LOOKED the part, but to paraphrase another poster on another post, "You not only have to LOOK like a duck, but talk and walk like a duck also"-----Since I only LOOKED the part, but did not or COULD NOT fulfill the other two conditions, I did not fear I would be thought of as a real "Crossdresser". ----- I was obviously NOT trying to be taken for a female, ( and I really think I could not make myself try) It was obvious to myself and others that I would NOT make a very good "Female impersonator".-----Looks, no matter how good are not enough.

The Halloween before COVID we had an office costume contest, I dressed up as a witch. Didn't fuss too much with the make-up, wig was cheap, I did use breast forms, but they were small and acrylic nails. It was all in fun and I did win the vote for best costume. No one questioned it, or said anything if they did. BUT I did keep the acrylic nails and have had them every since, except for a couple weeks while nail salons were closed but it didn't last long in Texas. That I am sure has raised eyebrows, but didn't care and I've been working from home since March 2020.

My wife and I were the only two to dress up for a small party last week. She went as a dark fairy and I the witch again. All in fun.

I went to a Haloween party many years ago and before i began to explore my true self, I inflated a couple baloons probably a double ff size, black tee shirt, cycling leggings and a black bin bag for a mini skirt, complete with a broom stick, I won first prise!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

The second or third year you come to your friends Halloween party dressed as a girl, you get a lot of “knowing glances.”

We usually go to public parties in the big city close to use. They are put on by hotels or nightclubs so no one really knows who we are so it doesn't matter if we go every year. I never remember who is there from year to year, there are probably over 200 people there.

If you go to a private party where everyone knows who you are, then someone may suspect if you always dress as a woman.
    Last edited by char GG; 10-21-2021 at 04:31 PM.

I live in a gated 55+ community that has a yearly Halloween party with a couple of hundred people. The first year I went as little miss Virginia, complete with a pink little girls party dress, petticoats, ruffled panties, pantyhose, wig, full makeup, thin arched eyebrows, Mary Janes. The ladies loved my outfit and kept lifting my skirt and couldn?t believe that I was wearing little girls panties and had shaved my legs, one lady happened to notice that underneath my ruffled panties which were on the top of the pantyhose, I was actually wearing pink high cut satin panties. Everything worked out fine and I won third place in costume contest.

The next year I cam as a French maid with a very low cut neck line which let me show off the B size boobs that I can create with the right bra
    Of course I had the traditional costume with short helpline and petticoats, fishnets and heels. This year I felt that people were a little more standoffish. I guess they were beginning to figure it out.

The next year I came as little miss muffin, with a yellow and white checked dress that came to mid thigh, of course with petticoats, ruffled panties, pantyhose, heels and shaved legs. Now they were really getting stanoffish, I was pushing it pretty strong. Then the unexpected happen, there was another guy dressed in the exact same dress as me, well, I talked with him and he and his wife sat with me for dinner. I am pretty sure he was a cross dresser since his eyebrows were very thin and arched and he had shaved his legs. When his wife went to the bathroom I told him I was a cross dresser and he confirmed that he indeed was one to. To this day we?re best of girl friends and visit him often en femme with his wife present, we were even talking about starting a male maid service but that has not gotten too far.

I agree with others who have said that it comes down to frequency, effort, and type of costume. Sure, just dressing up in fem mode meets the criteria of a "costume" but if you're not going for humor/irony, then people will definitely suspect you dress up like that on days that are not halloween. If you crossdress every year for halloween, same thing. Finally, its a bit of a tell if you really make an effort to pass. Most of the time when I've seen men in women's costumes in the past, they typically forego shaving body or even facial hair, skip makeup or do an intentionally bad/incomplete job of it, and avoid heels more than an inch or two.

I understand offering up the excuse of "if you're going to do it, go all out/do it right" to try and cover up why you're dressed to the nines, but I think most people would see through that.

I don't think any of this should stop you from dressing up, when I've dressed up on halloween personally, my goal was always to look better than the real women out there anyway. I dont really care if anyone suspected it wasnt my first time in pantyhose and high heels.

Well... Martine the Witch/Wicked Queen went down an absolute storm. Despite comments from a beautician tharvthe 'press on' nails and false eye lashes were very well done, no-one passed any other comment on how well I managed walking in heels or anything. In fact I got a bigger welcome/acceptance as Martine than I ever had as drab me.

Happy Halloween

Martine xx

P.S. totally forgot to mention that I was addressed by a quite drunk aquaintance by my avatar name completely at random. No-one but the people on this site know my by this name.

Good night everyone.

XX
    Last edited by MartineCD; 10-30-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Reading this thread brought back fond memories of my first and only time out in public dressed en femme. I was in my mid teens and told my mother that I wanted to attend a Halloween activity in another town dressed as a girl. She gave me a skirt and blouse and tied a pretty scarf around my head. I wore my sister’s Bobby socks and tennis shoes. What she didn’t know was I had borrowed a pair of my sister’s panties and a bra in order to feel complete.

She dropped me off at the event, and I spent several glorious hours roaming around feeling very feminine. I wasn’t worried about seeing anyone I knew, just enjoying the chance to explore my surroundings. At the end of the evening, she picked me up and I had to relinquish my attire, but the feeling remained. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to repeat it, and it has become one of my treasured memories.
    Last edited by Monique65; 11-01-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    Honoring the woman within

Just another 'Gurl'
    I think the difference between non CDs dressing and CDs is that we who are crossdressers put a lot more time and effort into into appearing fem. We often try to be more than just a man in a skirt which is how a lot of non CDs look when they put on a dress at Halloween.
    Last edited by Kitty Sue; 11-06-2021 at 03:20 PM.
    Just another man in a dress