Thread: STARTING FROM SCRATCH...Need Advice.

STARTING FROM SCRATCH...Need Advice.

Long story short...

I am starting a completely new path in my life.

I am pretty much alone now and I want to incorporate a small social circle of friends (4-6 people max) who either share my lifestyle as a crossdresser or are accepting of this lifestyle. I live rural and pretty much 1 hour south of Nashville.

I'm too old to be out doing the nightclub scene, not interested in having any relationships beyond simple friendship with either gender simply due to the age factor being what it is.

Been looking at various crossdressing sites but they are for the most part fee-based sites to be able to do any communicating with and I'm not sure if they are legit, worth it, or are just rip-off sites.

Therefore, any advice especially from those who have found themselves in this position themselves, please give me some guidance on how you've dealt with it.

Thanks

Stephanie

Platinum Member
    If I recall correctly, you are hoping to live a significant part of your future life as a woman. And as a person of a certain age, the nightlife holds little attraction anymore. I totally understand. As a resident of the rural North, I suspect its not altogether different from the rural south. There might see to be relatively few opportunities for mature person to be among other humans, but I think there might be activities and events to consider. Perhaps there are accepting church groups and events, for those so inclined. Of a more secular nature, there may be a variety of groups doing interesting things (it may be crafts, hobbies, nature walks, card playing or whatever). Such groups are likely to welcome other mature and interesting people to take part. I was just beginning to explore these things when I found myself being drawn back into the world of work at least for now.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You can try meetup group there is a group for about anything.

Now isn't the best time to do so, but you could try organizing a GNO (girls' night out), in Nashville. Jeri Ann started one several years ago, here in Houston, and before Covid, it was a modest success. See the link in my signature for an idea of how to organize and communicate such a thing.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Too bad this wasn't a few years ago Stephanie
    I was living in that approximate area for a few years and just dyeing to make some new friends.
    Eventually ended up moving to Bangor Maine.

Good Luck.
    I may be headed thru your area in a month or 2, maybe we could meet up then.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Now isn't the best time to do so, but you could try organizing a GNO (girls' night out),
    Stephanie,

That's a good avenue to explore. I've done something similar every year apart from the covid period for a good few years now and I've been able to meet up with a few from the forum. In fact I'm doing it this year and have arranged to meet up with 2 members in a little over a month's time. It doesn't have to be anything too brash, a meet up for coffee or an evening meal and a few drinks will get you started.

All you can do is put the request out there and see who responds. Nothing ventured.......
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Not sure how far you want to travel but I understand that there is a pretty active Tri Ess group out of Atlanta. You might check their website for contact information.